Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Tested the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:45 am      Reply with quote

■Renews radiance
■Brightens your complexion
■Evens skin tone and blurs imperfections
■Hydrates for 24 hours
■Protects against UVA & UVB rays with SPF 15

I received this from Buzzagent to test and all I can say after my first application is: Thank God I didn't have to spend any money on this!

It only comes in two shades: Light and Medium. I chose the medium because I have an olive complexion. I tested it on one side of my face and that side not only looked 3 shades darker than my normal complexion but almost jaundice (Where's that radiance they were taking about? Laughing ). Not only that, but it did not cover up my age spots and fine lines any better than any other foundation I've ever used and certainly not anything like the before and after in the picture above. It also left my skin feeling tacky for several hours after application. I couldn't wait to wash it off.

I was so disappointed, because I was really looking forward to trying this product, but it's a no go for me unfortunately.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 am      Reply with quote
thanks for letting us know! I was curious about this product

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I would actually quite like it - except for the fact that the Light shade is still too dark for me and gives my face an orangey hue.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:53 am      Reply with quote
So, even the light shade produces a jaundice effect? That is too bad. Not that I would buy the lighter shade knowing it didin't do it's job at covering up fine lines and diminishing age spots (and let's not forget the tacky feeling Wink ), but I was wondering if it would have complimented my olive complexion more than the medium did. Now I know it wouldn't.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Another thing I didn't like about it, but forgot to mention was the extremely strong synthetic smell of it. Nearly made me keel over when I first squeezed some of it out of the tube! Thankfully, it does dissipate fairly rapidly, but what on earth where they thinking when they "scented" it like that! Shock
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I love this product!! I find it hard to get a match for my skin as I am pale and I hate that thick look for everyday wear. I really like this, it blends beautifully and covers everything, feels lovely, not sticky and cheap.
I really like it!

It just shows how different we all are!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie, that is very true. Like the saying goes: One person's trash is another's treasure. For me, I don't know if I'll ever find a foundation that looks and feels natural, so I usually just go without.

Majorb, funny...I never even noticed the smell.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Bermie - If they could make the colour a little lighter and less orangey and get rid of that awful stench (I mean scent Wink ), then I think I would really love this. I agree that it blends well and makes the skin look good in general. If only the colour suited me more, then it would give a very natural, your-skin-but-better look. Mind you, I do have to wear a bit of moisturiser underneath as me skin is very dry.

sandooch - It's funny because I've read quite a lot of reviews for this product. Half of the reviews rave about the gorgeous scent and the other half rant about how unbearably awful it is! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:41 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Bermie - If they could make the colour a little lighter and less orangey and get rid of that awful stench (I mean scent Wink ), then I think I would really love this. I agree that it blends well and makes the skin look good in general. If only the colour suited me more, then it would give a very natural, your-skin-but-better look. Mind you, I do have to wear a bit of moisturiser underneath as me skin is very dry.

sandooch - It's funny because I've read quite a lot of reviews for this product. Half of the reviews rave about the gorgeous scent and the other half rant about how unbearably awful it is! Laughing

majorb, Thanks, you saved me from any temptation....I do not tolerate stenches
Bad Grin at all well!

I just can't fathom having 2 shades and expecting those to suit everyone, having done professional makeup in the past I know that never works! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Yep, I predict that more women will complain about the jaundice glow and that there are only two color choices, so they will have to fix this two problems if they want to increase sales.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
For anyone interested here is the list of ingredients:

Active: Octinoxate 4%. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides].

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:22 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I just can't fathom having 2 shades and expecting those to suit everyone, having done professional makeup in the past I know that never works! Rolling Eyes

I agree. No matter how well this stuff blends in, when you consider the vast difference between someone with the palest, porcelain-white skin and someone else with the darkest, licquorice-toned skin, it's surely impossible to suit them and everyone inbetween with just 2 shades.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:21 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I agree. No matter how well this stuff blends in, when you consider the vast difference between someone with the palest, porcelain-white skin and someone else with the darkest, licquorice-toned skin, it's surely impossible to suit them and everyone inbetween with just 2 shades.

2 shades is downright absurd for all the reasons you posted above!

I am wondering what is causing the gorgeous orange "glow" that people are experiencing, I think they need to reconsider the formulation as well as the number of shades in the product. Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think just about anything that says "miracle" on the bottle is going to wind up being a disappointment.

What IS the deal with the BB cream rage? It's just... tinted moisturizer, right?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to know what the big deal is, too. I hear it's supposed to be the best thing ever. Nothing impressive with this brand though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if this helps, but to me it seems that a trend started and everyone in the cosmetic industry has been jumping on the bandwagon....good or bad.-------

Learn why this Korean beauty product is all the rage in Asia!

BB Cream or Blemish Balm Cream is among Asia's hottest beauty products right now. Where did it come from and how did it become so popular?

The formula is reported to have come from Germany where dermatologists use it for healing laser skin surgery because of its characteristic soothing and skin-regenerating properties. Famous South Korean actresses then began using it for beauty purposes and since Asian dramas and hallyu is huge, a craze was born. The trend that started in Korea first spread to Japan then to South East Asia and has now quickly made its way to Europe and the USA.

http://www.squidoo.com/b-b-cream

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:51 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Yep, I predict that more women will complain about the jaundice glow and that there are only two color choices, so they will have to fix this two problems if they want to increase sales.

I think it is because originally "BB cream" or as "Asians" like to call it Blemish balm/beauty balm was meant to be sold to Korean and some Japanese market.

I used to shop at a Korean and Japanese store a lot (until they moved too far) and a lot of the girls that worked there were always talking about BB cream and how amazing it is.

From what I understood it is just atinted moisturizer that covers well or a all in one tinted product.

I am really surprized that it is all hype now everywhere.
To me "BB cream" is not that interesting.

I really like Marcelle spf 15 tinted moisturizer in a silver tube or else Olay Touch of Foundation line looks really good on "white people".
My skin tone is Olive/tan/yellowish a bit.
Most druhstore makeup- like Cover Girl every foundation thay make is too white or has a very bad pink shade on me.
Estee lauder and a few high end brands do the same thing.

Maybe I will get to sample the Garnier product,if not I will just stick to Marcelle as that is fragrance free.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
sandooch wrote:

I think it is because originally "BB cream" or as "Asians" like to call it Blemish balm/beauty balm was meant to be sold to Korean and some Japanese market.

I used to shop at a Korean and Japanese store a lot (until they moved too far) and a lot of the girls that worked there were always talking about BB cream and how amazing it is.

From what I understood it is just atinted moisturizer that covers well or a all in one tinted product.

I am really surprized that it is all hype now everywhere.
To me "BB cream" is not that interesting.

I really like Marcelle spf 15 tinted moisturizer in a silver tube or else Olay Touch of Foundation line looks really good on "white people".
My skin tone is Olive/tan/yellowish a bit.
Most druhstore makeup- like Cover Girl every foundation thay make is too white or has a very bad pink shade on me.
Estee lauder and a few high end brands do the same thing.

Maybe I will get to sample the Garnier product,if not I will just stick to Marcelle as that is fragrance free.

You and I have the exact same skin tone, so I think I will have to check out the tinted moisturizers you had mentioned. Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
For anyone interested here is the list of ingredients:

Active: Octinoxate 4%. Inactive: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithum Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate,
Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate. [May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides].

If you look at the active ingredients; Octinoxate 4% is not a lot of protection. The octinoxate is not a good UVA filter for sun protection. This is fine if someone is using this over a SS/SS moisturizer as makeup. The company gives the impression that this is sufficient sun protection. Misleading....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 am      Reply with quote
thanks for sharing, didn't think it would be that bad. I think i will stick with Benefit - tinted moisturizer then.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |