Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

youthful hands....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
laleebee
5% products discount

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to share this...
I've shopped on this site before, but this is my first post. I live in Santa Monica CA and my local beauty shop is a place called Number One Beauty. They started carrying a product called Cure Natural Aqua Gel from Japan. It's an exfoliator that works marvelously on your face. Literally rolls the dead skin cells off without any irritation....but here's what I have discovered. I use a product from Whole Foods called Egyptian Magic Cream. For the past few weeks, I have exoliated my hands with Cure, then slathered on the Egyptian Magic. When I wake up my hands are LITERALLY not mine. They look and feel so soft, and the lines, particularly around the knuckles have reduced dramatically. I am not a spammer or a seller of either of these products fyi. Just someone whose had a revelation and wanted to share. Hands and neck have always been huge challenges for me. Next I am going to try the same strategy on my neck with Cure and Egyptian Magic. Will report back then to anyone who cares. Egyptian Magic you can buy at whole foods and Cure Natural Aqua is online at Amazon or in the Santa Monica store I mentioned for those in the area.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Egyptian Magic is a lovely hydrating cream. Emily Blunt and Kate Hudson are both professed fans. For myself, I use the products that I use on my face on my hands too- any left-overs get used up on them. Vit. C and sunscreen I use everyday on my hands.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing! It seems we spend so much time on our face that we tend to forget the dear old hands, which much to our dismay look 20 years older than our faces! Laughing
I've been going through that lately...thinking I'd better start taking care of the mitts!

Will definitely check in to this!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this information. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how well these creams do on your neck.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 am      Reply with quote
The Cure Aqua Gel is very popular and used by many in Japan and other asian countries. Many people say it's the best on the market!
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Btw, if anyone knows where I can get the Cure Aqua Gel anywhere in the GTA, please let me know! Greatly appreciate it! I've been trying to find it but to no avail. And I hate ordering stuff from ebay and amazon.
laleebee
5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I really didn't know Egyptian Magic was such a well known product. On their website it even says Madonna uses it...

So I went through the first round using Cure Natural Aqua Gel on my neck. I wish I could post pictures....I can't tell you how much dead skin was exfoliated off. It was gross....but also pretty impressive that the product was so amazingly effective. Then I slopped on the Egyptian Magic. It's too early to tell, but there is NO doubt that this cream and exfoliator combination is something that my skin likes. I'll keep anyone who's interested posted!
I'm excited and loving these results. Wish I hadn't neglected for so long...ugggghhh!
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this tip - I (of course) instantly got on amazon.com and ordered the Cure. I'm going to Whole Foods tomorrow for the Magic.

I sometimes wish I had more willpower, but I can't resist skin care! LOL
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I bought samples of the Aqua Gel from this etailer http://www.beautycarousel.com/index.php?main_page=best_sellers&zenid=ecd0a85b81819a8a1cac133f344bb61e The product is free. Shipping cost $3.28 to the US. They ship internationally.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
i'm turning 27 yrs old....and i know that signs are the first thing that tells a woman's age. I've started to put retin-a on my hands at night and also sunscreen everyday on my hands is crucial. Also fillers are really popular not only for your face...but your hands too. With age hands tend become more bony so fillers help make them more plump and youthful again

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
A HUGE skin saver for your hands is to keep them out of water. I'm TERRIBLE. I'm always washing dishes without gloves. They are such a pain.

And my hands are dearly paying for this.

The first time I looked at my hands with a Shock was about 4 months after my babies were born. We were on house arrest because they were premie. I washed my hands often to prevent any cootie spreading. I'll never forget the day I looked at my knuckels and they were bleeding! I didn't even realize my hands were so dried and cracked. It was terrible. And honestly, they've not improved since. Ok, they're not bleeding anymore. Not like I'm walking around looking diseased or anything...LOL! Had to edit to add!

I really should keep the gloves at the sink. Maybe if I can prevent anything worse... We'll see...

With as much will power as the girls above... I will check these mentioned products out... Thanks!

5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Egyptian Magic sounds interesting...but what is it, a face or body cream?? Has quite the celebrity following I must say...

As for Cure Natural Aqua Gel...I have been using it for 2 months now. It's quite the find. but beware...It does go pretty quick though depending on how you use it. My first bottle only lasted me 6 weeks actually (I shared with my sister though) and used it all over my elbows, knees, chest. The results are wonderful...but I've been using it more sparingly just on my face with my 2nd bottle. It peels dead skin cells right off, without any irritation. My skin could never take scrubs or any other exfoliator. with Cure i've never had a problems with irritation.

I feel like my other products are actually working better since I'm able to apply onto fresh skin.....

I will be trying out your Cure + Egyptian magic hand and neck trick for sure. thx for the tip!
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 am      Reply with quote
sookhi wrote:
Egyptian Magic sounds interesting...but what is it, a face or body cream?? Has quite the celebrity following I must say...

To my knowledge its just an effective moisturizer with royal jelly and olive oil etc, that you could use anywhere. It doesn't have marketing jargon behind it labelling it a 'face creme'...its like nivea creme- you can use it anywhere your skin needs moisture.

Kate Hudson specifically said she lathers her face with it during long haul flights to stop her skin drying out. Definitely not a cream you would use, say, in the mornings. Night cream, yes.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:
sookhi wrote:

To my knowledge its just an effective moisturizer with royal jelly and olive oil etc, that you could use anywhere. It doesn't have marketing jargon behind it labelling it a 'face creme'...its like nivea creme- you can use it anywhere your skin needs moisture.

Kate Hudson specifically said she lathers her face with it during long haul flights to stop her skin drying out. Definitely not a cream you would use, say, in the mornings. Night cream, yes.

Rachel Zoe says she uses this cream from head (including her face) to toe twice per day.
laleebee
5% products discount

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
sookhi wrote:

As for Cure Natural Aqua Gel...I have been using it for 2 months now. It's quite the find. but beware...It does go pretty quick though depending on how you use it. My first bottle only lasted me 6 weeks actually (I shared with my sister though) and used it all over my elbows, knees, chest. The results are wonderful...but I've been using it more sparingly just on my face with my 2nd bottle. It peels dead skin cells right off, without any irritation. My skin could never take scrubs or any other exfoliator. with Cure i've never had a problems with irritation.

I feel like my other products are actually working better since I'm able to apply onto fresh skin.....

I will be trying out your Cure + Egyptian magic hand and neck trick for sure. thx for the tip!

Let me know what you think! Cure and Egyptian Magic are a wonderful duo. I again exoliated with Cure Natural Aqua Gel last night on my face, neck and hands. I literally can not explain in words how good my skin looks in the morning using Cure than Egyptian....but like you, I am burning through my bottle very quickly!

I'm really impressed with all these facts about Egyptian Magic too...it's much more well known than I thought.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
How often are you exfoliating with the Cure?

Rachel Zoe...now there's one woman who's not aging well at all, in my opinion. She could easily pass for late 40's early 50's when not photoshopped.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Rachel Zoe...now there's one woman who's not aging well at all, in my opinion. She could easily pass for late 40's early 50's when not photoshopped.

She has said that she suffers from extremely dry skin.
laleebee
5% products discount

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:07 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
How often are you exfoliating with the Cure?

I'm exfoliating my face twice a week and my hands....and neck now....about 4-5 times a week.

Cure is very gentle since it's all natural. I saw on a youtube review that it's made with 90% revitalized and purifed hydrogen infused water extracted from japanese yams...whatever that means. either way, they sell a bottle every 12 seconds apparently in Japan...and I can see why now.

I'll give a report about how Cure and Egyptian magic are working on my neck after a couple weeks...FYI one huge downside to note....I bought my Egyptian Magic for $29 last month and now it's $37 and I can't really find it much cheaper online either. guess the company decided all that celebrity endorsement was worth an extra 8 bucks. bummer
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
The Cure Gel sounds like it has the same ingredient that I used to love in Pretty Hands & Feet decades ago. I don't know why they discontinued that great product. It did the same thing -- rolled the dead skin away. I used it on my knees and elbows. I'd have to see if the cost was worth purchasing since if I use Paula's Choice BHA on knees and elbows, it keeps them smooth.

I doubt the Gel and Egyptian cream would make much of a difference to my hands though since I use the same products on my face, hands and neck (CPs, AHAs, sunscreen).
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I've started to put retin-a on my hands at night. Also fillers are really popular not only for your face...but your hands too. With age hands tend become more bony so fillers help make them more plump and youthful again

I can't afford fillers for both face and hands, so I choose face. I will try the retin A on the back of my hands, though. Maybe just one hand to compare, which is always the true test instead of wishful thinking.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info! Of course I just went and added them to my ebay list.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
To all those who pm'd me. Thank you for your kind words....sorry I've been so slow to respond.

I got my fist bottle of Cure Natural Aqua Gel on Amazon for $39 from a seller called ppali beauty and my second bottle at Number One Beauty in Santa Monica for about the same, $39.95 I believe.

I will report back next week about the how the Cure + Egyptian Magic is working on my neck. I will have a lot to say on this I already know!
Janlee21

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ive been using Cure Natural Gel for about 6 months now. I LOVE it and it exfoliates as promised. And I'm glad to hear its in the US in stores now. Hopefully they come to NYC soon. I got it for $36 on eBay end of last year. I guess $39 on amazon isn't too bad....but yikes it is a lot to be using all over your body! I. Think I'll just stick to using Cure on my face (for now)...
smoothandfresh

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Years and years ago, I had my epiphany about hands and age. I clearly remember it was Joan Rivers on QVC. She sold body products at the time along with her jewelry. She had a hand cream. I never bought it but it was from her presentations that it dawned on me about how hands show age as well as the neck. I might have been in my mid to late 30s at the time. From that day, I started to pay attention. I used up all my unwanted skin care on my hands. Serums, retinols, glycolic pads, eye creams, night creams, samples, etc. I love body scrubs in the shower and started scrubbing my hands, too. I did all this for my neck. I'm in my early 50s now and my neck is in really good shape. Not perfect but really good shape except one neck ring. I keep an arsenal in my desk at work and apply a couple times a day and in AM and PM. A great way to use up that graveyard of skincare products.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for sharing, i want have a try on this handcream, as my hands seems dry all day, it makes me look like 40s. how does it smell?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |