Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
cold thermogenesis
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Have just started reading about this. It is linked to telomere length and aging in general:
http://jackkruse.com/the-holy-trinity-ct-4/
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Well kind of interesting, the FDA has approved a procedure called Coolsculpting that "freezes" fat off. It will in all likelihood replace lipo:

http://www.coolsculpting.com/

Procedures that use laser, sonic waves, and even surgery to remove fat can actually destroy other tissue in the process by burning, shattering, or extracting non-fat cells. This requires downtime for your body to heal. Totally uncool. Fortunately, CoolSculpting doesn’t burn, shatter, or extract any cells. Developed by Harvard scientists, our unique, FDA-cleared, patented procedure uses a targeted cooling process that kills the fat cells underneath the skin, literally freezing them to the point of elimination. Only fat cells are frozen. Your healthy skin cells remain, well, healthy. No knives. No suction hoses. No needles. No scars. Once crystalized, the fat cells die and are naturally eliminated from your body. In a few months, boom: say hello to a new you.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Really worth looking in to- so healthy for the whole body. It was mentioned in the 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris:
http://www.amazon.com/The-4-Hour-Body-Incredible-Superhuman/dp/030746363X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333557658&sr=8-1
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:32 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Have just started reading about this. It is linked to telomere length and aging in general:
http://jackkruse.com/the-holy-trinity-ct-4/

Thanks for posting this. Very Interesting.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I've noticed I'm sleeping better on days I ice, probably good for perimenopause.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I've noticed I'm sleeping better on days I ice, probably good for perimenopause.

What do you mean by "days I ice". I read thru the trinity but boy most of it went over my head which is not unusual for me. I just don't "grasp" like I use to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:56 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Well kind of interesting, the FDA has approved a procedure called Coolsculpting that "freezes" fat off. It will in all likelihood replace lipo:

Procedures that use laser, sonic waves, and even surgery to remove fat can actually destroy other tissue in the process by burning, shattering, or extracting non-fat cells. This requires downtime for your body to heal. Totally uncool. Fortunately, CoolSculpting doesn’t burn, shatter, or extract any cells. Developed by Harvard scientists, our unique, FDA-cleared, patented procedure uses a targeted cooling process that kills the fat cells underneath the skin, literally freezing them to the point of elimination. Only fat cells are frozen. Your healthy skin cells remain, well, healthy. No knives. No suction hoses. No needles. No scars. Once crystalized, the fat cells die and are naturally eliminated from your body. In a few months, boom: say hello to a new you.

Woo hoo! Running over to my fridge to clear out my freezer so that I can stick my big butt in there. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
gretchen wrote:

Woo hoo! Running over to my fridge to clear out my freezer so that I can stick my big butt in there. Razz

LOL. sandooch,

You should also take into consideration that ice applied can cause the fluid in your skin to form ice crystals, also known as frostbite if left for long enough.

This is why we really should not put ice on burns it can and usually does cause further damage and scarring.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading through Dr. Kruse's website and I still can't figure out whether I am leptin resistant or leptin sensitive. I am assuming I am LS. I am not overweight or underweight. But, it confuses me when he says if you are fit and in decent shape you are probably also LR. So if you're overweight, underweight, or in decent shape you can be LR. According to these descriptions, that would include just about everybody. I guess I would need some lab tests to find out for sure. There is so much information on that website. It is a lot to process.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
gretchen wrote:

What do you mean by "days I ice". I read thru the trinity but boy most of it went over my head which is not unusual for me. I just don't "grasp" like I use to.

For more information read The 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris:
http://www.amazon.com/The-4-Hour-Body-Incredible-Superhuman/dp/030746363X/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335125532&sr=8-1-spell

No, icing the body doesn't damage it.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well I don't know if this will make your body superhuman, but I do know that if this takes on the easiest way to do this is no longer heat your apartment in winter (like the Tibetan monasteries don't have central heating either), and that just might help save the planet.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 9:06 am      Reply with quote
There's an article on coolsculpting in this month's ELLE:
http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Health-Fitness/Fire-and-Ice-New-Body-Sculpting-Treatments
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |