Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Are these ingredients any good? Help needed!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
This is a serum I was thinking of buying.

INGREDIENTS
Argireline- a trade name of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 ( SNARE complex ), it is a deep penetrating and very powerful amino peptide that resulting in the reduction of the degree of existing facial wrinkles and demonstrated effectiveness against their development, considered by some an alternative to Botox.

Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A)- nourishes the skin and assists in the rejuvenation process that maintains a more youthful appearance.

Alpha Lipoic Acid ( ALA )- is the most powerful of antioxidants, this potent and effective antioxidant helps to (1)combating free radicals and protects skin cells from damage, (2) minimizes enlarged pores and surface imperfections (3) anti-inflammatory, boosts skin's radiance, gives the skin a youthful and glowing appearance.

Pepha-Tight- is a highly purified biotechnologically produced extract from the microalgae Nannochloropsis oculata combined with a well balanced fraction of polysaccharides, amino acids, vitamin C and B12, pepha-tight is a 2-in-1 skin tightener, it provides a perceptible instant tightening effect on the skin and acts also on the long term basis, protecting the skin cells from oxidative stress and stimulating formation of collagen.

Tripeptide-5- a trade name of Palmitoyl Trpeptide-5, it is highly bioactive and can activate tissue growth factor ( TGF-beta ) that stimulates collagen synthesis in the skin, actively irons out any types of wrinkle, clinically proven to be effective (study with 60 volunteers showed 350% wrinkle reduction after 84 days treatment). It is considered a collagen injections alternative.

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)- increases the rate of skin exfoliation and increases moisture barrier repair. Studies have shown it to be useful in increasing synthesis of collagen and lipids, inhibiting the transfer of melanosomes and decreasing inflammation.

Niacinamide is one of the vitamins that we’ll hear more and more about in the coming years. Dr. Draelos. SOURCE: American Academy of Dermatology. Niacinamide is an amazing antioxidant that works for aging and acne related issues making it the perfect addition to the Bellahut Ultimate Repair Serum.

Pro-Vitamin B5 (dl-Panthenol)- a humectant effective at counteracting the dryness that occurs in aging skin and increases the moisture retention capacity of the skin which allows dry skin to stay supple and elastic longer. It is anti-inflammatory and stimulates skin regeneration.

L-ascorbic Acid ( Vitamin C )- is well known and long documented antioxidant that protects the surface of the skin from free radicals that can damage the skin.

DMAE- is an amazing nutrient that extends the life of cells, inhibits the cross linking of proteins, which gives the skin a tone and firm appearance.

Q-MAX- More than just Coenzyme Q10, this new ingredient can penetrate the cell layers of the skin and may attenuate the depth of wrinkles due to photo aging, as well as epithelial cell turnover, Q-MAX contains a minimum of 7.5 times as much Coenzyme Q10 as is typically found in other products.

MAP ( Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate ) - A potent vitamin c and a free radical scavenger. It improves skin elasticity by enhancing collagen production and protects skin from oxidation includes UV rays, also helps lighten uneven skin tone and pigment.

Multifruit® BSC- is a concentrated blend of five botanical extracts: bilberry, sugar cane, sugar maple, orange, and lemon. These extracts contain several naturally occurring alpha hydroxy acids. Alpha hydroxy acids have been shown to promote smoother, younger looking skin by increasing the rate of cell renewal.

Vitamin E- has been shown to increase the enzyme activity in the skin, prevent free radical induced skin damage, increase epithelisation of surface wounds and increase the moisturisation of the horny layer.

Organic Cranberry Extract- has a natural balance of omega 3, 6 & 9 fatty acids not found elsewhere in natural oils. It is also rich in tocotrienols (Vitamin E) and other natural antioxidants. Cranberry extract may sooth itchy, scaly, irritated skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.

I need some advice from all guru's out there?
thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm not an expert on all the science but the list of ingredients is pretty impressive.

If all this is true, I say run, don't walk to get it!

What's it called please, Bermie2?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I, personally, am leery of Argireline. Some have said (back in that ingredients prime time) that is caused sagging when used on the entire face. Not sure about the Pepha Tight, either. Maybe just a film former to create an illusion of tight/lifted skin? Not sure about the Syn-Coll. I am not a fan of peptides as I think they are mostly unproven (except by studies from the manufacturer).

If you try it, let us know if it does anything!
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
It looks like a "kitchen sink" type of product to me, with everything thrown in it, but to what end? Plus half the actives are thought to be incompatible with each other. For example, DMAE and L-aa have very different preferred pH levels, same goes for MAP and this Multifruit cocktail. It's very messy and suspicious looking, and the inclusions of Q-Max, peptides and Multifruit "acids" makes me think that someone has had some leftovers from Lotioncrafters catalog and simply decided to play formulator by mixing it all up.
On the other hand, could as well be some space level state of art stabilization system in place with proper chelators and so on, but I rather doubt that, people who make those wouldn't waste their time with fad ingredients like Pepha-Tight or Cranberry extract.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:03 am      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
It looks like a "kitchen sink" type of product to me, with everything thrown in it, but to what end? Plus half the actives are thought to be incompatible with each other. For example, DMAE and L-aa have very different preferred pH levels, same goes for MAP and this Multifruit cocktail. It's very messy and suspicious looking, and the inclusions of Q-Max, peptides and Multifruit "acids" makes me think that someone has had some leftovers from Lotioncrafters catalog and simply decided to play formulator by mixing it all up.
On the other hand, could as well be some space level state of art stabilization system in place with proper chelators and so on, but I rather doubt that, people who make those wouldn't waste their time with fad ingredients like Pepha-Tight or Cranberry extract.

I agree, there are several ph incompatibilities going on there from what I have studied!

Defiantly a "Kitchen Sink" throw it all in approach IMHO! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the astute observers above.

Argireline is utter nonsense. It purports to work at the neuromuscular junction. If it penetrated that far (it doesn't) the first thing you would notice would be droopy eyelids. Thinnest skin over most sensitive facial muscles).

Most of the ingredients are good ones, except that the incompatibilities in a single serum mean they are cancelling one another out. pH issues, etc, etc.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I also agree that it seems like just throwing a bunch of known or popular ingredients in together and hoping some will stick.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
tefla wrote:
I'm not an expert on all the science but the list of ingredients is pretty impressive.

I googled the ingredients, and found a listing of this product on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRM-LIFT-SERUM-ARGIRELINE-PEPHA-TIGHT-TRIPEPTIDE-5-MAP-/200479029607
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
tefla wrote:

I googled the ingredients, and found a listing of this product on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRM-LIFT-SERUM-ARGIRELINE-PEPHA-TIGHT-TRIPEPTIDE-5-MAP-/200479029607

LOL sounds like a face lift in a bottle if you read the marketing blurb! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Other than the Argireline, MAP & QMax (lol), I quite like the other ingredients...(And do enjoy them in 2 separate serums.)

For me though, I only plop in 2 or 3 compatible actives per serum, so my skin can enjoy and actually utilize what I'm *feeding* it..

Personally, I would steer far afield of ANY product which offers a laundry list of *attractive* ingredients (all in one place)... I'm not interested in *a dusting* of actives which are there in name only...

Nope, DIY is all that interests me for now.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
thank you all so much for the feedback, you see, I really would be lost without this forum!!

You all just saved me some money!!

5% products discount

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty ignorant on chemical names as I'm an all-natural, organic girl. I'd advise against anything that isn't 100% from the Earth, but I'm obnoxious that way.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |