Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)
Careprost: Could my lashes ever look like this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Some of you may have read that after my success with RapidLash, I decided to throw caution to the wind and see if Careprost could do better at lengthening my lashes even more and give them more volume.

Here are my lashes after 12 weeks of using Rapidlash, no mascara:

Now, here is my question: Below is a recent picture of my daughter, Julia's, lashes, with no mascara on, just some eyeshadow. She is 17 years old. Her father doesn't have long lashes that I remember, and I don't think mine have ever been this long in my life:

Do you think there is any chance in heck mine could ever get as long and lush as my daughters are here from using Careprost, or am I just dreaming? Laughing
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I have had results with careprost. I actually have sort of long lashes. They're even longer.

I've seen people that need to STOP! They look like camel lashes, and could surely stop a sand storm.

I was a hold out until my girlfriend with rather stunted lashes used lattise (same ingrediant is my understanding)... BIG diff.

Lashes don't see to get thicker. Just longer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 am      Reply with quote
From what I have seen careprost produces some pretty amazing results. Its definitely worth it try I think.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I would try it. Seems like very little risk for such lovely lashes.

And totally, I wax people's brows and I can tell when they have gone nuts with Latisse. FREAKY looking!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all!

I've only started using the Careprost 6 days ago, so I don't expect to see any change for a few more weeks. It took me around 7 weeks to start seeing some length with RapidLash (twice as long as it's taken most people to see added length).

Can those of you who've used Careprost, or are using it, remember when you started to notice you lashes getting longer? Silly me keeps thinking that since the Careprost looks and feels like water compared to RapidLash, I keep thinking, "This stuff is too watery to work." Like I know what a good lash enhancer consistency is supposed to be. Rolling Eyes I do love how it doesn't have me waking up to that glue-like film on my lash root line like RapidLash did. I just really hope to see some results soon.

I did notice, too, that RapidLash seemed to give me another row of lashes and hope that Careprost can do the same. As you can see from my daughter's picture, she has way more lashes than I do. I'd gladly give up the added volume if my lashes could not only grow longer but add another row of lashes.

Claudia, I cracked up at your camel lashes comment. I doubt mine will get to that point, but it would be fun for a while if they did. Laughing
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thanks all!

I've only started using the Careprost 6 days ago, so I don't expect to see any change for a few more weeks. It took me around 7 weeks to start seeing some length with RapidLash (twice as long as it's taken most people to see added length).

Can those of you who've used Careprost, or are using it, remember when you started to notice you lashes getting longer? Silly me keeps thinking that since the Careprost looks and feels like water compared to RapidLash, I keep thinking, "This stuff is too watery to work." Like I know what a good lash enhancer consistency is supposed to be. Rolling Eyes I do love how it doesn't have me waking up to that glue-like film on my lash root line like RapidLash did. I just really hope to see some results soon.

I did notice, too, that RapidLash seemed to give me another row of lashes and hope that Careprost can do the same. As you can see from my daughter's picture, she has way more lashes than I do. I'd gladly give up the added volume if my lashes could not only grow longer but add another row of lashes.

Claudia, I cracked up at your camel lashes comment. I doubt mine will get to that point, but it would be fun for a while if they did. Laughing

Don't worry about the thinness. Keep in mind this is a glaucoma med. discovered to cause long lashes. So, consistancy has nothing to do it.

Give it 3 months. You've already got a before picture. So snap another in 3 months.

The camel lashes are for real. I was at a kindergarten tour a couple of years back. And I didn't hear a thing. The woman next to me must have thought I was crazy but I could NOT quit staring at her 1 inch EASILY long eye lashes. I was looking for a glue line. Finally realized, those are hers. Shock

This stuff just keeps your lashes in a longer growing stage. So, that's why you need to go through the 3 months+. The whole of your lashline will be at a different stage.

Now that I think of it, I think I will buy this for a friend just starting Chemo. She'll want it perhaps when she's finished.

Anyone have luck with it on their eyebrows? She'll need those too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Good to know that the consistency has nothing to do with how well it works. I cannot wait to take pictures in a three months. Hopefully, they will show a good change.

I know I'm not supposed to put this stuff on my bottom lashes, but I thought that since I didn't have any allergic reaction/irritation on the top, I'd go ahead an apply it to the bottom, just with whatever I had left over on my brush after applying to the top.

I have no idea about using it on your eyebrows, but RapidLash has gotten some rave reviews from others about using this on their eyebrows.
Beach_bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I use Careprost on my lower lashes and it's been wonderful! Why is it that it's not recommended for use on the lower lashes?

When I first began using Latisse I had those ridiculously long lashes that would hit my sunglasses everytime I'd blink so I had to scale back to every other night, which is great because the Careprost lasts longer!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Beach_Bum!

I'm confused because you said when you first started using Latisse, you had to scale back to every other day. But you then said that the Careprost lasts longer. Did you mean Careprost when you said Latisse or just that Careprost lasts longer than Latisse?

Also, did you start out with really short lashes when starting Careprost? How long before you noticed a difference in length?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
With Careprost (which I now use every other night) my lashes are longer but also darker and naturally curly. The texture is a bit 'crispy.' Weird but nice.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Softskin, when I used RapidLash, it also curled my lashes after a few weeks. I wasn't expecting that. Good to hear that Careprost does the same thing. Odd about the crispy lashes though. Confused
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to keep bumping this thread up all day, but I just thought about another question about Careprost I had forgotten to ask.

Some people doing Careprost reveiws commented that their skin darkened where the product was applied. My question is...Why would this bother most women when we normally apply liner there anyway? Believe me, I HOPE this happens to me! Very Happy
Beach_bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sandooch. When I first started using Latisse I had really short lashes. I really noticed a difference at about 4-6 weeks. By 3 months they were really long and beautiful.

About 6 months into it is when I cut back to every other night and was thrilled because my bottle of Latisse lasted twice as long (around 2 months).

I used Latisse for a year, Lumigan for a year, and now use Careprost and don't notice any difference between the three products. To me, they're all "Latisse".

I haven't noticed any darkening of the skin either.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for clarifying that for me, Beach_Bum. I forgot to ask. Before starting with Latisse, were your lashes short or average?
Beach_bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
They were really short. And I had hardly any lower lashes, but now they're a perfect length. I wish I had taken pictures!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, this gives me hope that I may get my lashes to match the length of my daughter's lashes yet!

Although, tonight, after I applied my Careprost, it did sting a bit on my lid where I applied it to the base of my lashes. I hope this is something that will eventually go away and not get worse. Sad
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:03 am      Reply with quote
My results with Careprost were no better than with Rapidlash. I have nice lashes but nothing spectacular.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm trying to be realistic with Careprost and not hope for those "camel eyelashes", just the length of my daughter's lashes. It would just be nice if it gave me a little more length and fullness than RapidLash did. If not, I'll go back to RapidLash, which is slightly cheaper and doesn't burn going on.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I used Lumigan for several months and had to stop due to them being too long and unruly. It got to the point where my lashes were hitting my glasses and crossing over each other Laughing I ended up having to trim them here and there.

But my lashes are like your daughters to begin with. I guess I was just being a bit overzealous in the lash department and didn't really need Lumigan to begin with.

I have not tried Careprost, but my Mom and Sis use it on their eyebrows with great success (both were guilty of overplucking)

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I think I'll have my sister use it on her eyebrows. She swears that since she had it professionally done years ago (they did them too thin), some hairs have not grown back in. Maybe this can help her, too.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick update: I've been faithfully using Careprost each night for 3 weeks now. I know that typically they say you will results within 4-6 weeks, but I thought that since I had already been using RapidLash for over a year before that with some success before starting Careprost that maybe I'd see a little added length by now.

Unfortunately, there is no change as of yet, but I'm not giving up hope. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for those doe lashes to appear in another few weeks. Image
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Just a quick update: I've been faithfully using Careprost each night for 3 weeks now. I know that typically they say you will results within 4-6 weeks, but I thought that since I had already been using RapidLash for over a year before that with some success before starting Careprost that maybe I'd see a little added length by now.

Unfortunately, there is no change as of yet, but I'm not giving up hope. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for those doe lashes to appear in another few weeks. Image

I'm trying to remember how long it took me to notice... I feel like it was closer to 2 months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, that's around how long it took for me to see results from RapidLash. I guess I was just hoping that Careprost would just continue on feeding my eyelashes even more growth-stimulating ingredients and it wouldn't take as long since RapidLash got them off to a good start.

Always a dreamer. Razz
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
i have long lashes to begin with and i've been using Latisse for months and my lashes are outrageously long. I always get compliments. It really does work. However, for Asians that have almost non-existant lashes to begin with, they will never achieve those results like in the pic.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl, are you talking about the picture of my daughter's lashes in my first post? I was hoping that since she's related to me that maybe I have a shot at getting my lashes to look like hers with Careprost. RapidLash made them a bit longer and curled them, but in the almost year and a half I had been using it, it only got them to the length you see in my top picture (maybe a smidge longer since that picture was taken after only 12 weeks of use).

Oddly enough, after posting in my first post for today that I haven't seen any improvement yet, I got out of the shower tonight, I could have sworn that my lashes did look a tiny bit long. It may be wishful thinking. I'll know for sure in another week or so.
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 8:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |