Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

soy isoflavones - anyone have good results?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
That does look really nice though. How long have you been using it?

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I've been using this product for a few days:
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 11:07 am      Reply with quote
oops

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
DrJ's comment on it was that 60 mg of liposomal soy isoflavones was overkill...but I would think too much, in this case, may not be detrimental?

Last night, I did end up mixing it with my topical progesterone, making a 50/50 split as an experiment.

BFG
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 11:17 am      Reply with quote
DragoN, I was trying find the lipobelle actives they have several couple of years ago but no luck; are you planning to have em on your website?! Also, I apologizes in advance as this is not related to the topic of this thread, but what do you think of that functional keratin from some australian wool? I think lipobelle company makes that too... Thanks
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Lipbelle?
That would be like sleeping with the enemy.

daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 11:31 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Lipbelle?
That would be like sleeping with the enemy.

lol... I guess i misunderstood your post where you mentioned lipobelle soy isoflavones...
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
DrJ's comment on it was that 60 mg of liposomal soy isoflavones was overkill...but I would think too much, in this case, may not be detrimental?

He's right. Huge overkill. I don't believe they read the pdf correctly, because had they...that would not be the numbers. Wink not by a long shot

After a certain point...you get cellular death. So..it's pretty funny to see that being used as a selling point. But what do I know?

egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if I could add soy isoflavones to a DIY spritz? I'm wanting it for soothing/lightening/collagen stimulating properties and soy is good for my rosacea. I'm specifically talking about the 40% soy isoflavones from bulkactives. It says it's water soluble. But then people say it stinks. Confused I've seen the 98% genistein on sea, but I'm not sure that would have the same lightening/soothing properties. (From what I've read, it seems genistein is more just for collagen stimulating?)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Does anyone know if I could add soy isoflavones to a DIY spritz? I'm wanting it for soothing/lightening/collagen stimulating properties and soy is good for my rosacea. I'm specifically talking about the 40% soy isoflavones from bulkactives. It says it's water soluble. But then people say it stinks. Confused I've seen the 98% genistein on sea, but I'm not sure that would have the same lightening/soothing properties. (From what I've read, it seems genistein is more just for collagen stimulating?)

Can you tolerate some calming essential oils to cover the smell?

You would just need to shake your spritz before each use!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:

Here are some links for EO's that are great for rosacea:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/89763-essential-oils-rosacea/

http://www.naturalnews.com/030424_rosacea_essential_oils.html

http://www.highonhealth.org/how-to-cure-rosacea-naturally-by-using-essential-oils/

Evan Healy sells pre-made products but you can see what he uses for rosacea.

http://www.evanhealy.com/home/skin_conditions/cond1

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM! Does it really stink that bad? Shock lol. I think I could add chamomile essential oil..Confused Chamomile is great for my rosacea, I don't know if it would be enough! Would I need an emulsifier then? (I was planning on getting some lecithin anyhow!)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thanks DM! Does it really stink that bad? Shock lol. I think I could add chamomile essential oil..Confused Chamomile is great for my rosacea, I don't know if it would be enough! Would I need an emulsifier then? (I was planning on getting some lecithin anyhow!)

I don't use soy estrogenic effects (I am very cautious) so I can't speak to how it smells personally, just have read it smells bad! Laughing

You can add an emulsifier or just a little vodka and the EO's will incorporate beautifully! Chamomile is excellent for calming skin!

The lecithin might cause clogging depending on how much you were to add?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Really? I didn't know lecithin could cause breakouts. Shock Alcohol is something I am confused about. I think I read Paula Begoun and others say it can cause cell death and it's very bad for skin. So I'm always really confused when I see people use it in DIY. I don't understand how it's safe to use. Confused I'm even nervous to use alcohol to disinfect my bottles lol!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Really? I didn't know lecithin could cause breakouts. Shock Alcohol is something I am confused about. I think I read Paula Begoun and others say it can cause cell death and it's very bad for skin. So I'm always really confused when I see people use it in DIY. I don't understand how it's safe to use. Confused I'm even nervous to use alcohol to disinfect my bottles lol!

I use lecithin at about 5% and I am fine, no breakouts but then again I almost never get breakout... alcohol should be fine at lower % like around 5% or so, I have it in my DIY at about 5%, but use pure alcohol and not denatured, like a 96% drinking alcohol, I use the brand Spirytus Wesoly... in fact many organic skincare products contain approx 15% alcohol as a preservative... I have used DIY with and without alcohol and I prefer it with alcohol as it helps dissolve actives and improves the texture of the product as well....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:

I meant clog the nozzle of your sprayer, sorry!

I would just use the shake before use method to disperse the EO's rather than risk any alcohol if it concerns you! Smile

Now using it to disinfect bottles it drys off and does not leave a trace! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Thank you daler! I'm still nervous about using alcohol though. It's so bad for skin, but even Kassy even uses vodka to dissolve the Ferulic in her C serums! I'm so confused! hmm

DarkMoon wrote:
I meant clog the nozzle of your sprayer, sorry!

I would just use the shake before use method to disperse the EO's rather than risk any alcohol if it concerns you! Smile

Now using it to disinfect bottles it drys off and does not leave a trace! Laughing

Oh lol! Ok. I know there are other emulsifiers, like polysorbate 80 which many seem to use. hmm

How do people use soy isoflavones in DIY if it stinks? Just by scenting it? I'm not sure the 98% Genistein would have the same lightening/soothing properties of a lesser isoflavone content soy. Currently reading and researching my arse off lol. Shock
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:

Genistein is the primary active component in soy isoflavones which is known for its ability to weakly bind estrogen receptors.

Lipobelle Soyaglycone is a phytohormone preparation based on isoflavones from soy with a high concentration of pure Genistein.
Lipobelle Soyaglycone contains pure soy isoflavones (INCI) in the physiologically active forms (called aglycones). For delivery into deeper viable skin layers (the dermis), the isoflavones have been incorporated into a liposomal preparation. In the dermis, the isoflavones boost collagen production, which leads to increased skin density and improved skin firmness and elasticity.
http://cosmeticbaz.tripod.com/soya.htm

So it just depends on which you can get your hands on. You can make liposomes of most anything so you wouldnt necessarily need to buy the higher priced ingredient.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, how do you make liposomes in, say, a kitchen?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Fawnie, how do you make liposomes in, say, a kitchen?

Or right on this forum, more on the thread linked:

DIY ***Liposome*** Actives!!!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32624

ScotsLass wrote:
For those seeking DIY liposome-actives I have sourced two very popular anti-aging ingredients that support this popular technology - Coenzyme-10 & Lacto-Ceramide. I have not tired these particular liposome-actives personally, but hope other DIY formulators will be inspired to give them a try! (Kassy I had you in mind here, girl!!!! Very Happy ).

The company selling these actives is called Making Cosmetics -www.makingcosmetics.com/Actives-Cosmeceuticals/Liposomes-c9/

These actives are not cheap by any means and this is because you need so little of them in a formulation, so a small amount goes a long way.

If anyone knows of any other online e-tailer that sells liposome-actives, please post your source(s) in this thread!!!

Here is a very brief excerpt regarding "liposomes" and why they are so desirable.

"Liposomes are nano-sized liposome particles resembling biomembranes and have a very high affinity for the skin. They can easily penetrate through the hard horny layer of the skin. Based on this feature, active ingredients can be incorporated into liposomes to enhance their absorption by the skin and thus their efficacy. In fact, liposome-encapsulation largely reduces the amount of the active ingredient required for effectiveness as compared to non-encapsulated, pure active ingredients."

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
axshully no.

Liposomes are v fragile creatures and would not last long pre-made and packaged.

You need to make them yourself incorporating the actives into them as you go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:10 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
egyptiangoddess wrote:

Genistein is the primary active component in soy isoflavones which is known for its ability to weakly bind estrogen receptors.

Lipobelle Soyaglycone is a phytohormone preparation based on isoflavones from soy with a high concentration of pure Genistein.
Lipobelle Soyaglycone contains pure soy isoflavones (INCI) in the physiologically active forms (called aglycones). For delivery into deeper viable skin layers (the dermis), the isoflavones have been incorporated into a liposomal preparation. In the dermis, the isoflavones boost collagen production, which leads to increased skin density and improved skin firmness and elasticity.
http://cosmeticbaz.tripod.com/soya.htm

So it just depends on which you can get your hands on. You can make liposomes of most anything so you wouldn't necessarily need to buy the higher priced ingredient.

Thank you fawnie! Smile I am aware of what Genistein does, but what I am after with the soy is a lightening, soothing AND collagen stimulating effect. (Rather than just the collagen stimulating effect of Genistein.) Unless I am mistaken and the Genistein also lightens/soothes. But I'm thinking it doesn't and I'd be better off with the 40% soy isoflavones for the benefits I'm after. hmm But people say it stinks. I'd really like to add soy isoflavones to my DIY antioxidant spritz. Do you think that would work fawnie?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to use a liposomal soy formulation, so I purchased this one instead of tinkering with DIY:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SN165/ItemDetail

BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
About clogged nozzles: I am still sometimes getting this with my serums and perfumes.

How best to unclog a nozzle? I was thinking of keeping one spray bottle of plain grain alcohol and using that to clear out my nozzles?

BFG
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
About clogged nozzles: I am still sometimes getting this with my serums and perfumes.

How best to unclog a nozzle? I was thinking of keeping one spray bottle of plain grain alcohol and using that to clear out my nozzles?

BFG

Thats a great idea, I just run clogged nozzles under hot water, seems to work fine!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |