Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone reversed fine lines on their face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all!

I have some fine lines on my face from sun damage and I was wondering if anyone has reversed fine lines? I do face exercises 3x's and use a 40% lactic peel once a wk. Any gadgets that could be recommended? Thanks.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
When it comes to gadgets my biggest improvements have come from using the Tripollar STOP in fact I'm on another cycle using it for fifteen minutes after using the Lightstim. The STOP tightens the skin, which is where the ability to smooth fine lines must come from. There is an entire thread devoted to the STOP with some members having experienced no results and a couple adverse results, so it really depends on your type of skin, mine seems to love it.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
When it comes to gadgets my biggest improvements have come from using the Tripollar STOP in fact I'm on another cycle using it for fifteen minutes after using the Lightstim. The STOP tightens the skin, which is where the ability to smooth fine lines must come from. There is an entire thread devoted to the STOP with some members having experienced no results and a couple adverse results, so it really depends on your type of skin, mine seems to love it.

Thank you echoecho!
kellywayne

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I am on of the lucky person who could do that, in fact this is the only good thing that has happened to me since one year. I used microdermabrasion machine to get it done. Earlier I used to try many things like cream and tomato peels that didn't help. Now I just believe in one machine which is best.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-A has nearly completely erased the fine, crows feet lines that I have (had) around my eyes.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Yes.. when I see a wrinkle i put an all out attack on it..I have gotten rid of them all.

you need to start exfoliating your skin the way of chemical peels, or topicals, or laser treatments.

you then must use some great serums and anti aging agents... you must choose what you want to use..or use a combination read the threads to research but here are some; retin a, copper peptides, tca peels, glycolic peels,

sunscreen... I find using a 30 or + sunscreen actually helps my skin heal itself and protects from further aging.

oh yeah..and botox is a biggie..it can work to stop reptitive movement preventing wrinkles..or allowing your face to rest as you do the above and go away even quicker. good luck.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I think that some EDS members have had success with using facial exercises to reduce fine lines.
frognkisses
5% products discount

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I do facial exercises, tanaka, lightstim, all of which I really like and wouldn't do without. But I do think that using my microdermabrasion gadget has worked really well for fine lines. I also just started using carrot seed oil from Shea Terra Organics and it seems to be lessening my small naso-labial lines. The lightstim also lessened the fine lines I was getting on the sides of my cheeks which are entirely gone now. I have used the lightstim for about 15 months. I could see the difference almost immediately though with the lightstim. The microdermabrasion also signifigantly reduced my enlarged pores by more than half after just the first two sessions.
Vitamin C serum helps signifigantly as well. Ten years ago it would eliminate my naso-labial lines within a month, but then I would quit using it! Now I'm closer to 50 and well I guess I'll just be thankful for what I have!
Juice Beauty's Stem Cellular Repair line has worked well for me also.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes - I had a lot of them and reversed them with copper peptide creams and AHA.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:51 am      Reply with quote
ive had fine nasolabial lines since I was 27 and got braces (!)..

ive tried retin-a, microdermabrasion, other anti-ageing topicals, and while they definitely softened my lines, the thing thats really helped the most is buying a silk pillow. I hardly notice the lines when I look in the mirror, and they are barely there now...

something to try for wrinkles!

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 am      Reply with quote
But doesn't microdermabrasion just take off the top layer and sand the surface down to look smooth? So that you must keep doing it regularly to sand the lines back when they appear again?

I am a bit weary about microdermabrasion I must say. Keep getting the term 'Hayflick limit' in the back of my head when I read about it.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your responses! I have used copper peptides, retinols, serums, face exercises etc...I am now using rosehip seed, coconut, grapeseed, and avocado oils hoping they will help. Out of curiosity, for those of you who have used a microdermabrasion machine...which one have you used? Thanks.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Out of curiosity, for those of you who have used a microdermabrasion machine...which one have you used? Thanks.

I think most people are using the PDM. I have one but have only used it 2 times. I'm just doing too many other things to my face right now to be able to work it in to my schedule.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45435

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
But doesn't microdermabrasion just take off the top layer and sand the surface down to look smooth? So that you must keep doing it regularly to sand the lines back when they appear again?

I am a bit weary about microdermabrasion I must say. Keep getting the term 'Hayflick limit' in the back of my head when I read about it.

Lotusesther microdermabrasion is just physical exfoliation. Some people prefer chemical exfoliaton using glycolics/peels. In both cases, the idea is to remove dead cells from the surface of the skin and hence dullness this can cause. By removed dead cells, you also help prevent clogging of pores and can help minimize pores because pores appear enlarged when clogged with oil, dirt and dead cells. Exfoliation also helps with skin renewing as it triggers the body's "healing mechanism". So not only do you get newer fresher looking skin but you can also help with discoloration as new skin comes to the surface.

So yes, you will need to do this again to keep skin looking good. When we are young, skin renewing happens faster and so we always look good. But as we get older, our skin does need a little help. The old skin cells still slough off but everything is so slow, hence the reason exfoliation is such a big hit among anti-aging remedies.

That said, I personally found that if I did a physical exfoliation like microdermabrasion, while my skin looked good soon after, I'd seem to need to do it again in a few days or my skin would look horrible. It was as if I was creating a monster that just HAD TO HAVE exfoliaton. I now just use my face cloth when I wash my face and I feel better about my skin now.

As far as fine lines are concerned, I used to see them more on my skin when I used water-based lotions. My skin would look great on application but in a few hours, it'd have a grayish hue and you could see fine lines. All this changed when I started using the oil cleansing method and stop using water-based moisturizers on my face.
Noddy

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that facial exercice will only make the conditions worse : it make the muscles tighter so the skin appears stretched but it's actually getting damaged. I would advise you to incorporate the traditional goodies to your routine though : Retin-A/Tazorac, a vit c serum, regular exfoliation, sunblock... ;)Also recently I've been trying out the dermaroller =)
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Noddy wrote:
I have heard that facial exercice will only make the conditions worse : it make the muscles tighter so the skin appears stretched but it's actually getting damaged. I would advise you to incorporate the traditional goodies to your routine though : Retin-A/Tazorac, a vit c serum, regular exfoliation, sunblock... ;)Also recently I've been trying out the dermaroller =)

Noddy whoever told you that face exercises will make "fine lines" worse, lied...or is trying to sell you something else. There are many people who have been doing face exercises for years (I myself have done them for over 20 years!) and that face exercise make the skin worse has not been the evidence seen in those who do face exercises.

Take Eva Fraser for example. She's in her 80's and has done face exercises since her 50's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcyRLKq3aZg

Then there's Carolyn Cleaves who also started face exercises in her 50's and is now in her 60's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDJ_ud7Los

Then there's Deborah Crowley who started face exercises in her 20's and is now in her 60's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3VpSOeJPc

Cynthia Rowland is also a veteran of face exercises and is over 50 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0s-tybpif4

Loulou Annette is another veteran of face exercises whom I think is in her 40's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvMeTRvqurE

Rose Tran is another testament to the fact that face exercises do not make your skin worse with lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M00A1__KWpE

Tom Hagerty has also been doing face exercises for years and is in his 70's in the photo below:

I recently posted in another discussion the photo of Elinor Glyn who wrote books on face exercises in the 1920's and if the date on this photo is correct, you can see how lovely she looked at 64:

A lot of people who do face exercises find that doing they help improve not just the tone of their facial muscles thus lifting up sag but also the condition of their skin.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
FYI - I believe Lou Lou is 52. I could be wrong.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I see,actually I got this info from Dr Schultz (dermtvdotcom on youtube) who I trully trust, but still I cant deny that you have a point...
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Noddy wrote:
I see,actually I got this info from Dr Schultz (dermtvdotcom on youtube) who I trully trust, but still I cant deny that you have a point...

Noddy I do like some of Dr Schultz' videos on Youtube and have even posted links to them. Nevertheless, you will find that many doctors who offer cosmetics procedures, like Dr Schultz (http://www.nealschultzmd.com/procedures) do not care for face exercises and tend to discourage people from doing them w/o taking the time to understand how they work or even to understand why some may not work. They just dismiss them as bad for you when there's a lot of evidence to the contrary. And who can blame them? I mean, if people found out that they could prevent forehead lines, crows' feet, etc like a lot of us have done with exercise and not have to resort to Botox or other cosmetic procedures, then they would lose a chunk of their clients and hence a lot of dough.

Face exercises are why I can raise my eyebrows and not have deep furrow lines because of the good tone of the muscles of my forehead (Photo below taken at the age of 38 after about 18 years of face exercises):

Face exercises are also why I am able to be expressive and can frown hard and then when I stop have a very smooth forehead due to good elasticity (Photo below taken at age of 42 after about 22 years of face exercises):

And here's a photo of what my forehead looks like when I'm not making faces LOL:

jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Noddy: Well, if we don't do these facial exercises (or any exercises for that matter), the more our skin will lack elasticity, muscles are weak causing sagging of the skin. In addition, I would suggest to include those anti-aging creams/serums/gadgets in the mix because it helps the outer epidermis with signs of aging by removing dead skin cells, revealing new skin cells --- giving you the youthful look and making your skin the best it can be....

Noddy wrote:
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, with CPs, peels, daily sunscreen and diet. I did face exercises for a while with a gadget called the Tua Trend but have found skincare to be more effective at this point. FE is more for sagging and loss of volume.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:16 am      Reply with quote
(In my opinion) As we age, it takes much more effort to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles... I find good skin-care products help but also adapting a balanced diet and regular exercise are also equally important.....
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm happy with using Retin A for the last 3 years. I believe it hasboth stopped the progression and also improved my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |