Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Sensitive Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:12 am      Reply with quote
My skin is always red and sensitive. In hot summer and cold winter, my skin suffers. What products should I use?

I hope my skin can turn white again. I don't like red. It's so irritating and embarrassing.

Now I won't go swimming in the swimming pool as the water hurts my skin. Of course, I can't go to the beach as well. Sunshine can definitely irritate my skin.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What should I do?
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Do you have dry or oily skin Lily?

I happen to be of the dry nature and at one point, had red, sensitive skin too....I finally learned here it was my cleanser causing me the trouble and had to switch to a lower PH cleanser such as Phisoderm or Cetaphyl. Could it be your cleanser causing you issues?

Also, Emu oil is a great healing oil for red, sensitive skin.

Knowing your skin care routine would help other members making suggestions to ease your redness and sensitivity...if you wouldn't mind sharing what your routine is, that would be most helpful Smile

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your help.

My cheeks are always red, particularly in hot summer and cold winter.

In stuffy places or wet weather, my skin suffers too.

Sometimes, my cheeks are oily but sometimes are dry. I have some white pimples on my cheeks.

I think it looks oily in summer but deep under my skin, it needs water. In winter, it looks dry but if I put something too oily on my skin, it will turn red and get some pimples.

Very desperate! I would like to find the right skin care products for my skin.

Well, I won't give up! I'd try my best to solve this problem!
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 am      Reply with quote
bren21, I have just changed my skin care products.

This is my routine:

Morning & Night:
(1) Eminence Calm Skin Chamomile Cleanser
(2) Eminence Soothing Chamomile Tonique
(3) Eminence Couperose-C Serum
(4) Eminence Rosehip Whip Moisturizer

At weekends, I usually use paper masks or other calm skin masks -- hoping that they can soothe my redness.

Now I dare not go swimming because of my sensitive skin.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I hear a lot of good things about the Eminence line of products but I don't know a lot about them myself and have never used them personally.

Have you ever been to a derm in regards to your skin? To me the problems you're experiencing sound similar to Rosacea...perhaps someone who has experience with Rosacea can chime in here and give you some advice. I could be wrong on that, but that's what it sounds like to me. Hopefully someone will step up to the plate and lend a hand with your problem!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your sincere help, bren21. I believe I've got Rosacea, too. My skin condition can fluctuate greatly. In the morning, it may seem good but right after it can change badly. Very desperate.

Hope anybody who has such experience can share some good methods with me. Thanks!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I would really love to offer any advice I could give but I honestly don't know a lick about products to use for those with Rosacea. I know there are people on here that do have it and hopefully they can lend you some helpful tips to calm your skin down. It's no fun with your skin in an uproar Crying or Very sad

LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have such experience??? How do you cure the redness??? What skin care products should be used??? What should be avoided?
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I've seen the doctor and he said that recently the weather is changing rapidly. Sometimes, it's wet and sometimes it's cold. I used the heater in those cold days. This may make my weak skin more sensitive, redder and poorer. I told him my routine. He suggests that I should stop using masks too often. I may overuse the masks as I've bought many different masks. It's redundant and unnecessary. I'm too greedy. Overusing masks does no good to my skin. He told me my skin is rather thin. He gave me some lotions and medicine. I must use sunscreen products and sunshine should be avoided. Hope I'll soon recover.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
It does sound like you have Rosacea. I have sensitive skin and rosacea so I appreciate what you are "facing". Smile
I use Purpose wash by Johnson and Johnson and I am now on Finacea. Seems that starting back on Retin-A brought it back to full blooom!
It is always been a struggle. I love Phyto-C (used to be IS Clinical) Proheal serum, a great one for rosacea-proned skin. I follow that by Hydra Cool and also Cerave. Decleor has a good Harmonie line that my skin does like as well.
Sun triggers it as well so a good sunscreen is important.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:41 am      Reply with quote
my skin almost same as you, I use Eminence stone crop serum at night and Vanila Suncreen in the morning, it is much better now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your suggestions. It is a headache if you've got Rosacea because it can't be totally cured. It'll come back in spring, summer, autumn and winter. But I find that I don't like to stay in hot or stuffy places. Too wet is not a good environment to me.

It's quite inconvenient and embarrassing. Though I like swimming, I can't go now with my friends. The water will make my skin even worse. I think all people would like to possess beautiful skin. To me, it is quite challenging and difficult. It's just a dream.

In my previous message, I mentioned that I have changed my skin products. I've used Eminence Chamomile Cleanser for several weeks. It's quite fine. I'll keep using it. Hope it will soothe me.

Thank you, Annie R. Later, I'll try Phyto-C Proheal serum. Hope it does suit me.

To me, choosing the right skin products is another challenging and tiring job.

Once again, hope everyone who is like me will recover soon.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |