Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Starlite or Lightstim for wrinkles??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am researching LED's for wrinkles trying to figure out what to buy...the most effective one! According to everything I have read on this site, I am interested in the lightstim as far as the LED's are concerned. I have also been reading about Starlite, but was unable to find much information on this forum. Has anyone tried it? if so what were your results?
Basically, I would like to know which one would be more effective for wrinkles?
TIA for any suggestions Smile
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Does the Starlite have FDA clearance? If so you could compare the results of the clinical trials that they submitted against those of the LightStim. Have you compared the two by light wavelength, power, recommended regimen? There are a ton of independent published studies on LED therapy linked to from the LightStim site, you might check that the Starlite fits in with this research.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Firefox for the suggestions... I will do more research now that I know what to look for!
the cat

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
the starlite does have the fda clearance and from what i saw on the website under science it really does seem to have alot of power.

they even have some pictures and some technical images on the bottom of that page that show their thing has over 130millwatts of power in the red and the lightstim has something like under 20 milliwatts.

so the starlite might be better if they have what they say they have.

they say for lightstim to use it every day i guess forever like the tanda devices while the starlite has the same 2 times a week for 4 weeks deal that i had at my derm office with the big led panels.

one thing is the reviews on the lightstim are not very good on qvc --- plus for me i don't want the cord in the wall and the big funky showerhead look.

at least the starlite is rechargeable and it looks alot more portable
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
the cat wrote:
the starlite does have the fda clearance and from what i saw on the website under science it really does seem to have alot of power.

they even have some pictures and some technical images on the bottom of that page that show their thing has over 130millwatts of power in the red and the lightstim has something like under 20 milliwatts.

so the starlite might be better if they have what they say they have.

they say for lightstim to use it every day i guess forever like the tanda devices while the starlite has the same 2 times a week for 4 weeks deal that i had at my derm office with the big led panels.

one thing is the reviews on the lightstim are not very good on qvc --- plus for me i don't want the cord in the wall and the big funky showerhead look.

at least the starlite is rechargeable and it looks alot more portable

I just got a LightStim a few days ago and it is quite portable IMO, I purchased after being on the forum here for 2 1/2 years and I must say it does get great reviews here.
Does the Starlight not need to plug in?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Again, the implication that the QVC reviews are poor is totally false.

How much power can it really have if you don't have to plug it in? I don't see why people care about that; it's not like you will be using it in the car. I can't think of another place I would possibly use it where an outlet wouldn't be available within an extension cord's reach.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Again, the implication that the QVC reviews are poor is totally false.

How much power can it really have if you don't have to plug it in? I don't see why people care about that; it's not like you will be using it in the car. I can't think of another place I would possibly use it where an outlet wouldn't be available within an extension cord's reach.

Also the comparison to a shower head is a bit far fetched, I feel it is a perfect size.

I know one of our members spent an extended time on her and hubby's boat and had no issue taking it along for use!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |