Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what is a good diet to stay looking young?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftsEndz
5% products discount

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am 26 going on 27 and want to start to eat healthy. Can someone tell me a good diet that consists of protein so I can stay looking youthful?? Or is it too late at my age?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Basicly eat a variety of foods, including lots of fruits and vegetables. Eat locally as much as possible. Here's a link to a good guide to a balanced diet. You don't necessairly have to go gluten free.

http://www.bewellbydrfranklipman.com/lifestyle/daily-living/eating-plan.html#fruits

You could also look into the Ayurvedic diet where you determine your dosha and then eat foods that balance your dosha. Here's a link to more information on that:

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/2/a/ayurveda.htm

You may also want to read this thread on the forum:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44869&start=0
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Too late! Many people do not start addressing things like diet until they hit their 30's. No it's not too late.

The biggest anti-aging thing you can do for your skin is:

Give up sugar. If you need something sweet there is a herb called stevia which has ten times the sweetness of sugar and does no damage to the body. You might want to get the modified version where they have taken off the bitter taste at the end though. Some people don't mind it but I am not too keen on it. Other than that there is Xylitol which is a sweetener traditionally used for diabetics but as far as I am aware it is perfectly fine for anyone to use with no negative side effects.

Eat the rainbow. Try and eat as many different coloured vegetables as you can every day.

Eat fresh food. Frozen food simply does not have the same nutritional content as fresh.

Eat organically. Remember that an organic lemon is a normal lemon Smile

You are right, protein is important also. When you snack always make sure it is either on vegetables or fruit and always accompanied by protein. Nuts and seeds are great to snack on and they are excellent for your skin. Basically whenever you eat make sure there is protein in the food.

A protein shake where the whey protein comes from grass fed cows with raw milk or coconut milk is an excellent breakfast.

Your main meal should be composed of at least three non-starchy vegetables, one portion of starchy vegetable (e.g. sweet potatoes/ swede/ parsnips/ butternut squash/ beetroot and a piece of meat/fish.

I should probably say that the guide I have given you is a good basis to start from. I have been following it for four years and I am often told I have beautiful skin and have a good figure.

I think on the whole it is universally agreed that giving up sugar, eating organically and fresh is great for your skin and health. I personally do not eat grains but everyone will have their different opinions on what you should or should not be eating for optimal health. There will be some who will argue that food should aways be raw, some that will say you should not eat any starches at all, some: no meat, and some people will tell you to eat according to your blood type, metabolic type or nutritional type. At the end of the day listen to your body and you will find out what is right for you.

If something is making you feel bloated/ lethargic/ sick etc. I recommend having an allergy/intolerance test done but be wary of these as I am sure you have heard some of them are not accurate. If you can get a recommendation of a good nutritional therapist/ nutritionist practitioner then that can be really helpful.

Anyway hope this helps Smile
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Moon as it is not too late to take care of your health. I just knew that sugar is not bad to our bodies. I like cheesecake, ice-cream and potato chips very much. In order to maintain a healthy body, I don't mind giving up all this food. Sometimes we need to sacrifice and give up something, right?
dwyane

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Eat fruits and vegetables. As Moon said, Give up sugar. And exercise is important.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I agree with everyone. I follow the same eating plan as moon does and I feel great. You are at a great age. Everything you do now, whether it is eating right, wearing sunscreen, saving money for retirement, will pay off for you when you get older. The years will fly by and as the saying goes pay now or pay later in regards to eating well.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
most people in north america eat like crap not knowing any better due to how media sells products. Avoid the big named companies like kraft foods. By hormone free meats. Buy organic. Drink plenty of water. Educate yourself. Food Inc. is a good documentary to watch

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:27 am      Reply with quote
My friend so ever eloquently said this the other day, "the longer the shelf life of a product, the shorter your life."
I concur with what the others have said on here. Eating a balanced meal, avoid processed sugar (or processed food in general), drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, and exercise. I would also add try to live a stressful lifestyle -- I know this one is a hard one.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:46 am      Reply with quote
^ yes, stress is one of the ultimate factors of aging. That is why excersise is so crucial because it releases endorphines that makes you happier and eleviates some stress

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
OOPS! I meant to write "stress free lifestyle" *blushes*
Thanks BCGIRL for not being confused Smile
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Eat more vegetables and fruit. Eat less meat. Don't have snacks, junk food and oily food.

You should do exercise every day. Don't make any excuses -- I'm too busy today...I'll do it tomorrow. Then, you'll never succeed.

To keep a good habit takes time and needs determination. Be patient! I believe you'll own a healthy body!
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
One more thing, my mom's skin is much more beautiful than me. I'm not sure why... Perhaps, it's because she eats only vegetables and fruit. She never touches snack food or soft drinks. She is physically healthy. Quite fit. In fact, she is mentally healthy, too. She thinks positive and is very optimistic. She is not materialistic. She keeps happy every day. She has got a good temper. she does moderate exercise every day. She doesn't stay at home all day. She likes walking around and swimming, too. That's why she looks youthful and cheerful!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 am      Reply with quote
First and foremost its NEVER TOO LATE to start eating healthily, but of course it depends where your starting from. First and foremost I would always suggest (as I do to others) to get bloodwork done to see what your body is actually deficient in vitamin and mineral wise. Your asking someone to tell you a good diet that consists of protein so you can stay looking youthful, well its important to recognise a good diet isn’t just protein, but a mixed and varied one that doesn’t over challenge the body and really nourishes it. Protein is often hyped up and it is necessary for our bodies, but protein is in essence amino acids and by far the more superior sources of these are vegetables, particularly sea vegetables. So I would include those in my day to day diet. Things like hemp or chia seeds are not only protein packed but also packed with other goodies necessary for our bodies on a day to day level.

Sugar is of course a major no no for anyone, young or old because of the chemical processes that are triggered in the body by its consumption.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I noticed that after I gave up all canned food and all fast food and also meat ( I still eat seafood and chicken), my migraines stopped completely and my skin is so much better that I use less moisturisers and less skin care products in general.
I used to have horrible migraines to the point of throwing up ( sorry...) and pain that is not going away with any non prescription stuff. But after eating food that had been prepared freshly and no beef- pork - I feel great! no migraines in last 7 years!
Then I went further and eliminated sugar. At first it took some time to get used to tea without sugar. I put less and less and then got adjusted to no sugar in tea. Then I started to use silk milk made with stevia instead of regular milk in coffee. Slowly I switched to no sugar and feel great.
Also have to say I do not drink any sodas.
I noticed that my skin is better when I do not eat white bread, and less carbs in general.
When I was getting ready for pageant I ate protein shake in the morning ( Isolate protein, no sugar, no fat), strawberries, oranges and apples. Lunch - grilled salmon and salad - lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, regular onions, lemon, parsley.
Mid lunch - apple
before dinner - orange
dinner - chicken and lots of steamed veggies.
strawberries as desert
and the main thing - always take your multivitamins.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |