Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Callan Pinckney passed away :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who remember Callanetics creator, Callan Pinckney, I just found out that she passed away on March 1, 2012. I believe she was 72 years old. I did not find out how she passed.

I have been a Callanetics fan on and off (on for the last 3 weeks now) for 25 years. This news very much saddens me. She was so far ahead of her time years ago and helped so many people. She will be missed by many.

Rest in peace, Callan. Or, as I just read from another admirer: Rest in peach Crying or Very sad
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness. I am sad. I wonder what happened to this vibrant, healthy woman.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I am with Sis. So very sad....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
She was in my thoughts all the while I was doing my Callanetics Evolution this morning. Even though she does not instruct in this newer workout, she was involved in the making of it, making sure that each exercise was up to her standards.

Still in shock over this. I pray she went peacefully.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
sandooch - thanks for letting us know. Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
This is so sad. Thanks Sandy for letting us know. I have only ever done Callanetics as an exercise program and not a day goes by that I don't have images of Callan in my mind. She leaves behind a wonderful legacy.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh that is so sad!! Sad She is now with Anna Benson of the Firm. Two great women who changed million of womens lives.

I do callanetics along with my other programs. It is so relaxing. I thank her for creating that program that has benefitted so many.

She lived such an interesting life. Rest in peace.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I had no idea that Anna had also passes away, and she was so young. I used to do The Firm years ago before an injury, which prevented me from lifting more than 10 pounds at a time with my left arm, led me back to Callenetics. It was a great workout though. I built some serious muscle with it.

Very sad. Crying or Very sad
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I remember Callanetics from back in the day. Wow.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Sad news & still a pretty young age. Sad Callanetics works. What better legacy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
This T Tapp workout is kinda similar I think:
http://t-tapp.com/
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sort of, but you do get the same type of long, lean muscles with each workout.

I did T-Tapp for 9 months back in 2005 and got into really nice shape with it. T-Tapp uses your own body for resistance, same as Callanetics. But you do way fewer reps per exercise, the movements are much faster and you are usually working at least 6 different muscle groups at the same time (lots to remember).

I do like alternating between the two workouts for variety and find that even while doing my Callanetics Evolution workout, I stand in T-Tapp stance. Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |