Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Quasi-review of ‘Go-Smile’
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:29 am      Reply with quote
This isn’t a full-fledged review because I only had a sample to try....but when I was at Sephora yesterday spending my paycheck, I asked the SA if she’d give me a sample of GoSmile to try. I figured I’d get one of the milder ampules from the “daily maintenance” pak, but she surprised me and gave me one of the super-strength amps from the starter kit. I used it when I got home. It comes in a plexi-glass ampule and you squeeze it on one end to break the plastic (I'm guessing it's some sort of vacuum seal or something b/c as soon as you break the vial enough to release the suction, the stuff starts coming out into the attached cottonpad) and then squeeze slightly to release the ‘juice’ onto the attached cotton polishing pad on one end of the amp. You just rub the polishing pad against your teeth until the stuff starts to foam, then spit out the excess saliva. That’s it! No awkward holding your lips away from your teeth while waiting for the goop to dry (a la Colgate’s Simply White brush-on gel or the Crest Night Effects whitening “glue”), no walking around with a cling-film like strip attached to your teeth for half an hour like with the Crest Premium White Strips. The best part: this Go-Smile SAMPLE whitened my teeth about three shades with just one application. Seriously! I was flabbergasted when I looked in the mirror – I’ve never seen my teeth this white, I don’t even remember having ‘pearly whites’ when I was a child!! The scary part is that I thought my teeth were in pretty good shape(i.e.: as white as they were going to get) since I’d been using the Crest Prem White Stripes pretty regularly and I use a toothbrush with a built in polishing pad (like the thingy the dentist uses when you go in for your 6-month cleaning), but apparently I’d been deluding myself...people better watch out today – if I smile at them, they just might be dazzled by the gleam!! Wink Unfortunately, I already spent a goodly amount of this month’s paycheck while I was in Sephora (I went in for one thing and walked out with about eight items that I didn’t know I “needed,” but suddenly couldn’t live without!!), but next month this complete Go-Smile starter kit is at the very top of my “must buy” list. This stuff rocks!!

Carrie
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that's amazing Carrie! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Do you know how permanent the whitening is? Will it last though the month until you buy the set? hmm
DeeDee99
5% products discount

Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, thanks so much for this review, carekate! I eyeball this stuff every time I'm in Sephora and keep telling myself, Nah, it's probably no better than all the other whitening products out there. But now I'll definitely try it. I have a gift certificate for Sephora that's been burning a hole in my psyche since Christmas (you see, I've been avoiding going there because, like you, I always leave a little shocked at how much I managed to spend!) I'm sufficiently motivated now, though, to motor on over there in the coming week and finally spend that gift certificate so I can stop obssessing about it!
Dee.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
that's cool carrie! I will give in soon (gave in on the kiss me mascara today)
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Carrie. Did you have any tooth sensitivity after trying it?
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:18 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad to read this post. I was just at the dentist for my cleaning and he recommend their whitening program in the office. They also have the take-home system with the trays and all. GoSmile Very Happy sounds so much easier. I will definitely check it out.
Thanks for the post.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Did you have any tooth sensitivity after trying it?
No, not a bit.
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Check out their website if you are worried about tooth sensitivity. I have sensitivity with most tooth whiteners. I have not tried this product, but I am tempted. The website describes why you should not have tooth sensitivity with their product.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I was on their site for a while last night trying to tell myself that I don't need to try it but I'm *really* tempted! It's quite expensive though and then there's the international postage on top of that Sad
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am convinced. Going to give it a try. I do find using the strip is not as convenient. Hope I will have the same experience.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Looking forward to hearing what you think of it. For now I'm trying to be strong and I'm resisting the purchase Smile
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it and it is AWESOME!!!! It did not cause any tooth sensitivity at all for me. Toward the end of the two weeks, I did find that my gums were a bit inflamed, but I suspect that was because I rubbed a bit too hard. I used the started kit (two weeks with six percent peroxide) and now I am using the maintenance kit (one percent peroxide) I use one ampule every other day. I just put it on when I sit down to put on my makeup.

Someone here on this forum told me about this website and this is where I bought my GoSmile kit fromwww.new-raves.com If you email them and tell them that you were told that you could get a special discount code, they will email one back to you and I believe I got my kit for 58 bucks instead of 75!

Liz
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Liz! I'm really looking forward to trying it.

There goes the resistance.... Rolling Eyes
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Me too Laughing
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed I bought it last night just after I logged off here. Thanks for the reviews and feedback Carrie, SkyBaby and Liz (thanks for the link Liz - no need for code apparently, they have it on sale).

I'll update in a few weeks once I receive it (probably about two weeks from now) and get a chance to use it for a while. I've had professional whitening treatments done before (and have used many supermarket ones) so I wonder how this will compare. I am a bit worried though because if it's really effective then all my fillings will show since they were matched to my "potentially previous" tooth color *sigh*
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
$55 beats 75 bucks at Sephora anyday. I did break down awhile back and got the Susan B. Komen pink case that holds a weeks supply from drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=138027&catid=35933&trx=GFI-0-EVGR-49973&trxp1=60&trxp2=138027&trxp3=1&trxp4=24&btrx=BUY-GFI-0-EVGR-49973

Liz
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try is so badly...but I'm near broke Crying or Very sad
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad I was able to push so many people over the edge!! Bad Grin

Liz
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, I will continue to resist...until my tax refund...or I get dare I say it a j-o-b...ack *hiding under desk*
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I was very tempted to purchase also, so I took a ride out to Sephora today. I chickened out and bought the AM/PM toothpaste instead of a kit. I then was strolling through Nordstrom's and go to talking to a saleslady and asked her what lipstick she was wearing when it dawned on me it wasn't her lipstick but her teeth. They looked amazing, really white. Her response was that she had used Go Smile for 3 days. Well, I was almost hooked but still concerned about my tooth sensitivity. She offered up a sample. Yay!! I also stopped at Ulta on the way home, they sell it too, it is almost fate. I came home and tried the sample. No tooth sensitivity and my teeth looked good after one application. I can truly see a difference. So I think I must buy.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
stop testing me!! aghhhhh!!! I should quit this forum if I really want to resist purchasing stuff.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I also ordered a 14-day kit today, Very Happy and I'll let you know how it works. Would the shades come back if you dont continue using it?
Any trick of use?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I had my teeth whitened professionally, costing nearly £500. They did lighten, there was lots of sensitivity, and for 24 hours I could only eat white food, rice, white bread, no butter - yellow, mash, and drink clear liquids. I was happy with the results but less that 3 months later, the effect had worn off. I was gutted but would still try something like this. I bet its not available here in the UK, unless anyone can tell me different.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
stop testing me!! aghhhhh!!! I should quit this forum if I really want to resist purchasing stuff.

Exactly.... I love this forum, but for people w/ weak will (like me) ... this place can be dangerous .... Anxious
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. After reading it I remembered that I had a sample I'd been meaning to try. I used it last night and I could see a difference this morning. It's so easy to use.
I just ordered it fromwww.new-raves.com.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |