Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BB cream/ Beauty Balm...which one is BEST??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
erica1981
5% products discount

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I recently discovered the threads on BB cream and I got really excited because it seems like the product that I've been searching for!!(moisturizer, primer, spf, foundation in one??? is this too good to be true??) The threads are all from the last couple years and I started researching...there are so many versions now LOL. Which brand is the best for medium skin tone, doesn't cause breakout, and absorbs oil the best?
All the reviews here rave about BRTC, but I see that they now offer BB from MAC, Too Faced, Clinique, Clarins, etc.
I want to run to Sephora ASAP, but figured I should get some opinions first.Is it all the HYPE? Razz

5% products discount

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
i personally love the bb balms from skin79!
Especially the Skin 79 Diamond Prestige BB Cream.
It gives such a nice healthy glow;)
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
HamCheeseSandwich - do you know how to find the ingredients for any of their products?
Beach_bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Does it really work as a moisturizer and a primer?

How are BB creams on dry skin?

I'm going to see if I can find some samples.
erica1981
5% products discount

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Does it really work as a moisturizer and a primer?

How are BB creams on dry skin?

I'm going to see if I can find some samples.

If you find samples let us know...I'm dying to try this stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Trying the Clinique now, bought it based on reviews and recommendations but it is too soon to truly tell. I have only had it on one day and with all the peelies from my run at Retin-A again, it is not a true trial on my normal skin. I do think I will love it once my skin settles down.
What I liked about this one is that it helps calm redness.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently using the Missha BB Cream. i find it quite like, (although the coverage is not as strong as my Shu Uemura foundation).

Havent caused any breakout yet so far...so good.

My cousin sister tried a Laneige BB cream and she broke out like crazy.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and my go to BB is Dr Jart Premium BB Spf45. I know there are many other BB's out there for drier skin, but I really love the coverage, the SPF and look of Dr Jart when on. It's kind of a weird color when it comes out of the tube, but looks good when applied.
I have to say I am a big fan of the BB's...I wouldn't mind trying other kinds, but as of now, Dr Jart is my go to guy and I usually buy on Ebay when one comes up. I know Sephora carries Dr Jart.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
leaffie
5% products discount

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also currently on the hunt for the perfect BB cream too! Here's what i've tried so far:
Skin79 Hot Pink BB cream, which is supposed to be best for oily skin types. I personally found this slightly too drying even for my combination skin. Maybe it will work better for me in the summertime. Skin79 gold BB cream, which is a more hydrating formula, was pretty good, the coverage is light though. Most recently, I've just tried Skinfood red orange jelly BB cream, which has an amazing texture and decent coverage but i think it might be a tad bit too light for my skin tone. The brands i've tried so far are the asian/korean types, which only come in 1 or 2 shades and may give a greyish/chaulky cast if applied to heavily. I, personally, haven't tried any of the "western" brands. I've just started using/trying bb creams about 1 month ago but i do like them for their ease of use and multitasking claims. I'm still trying to find one that matches my skin tone perfectly or at least find a way of making it match.
By the way.. you can get samples of the skin79 bb cream by ordering on the northamerica website (I believe there's a small charge though). Hope this helps Smile
erica1981
5% products discount

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR does the Clinique match your skin tone and does it control oil?
Has anyone tried the Lioele creams?? I heard good things about this brand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Clinique 4 times now and have to say so far I am loving it! I am using shade 2 which blends just fine, not too white but I am paler than usual. It says you can layer foundation on top if need be, so if I get darker I may have to add a touch.
Very natural, not too dry on my skin or oily in other places that need it to balance.
Love the way it soaks in to such a nice finish, way better than my foundations which seem to "settle".
Perfect for an every day look!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have only used one BB cream, Skin79 hot pink. I have pretty oily skin and extremely acne prone, I was worried that it would make my skin more oily but it acutally did just the opposite. It seemed to control my oily skin! And NO break outs!
I love it, it has so many amazing ingredients in it and has a lot of great reviews.
Hope you find your perfect BB cream!
ehazelwood
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I've tried MAC's, Clinique's, and Dr. Jart's and none are moisturizing enough for me, they all left my skin feeling very tight and looking a bit ashy. Clinique's was the closest to providing enough moisture, but I'm super fair and it made me look orange. I have combo skin that's pretty dry in some areas (around my mouth, cheeks, etc.). I had good results if I used argan oil before apply the BB cream, but that kind of defeats the purpose if I have to use a moisturize first. I would love to know if anyone has found some thing moisturizing that comes in fair shades.
erica1981
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just got a sample from Sephora of each: Dr Jarts, Smashbox, and Boschia. I tried the Smashbox yesterday and the Dr Jarts today and both were okay...my face started to get greasy by lunchtime, so I might find one that is more mattifying.
Gonna try the Boschia tmrw and will let you know what I think.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have read good reviews of Dior's new BB cream at Sephora, so that is one to check out!

The one I use is Missha's Signature Wrinkle Filler. Looks luminous on, has Syn Ake.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I ended up returning my Clinique BB Balm. I loved it the first few times, but I went out when it was hot and it did turn orange. The first few times it was still cool out, but under heavier and more challenging(yard work)conditions it turned. Hated that as it was calming on my rosacea!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I think I am going to go into Sephora and get a few samples to try. I have heard several mentioned here that seem worth a first/second look and that is about the only way I know how it will react to my skin now that warmer weather is here. It is just hard to tell when starting out Retin-A then Finacea and your skin is a little drier than usual as well.
I am looking for one with good coverage and for fair skin that melts right in, any recs?

5% products discount

Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I ordered samples from Ebay for very cheap....3 samples of each:
Skin79 Hot Pink=$1.50
Lioele Triple the Solution=$2.50
These two brands I have heard good things about so figured I would give a try.
I definitely don't think I like any of the ones I tried from Sephora, enough to purchase at least (Dr Jart, Smashbox, Boschia) All left my face kinda greasy by mid-afternoon.
I really wanted to love these products, but maybe I need to purchase a seperate moisturizer, spf, and foundation after all Sad
I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the Skin79 and Lioele.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Another new BB cream, this one by Origins. I have not used it just received an email today about this.

A Perfect World™ SPF15
Age-defense tinted moisturizer with White Tea
A hint of tint. A world of protection. And so much more. Meet Nature's BB Cream with Silver Tip White Tea. It's a Beauty Balm that surrounds skin in an age-fighting protective bubble. Plus a moisturizing tint that gives a fresh, flawless finish. It's so perfect, 98% agreed skin looked healthy, hydrated, radiant & more youthful. Simply sweep it on for 8 hours of total perfection.
Best for combination/dry skin.

Six shades, Price US $35.00

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone has been thinking of Missha, they started their F&F sale today, thirty percent off everything on site. Shipping is free at $40.
erica1981
5% products discount

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Which Missha BB is best for medium skintone, good coverage, combination/t-zone breakout prone? With SPF of course!

5% products discount

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I feel lancome's BB is unfit for me.I like vichy's BB much more.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I think I want to try Skin79 BB Cream, but I have no idea the quality of the sun protection in these creams. Also, I don't know the cost if I have to order on-line and the shipping charges to Canada.

Any reviews of this brand?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have been loving Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. I also like the Missha Cho Bo Yang BB Cream.

Where is a good online source to get the Skin79 BB Creams?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I have been loving Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. I also like the Missha Cho Bo Yang BB Cream.

Where is a good online source to get the Skin79 BB Creams?

I never tried or ordered BB cream. I was looking at Skin79 web-site, which offers to ship for free if you spend $80
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |