Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
CPs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Girliegirlicious

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Pickart made up lies about myself on his forum. I posted that from using the products my skin went saggy, crepey, and caused wrinkles. He claimed that I was a liar and used my boyfriends credit card to order the products, which I of course did not. I don't think this is a very ethical way of running a business. My skin never returned to normal. I believe there should be warnings saying that the products could potentially age your skin. Using copper peptides is almost like a science experiment. You hope you will have better skin, but may have older aged skin. Who would have thought a product could age your skin overnight? Not I.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Girliegirlicious wrote:
Dr. Pickart made up lies about myself on his forum. I posted that from using the products my skin went saggy, crepey, and caused wrinkles. He claimed that I was a liar and used my boyfriends credit card to order the products, which I of course did not. I don't think this is a very ethical way of running a business. My skin never returned to normal. I believe there should be warnings saying that the products could potentially age your skin. Using copper peptides is almost like a science experiment. You hope you will have better skin, but may have older aged skin. Who would have thought a product could age your skin overnight? Not I.

So sorry to hear about your skin problems. How long did you use the CP's, which ones did you use, and how old are you (not asking a specific age, just 20's, 30's, etc.)? Have you seen a dermatologist about your skin situation now?
Girliegirlicious

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I am 32 years old. I started when I was 28 years old. Probably too young to use a product like this but I didn't know at the time. I used the night eyes and one for the face. I can't recall exactly as it has been 4 years. I was too scared to try them again but some people say if you use the GHK extremely slowly it will improve. I also read a post on another forum where a lady used the products on her body and they aged it about 10 years. She now has been using Xtend life products with some success. I saw a dermatologist when it first happened. He said "why were you using these products?" and "your screwed" you would need before and after pics and it would cost thousands of dollars for him to get involved in such a case. He was not very helpfull to say the least.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Girliegirlicious wrote:
I am 32 years old. I started when I was 28 years old. Probably too young to use a product like this but I didn't know at the time. I used the night eyes and one for the face. I can't recall exactly as it has been 4 years. I was too scared to try them again but some people say if you use the GHK extremely slowly it will improve. I also read a post on another forum where a lady used the products on her body and they aged it about 10 years. She now has been using Xtend life products with some success. I saw a dermatologist when it first happened. He said "why were you using these products?" and "your screwed" you would need before and after pics and it would cost thousands of dollars for him to get involved in such a case. He was not very helpfull to say the least.

I would try to talk to another dermatologist and get another opinion. It sounds like the one you talked to was only talking about suing, and not offering any suggestions and/or advice on what to do for your skin?

How long did you use the 2 products you mentioned?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Girliegirlicious wrote:

I could be wrong but I don't think night eyes was available four years ago. What were your goals in using CP's? And how did you find out about them?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:08 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Girliegirlicious wrote:

I could be wrong but I don't think night eyes was available four years ago. What were your goals in using CP's? And how did you find out about them?

Night Eyes Cream and Night Eyes Premier have been around for longer than 4 yrs. Here is a link to a thread about Night Eyes that dates back to 2006. Over the years there have been a number of people who have reported VERY negative experiences from using the Night Eyes product, which is why I never went near it!

Thread - CP's Eyes Droop? www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24906&highlight=cp+night+eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, wrong thread link was posted above re: Night Eyes Cream, lets try that again.

CP Eyelid Droop Thread -www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16946&highlight=cp+night+eyes

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I just had this sent to my email in which Dr. Pickart was copied in on. Isn't super cop very strong for the eye area? It sounds fishy. And why would they copy in Dr. Pickart?

Hello Anonymous
I read your review over skin biology night eyes where you gave your e mail address.You had a very bad experience with the product.

First I want to inform you that I am a user of skin biology products and a frequent visitor to their web site but I ve never seen any of their product called skin biology night eyes. They recommend super cop for skin under the eyes but you have to be very careful and use just a drop and if you have sensitive skin mix with some water or emu oil for skin and use alternative days/nights. Please visit their web site for further clarification.
I promise you the products are good. My skin under the eyes grew firmer and thicker. But if you have a bad case the first week while the damaged skin peels and heals can look very bad. As soon as the new skin comes up you ll see dramatic results.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Girliegirlicious wrote:
I just had this sent to my email in which Dr. Pickart was copied in on. Isn't super cop very strong for the eye area? It sounds fishy. And why would they copy in Dr. Pickart?

Hello Anonymous
I read your review over skin biology night eyes where you gave your e mail address.You had a very bad experience with the product.

First I want to inform you that I am a user of skin biology products and a frequent visitor to their web site but I ve never seen any of their product called skin biology night eyes. They recommend super cop for skin under the eyes but you have to be very careful and use just a drop and if you have sensitive skin mix with some water or emu oil for skin and use alternative days/nights. Please visit their web site for further clarification.
I promise you the products are good. My skin under the eyes grew firmer and thicker. But if you have a bad case the first week while the damaged skin peels and heals can look very bad. As soon as the new skin comes up you ll see dramatic results.

Girliegirl, I have never heard it recommended by Dr. Pickart to use super cop for the undereye area??? That is a very strong product, and all the reading I have done on the Skinbiology forum states to use the mildest product and slowly. I have come to the conclusion that if you are going to use the CP's, stick with the GHK, and even then use minimal amount of the product and go very slow to gauge your skin.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Girliegirlicious wrote:

Hello Anonymous

They have both night eyes and night eyes premier right on EDS and they are Skinbiology products.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skin-biology-cp-night-eye-p_11769.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skin-biology-cp-night-eye-p_11768.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
So does Skin Signals have the GHK form? It didn't say in the Ingredients list. I've been using that for a year, including around my eyes with no problems.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
So does Skin Signals have the GHK form? It didn't say in the Ingredients list. I've been using that for a year, including around my eyes with no problems.

Only GHK serum and GHK cream are 1st gen only. All other products are either the 2nd gen. or a combo of both.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

Only GHK serum and GHK cream are 1st gen only. All other products are either the 2nd gen. or a combo of both.

HTH

Skin Signals CREAM has both the GHK and 2nd generation CP in it. GHK Serum and GHK Cream are not alone, now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Girliegirlicious wrote:

Hello Anonymous

Girliegirl, I have never heard it recommended by Dr. Pickart to use super cop for the undereye area??? That is a very strong product, and all the reading I have done on the Skinbiology forum states to use the mildest product and slowly. I have come to the conclusion that if you are going to use the CP's, stick with the GHK, and even then use minimal amount of the product and go very slow to gauge your skin.

Totally agree with Riley. At least GHK to start and it's now my favorite for maintenance.

Also must apologize - I had my products incorrect: It was actually TTT that I was thinking of that wasn’t around four years ago, not night eyes and premier eyes. Sorry about that ladies. TTT is ideal for the eye area when starting out with CPs to combat any initial looseness. Many people apply CPs too heavily around their eyes not realizing that the skin is much thinner than the face. So you have to take it slow & use BHO’s to help keep them hydrated.
I still use night eyes and add a drop of a very nice oil I have from Shea Terra Organics. No uglies, no crepies. After I use up I will be using Skin Signals Cream and the lovely GHK cream on my face.

Still wondering what Girlicious was using CP's for???? It says all over the sight how potent they are. All recs are about starting slow.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Help! I want to apologize if this is discussed in this thread. I have read the entire thing, but it has been quite a while ago and I don't remember reading about this. I just signed in today but I have read here for years and actually was a contributing member at one time but cannot remember my screen name or password.

I have been using Super GHK copper from SB for about 3 weeks now. Am loving it! However, I have been waiting to finish up this to start on CP serum so that I can use the LacSal at the same time as the CP. I don't like having to separate them by 12 hours. But I wanted to start out on this to gently work my way up. Somebody here recommended moving up once you finish the bottle.

Now this morning I happened upon the section on Dr. Pickart's website pertaining to "models and actors" (which I am not either one!), and on there, he recommends using the Super GHK after applying the lacsal. At the same time. Grrr!

I am so confused now. So then you click on product information and of course it tells you that they need to be separated.

It is little inconsistencies like this that make me question everything.

I would appreciate any opinions, and I want to thank you all as you've helped me so much in my introduction to CPs and how to go about it. Been reading here a long time.

Here is the link to SB section I am referencing. Scroll down a ways to where he is recommending the CPs. Once again, sorry if you have discussed this and I somehow missed it or don't remember.

(shoot, I can't link yet. I found this information in the "Special Concerns of Models and Actors" section" at SkinBiology.)
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
PaigeM wrote:
......he recommends using the Super GHK after applying the lacsal. At the same time......(shoot, I can't link yet. I found this information in the "Special Concerns of Models and Actors" section" at SkinBiology.)

http://www.skinbio.com/modelsactors.html

I couldn't find the routine as you suggested.
PaigeM

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Summer,

Reading the page you linked, scroll down to where he is giving his product suggestions/descriptions.

Next to the Super GHK-Copper, this is written:

"The beauty of Super GHK-Copper is that it is both soothing and intense. The GHK products are strong enough to fight wrinkles and tighten skin while gently pampering the most sensitive skin – even around the eyes. This serum feels sensuous, light and elegant.

Apply light amount to entire face in the AM after exfoliating with LacSal Serum".
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:50 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:
So what is the conclusion? Which is better -- 1st generation or 2nd generation? I fell asleep reading the scientific jargon. Confused

The scientific jargon can be a bit much to take in all at once. Sometimes its better to assimilate it a tiny bit at a time. Wink

Dr Pickart has always said the 2nd generation is 'better' than the 1st gen (GHK). He designed the 2nd gen because the 1st gen was fragile and could break down when exposed to certain acids. The 2nd gen CPs can handle the exposure to acids and actually work well WITH them.

Its probably just best to try each one to see which one works best for YOU. The sample sizes Skin Bio offers are a good way to try different ones and they have combo packages too.

I've used 2nd generation CPs for a year and a half and they do exactly what Pickart says they do.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
PaigeM wrote:

Apply light amount to entire face in the AM after exfoliating with LacSal Serum".

I think your best bet is to send an email to skinbiology with your question. They or Dr. Pickart would be the best ones to answer!
PaigeM

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl, that's a good idea. I will go ahead and do that. If I hear back I'll report here, just in case anyone else is interested.

I'm sure it is just a mistake, since I've read over and over that they don't mix...but still I would like it clarified why it is on the site saying otherwise.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
PaigeM wrote:
Thanks rileygirl, that's a good idea. I will go ahead and do that. If I hear back I'll report here, just in case anyone else is interested.

Please do report back! I definitely would like to know if anything has changed with that recommendation!
PaigeM

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Will do rileygirl. I goofed and didn't mean to post this on this particular thread. It was another long thread on CPs I thought I was on. I had two windows open and did not do a proper check. Will post there.

Sorry.

(moderators please delete my posts on this thread if you feel that is best...I apologize!)
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Paige - I think Skin Bio is in desparate need of a website developer/proof reader. This is not the first area that has shown discrepancies. I'm sure they meant to say 'after applying LacSal in the evening'.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I have started using Copper peptides, I bought a tiny amount from skinactives and then added it to the canvas base cream. I think that makes it 1% copper peptides.

No problems or changes yet (after 2 weeks), I wanted to start really slowly which is why I am using the 1% mix.

The shop bought CP creams are also very expensive, which a good reason for me to try it DIY.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I've used CP Serum, a mild product, pretty much daily for going on 2 years. It works- it rebuilt my eye area and got rid of deep wrinkles under my eyes.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |