Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Giving myself a TCA peel tonight!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
This will be my 5th or 6th TCA peel over the last year and a half, and I have been having great success in fading my melasma and age spots with them. They're about 75% faded. I've done Lactic Acid peels in between.

I only did my forehead and Melasma area on my cheeks and a couple of age spots using a 15% peel. But I waited 5 minutes after applying and did another coat, giving me a boost of an 18% peel.

All I can say is...Holy Mother of God! Image My skin felt as if I was standing on the brink of Hell. How in the world do some of you tolerate TCA peels stronger than 18% is beyond me? You must have super-strong skin or be immortal or both. Image

I know these peels are the only thing that are finally fading my melasma and age spots, but I sincerely hope that I only have to do this one or two more times to fade them completely and then just keep the hyperpigmentation away with good sunscreen and gentlier face creams with retinol.

Oh, the things we women go through for the sake of beauty! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:56 am      Reply with quote
TCA does stings quite a bit! I don't know how some do stronger %. IIRC I though putting a 2nd layer was a total equivalent to 1 & 1/2 half of the %, so you would be getting 22% peel with a 2nd layer.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like its not exactly fun!! I felt the same way a few weeks ago doing a derma roll.

Gee, TCA must be really strong? I am going to try a lactic acid peel soon. But I believe they are pretty gentle compared to a TCA.

How often do you do a lactic acid peel?
Good luck and let us know how you go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl, according to the instructions that came with the TCA is says: If you have done a home TCA before and feel you need more strength, apply the first layer. Then wait five munutes. Apply the second layer. This will give you a 25% "boost" in strength.

So if I were using a 15% peel, wouldn't a second layer with a 25% boost be like giving me a 18.75% (almost 19%) peel? But, believe me, if felt much stronger than that.

Bermie, I've been reading about the derma roller on this board, and that really scares me. But who knows how I'll feel after a couple of months. I just may get daring enough to try that.

Here is a copy of an email I was sent from MUAC after asking how to apply the different peels I had, in what order and how often:

Addressing Melasma does take time to resolve.

To begin we would recommend using the 25% Mandelic 2 times a week for the next 3 weeks then stop. Then progress to the 65% Lactic acid peel... use this only once a week for 4 weeks. Then go to the 15% TCA peel the week after your last Lactic acid peel.

What this regime will do is to help your skin accumulate the two alpha hydroxy acids, which are the Mandelic and Lactic acid. They will help to boost the results for 15% TCA peel. After the TCA peel wait until the skin is calmed..about 2 weeks then start the whole process over again. It can take several months to see results, they will not be immediate.

You can use the Mandelic acid on the neck and chest but it is important to remember that the skin there is more fragile then the facial skin so do not leave it on those areas too long.

All skin types are different as are all types of Melasma. If your skin is a little more stubborn in noticing the fading it is due to your unique skin type. You are using the correct products and do not need to purchase anything further.

You may want to look at our testimonials page to take a look at the results some of our other Melasma clients have achieved. Again, while it make take some time to see results they can be achieved.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
GirlieGirl, according to the instructions that came with the TCA is says: If you have done a home TCA before and feel you need more strength, apply the first layer. Then wait five munutes. Apply the second layer. This will give you a 25% "boost" in strength.

So if I were using a 15% peel, wouldn't a second layer with a 25% boost be like giving me a 18.75% (almost 19%) peel? But, believe me, if felt much stronger than that.

[/b]

Yes if its a 25% boost that would be correct. Maybe I was thinking 3 layers (which I cant imagine doing!).
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
sandooch wrote:

[/b]

Yes if its a 25% boost that would be correct. Maybe I was thinking 3 layers (which I cant imagine doing!).

Bite your tongue, woman! Laughing

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |