Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please help, I think I burned my face!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
deluneth

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Tazorac 0.1% cream for two months, and its done done really good things for my skin. I have red marks from past acne, and I really was looking for something to make them go away faster, so I went to the drugstore and bought Neutrogena Perfect Skin Face Lotion SPF 15 with AHA. I don't get much dryness with Tazorac anymore, since my skin is used to it now, so I decided to use the face lotion this morning after cleansing.

I had it on for an hour, and noticed the stinging sensation and just thought this was normal for AHA, after the hour though I wanted to take it off because it was getting uncomfortable and now I have this GIANT red blotch under my eye, it literally looks like a BURN although it doesn't hurt. I immediately put copious amounts of Cerave moisturizer, and it looks better but now I'm scared I might of burned my face.

Help?!?! I am so stupid for using AHA products with tazorac I know...
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
It should be fine... most of us have been there. I would put Neosporin on it. If you are prone to breakouts use the cream formula (not the ointment) with pain relief. It will help it to heal faster. I would blob it on and sleep with it and apply it throughout the day. I've been at this for years and did the same thing recently so no need to be embarrassed.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't find the ingredients to this but I suspect you just had reaction to an ingredient in it not necessarily AHA. My skin reacts like that to any of neutrogena products with SPF.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Second the Neosporin and the being there, you'll be fine in no time. I think it's strange that an AHA product would also have SPF 15 in it. It's not necessarily the AHA that caused the problem, I use an AHA toner under my Retin A with no problems. You obviously have a sensitivity to that product.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Agree with the Neosporin, or you could also try some diaper rash cream. Sounds silly, but the zinc in it is really soothing and healing and usually helps!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |