Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Moisture Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SJP116

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Sorry is this has already been covered extensively! I have blemish prone but dry skin and wondered if anyone had a good recipe for a moisturizing mask? Preferably something simple! Thanks for your help!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried yoghurt, honey and oatmeal? Just a tablespoon of yoghurt (pref. full fat, organic), teaspoon honey, teaspoon oatmeal, mix and let rest for 10 min. before you use it (so the good stuff in the oatmeal gets time to dissolve in the yoghurt).
The lactic acid and the good fats in the yoghurt are moisturizing, honey is anti inflammatory and soothing, and oats are great for dry and sensitive skin for lots of reasons. Leave on for about 15 min., rinse off with lukewarm water.
SJP116

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Sounds perfect! Thank you, I'll try that tonight! Smile

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Worked a treat! Thank you! Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:30 am      Reply with quote
I tried this DIY mask and i must say it works....its very effective.My skin was extremely dry, the moisturisers i used showed only shot time effect but since few weekis i am applying this mask and my skin has become very smooth and glowy.
lawmom
5% products discount

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Love the recipe...thank you!
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE yogurt & honey masks! I do a similar one, but instead of oatmeal I thicken it with nutritional yeast. The yeast smells kind of gross, but brings tons of b-vitamins (great for breakouts), amino acids & trace minerals to the table. You can also add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to up the exfoliation ante if needed.

Table honey is good, but Manuka honey is truly incredible stuff for antibacterial & skin-healing purposes. I even like to dab it on pimples straight, really helps to shrink things up & cuts down on healing time & severity of post-acne marks.
SJP116

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the Manuka honey tip! I has been working wonders! Even getting rid of old acne scaring and red marks!!!! Smile

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to try this tonight! For the future, how often should I do this mask? I have breakouts almost nonstop and very dry skin.
SJP116

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I use this now morning and night instead of washing my face, its awesome and has totally changed my life!

Buy Manuka honey (its expensive but really worth it) and mix it with jojoba oil. I use about 2/3 honey to 1/3 jojoba oil. Then I add a generous helping of tea tree oil. Sorry the amounts are a tad vague but I've had to play with it a bit to get a mixture that suits my preference. Generally people mix honey and oil half and half but I found the consistency too oily. And you don't want so much tea tree that it irritates your skin. A little goes a long way! I use a small little mixer I have for milkshakes to really get it mixed together well. I leave it on anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours! I also use it to wash my face when I'm in a hurry. My skin looks so much better! I cannot tell you how much I love this! Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Manuka honey (or natural honey) mixed with lemon and/or orange juice? This mask is great for blemish skin, very hydrating.... About 3Tbp of lemon/orange and maybe 1/4cup honey or just enough to make a paste. Put on your face for 30mins and then rince with warm water...
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and used to get the occasional blemish until I started using the oil cleansing method - castor and olive oils. I mixed half and half and added a slug of tea tree oil. I use it instead of cleanser at night.

Never tried honey, although I had heard of using it. I'm trying to live 100% vegan now (that is HARD) so I don't guess I'll be trying that any time soon. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Immacolata Smile Since you are vegan, I will recommend that you try Avocado and Jojoba oil (or olive oil). Get half of the riped avocado mixed with 1TBSP of jojoba oil (or Olive oil) and make it into a paste. Leave for 30mins on the face and rinse with warm water. Followed by your favorite moisturizer. This mask is excellent for dry skin and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth....
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm - I might try that. I eat A LOT of avocados - at least one every day and usually two or more. Might as well smear some on my skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't usually like masks, but I've started using avocado mixed with citric acid and a little lecithin after I tried it once and it did wonders. I remember reading somewhere that avocado sugars are good for skin, too.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Not only Avocado good for the skin, but also good for the hair too! And I love to eat avocado smoothies! Smile
Chlorophyll wrote:
I don't usually like masks, but I've started using avocado mixed with citric acid and a little lecithin after I tried it once and it did wonders. I remember reading somewhere that avocado sugars are good for skin, too.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |