Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Careprost review & updates!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I more than agree on generics not "always" being the same. I too take "the real" name brand for certain issues due to that very fact!!

I can add, I've tried several of these various brands and find the all work about the same on me, only difference is one might take a bit longer than the other. I stopped due to discoloration on lids. But again name brand vs. generic can differ

I agree that this is sometimes the case with brand names and generics (even with some differing generics), we see it with various brands of RA while the "active" ingredient is the same the base is in some cases different.

People all react uniquely to those differences, so what works great for one can be terrible to another! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I would love to see your results with Lumigan and hope you will post here for all to see so that they may make see which product may work best for them.

From what I've read about Careprost and people having success with noticing thicker/darker lashes, it seems to be the people who have light eyelashes notice the most thickening. Maybe it's because they get darker and look thicker. I'm not sure.

Anyway, it'll be a while until/if I switch from Careprost to any other product. Not only do I still have my first bottle after almost 4 months, but I have two more bottles to go through. Smile

I am looking forward to taking my 16-week pictures and can't wait to post them to see what you all think.

Thanks for all the lovely compliments everyone!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Bethany, I would love to see your results with Lumigan and hope you will post here for all to see so that they may make see which product may work best for them.

From what I've read about Careprost and people having success with noticing thicker/darker lashes, it seems to be the people who have light eyelashes notice the most thickening. Maybe it's because they get darker and look thicker. I'm not sure.

Anyway, it'll be a while until/if I switch from Careprost to any other product. Not only do I still have my first bottle after almost 4 months, but I have two more bottles to go through. Smile

I am looking forward to taking my 16-week pictures and can't wait to post them to see what you all think.

Thanks for all the lovely compliments everyone!

remember too with ANY of these products, to gain thicker lashes, it might take a few "lash cycles", our lashes fall out, regrow ect., to see thicker lashes, longer you will see first, thicker can take alot longer to achieve!!!!

eta: some get super lucky and hit the lash growth cycle at the perfect time, and wala, new lashes sprout out at same time other are growing! Hence some faster results, at least IMO. Its like using the nono, some takes weeks on end to hit the growth cycle, some just get super lucky
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for giving me hope, Tiny! Thicker lashes...here I come. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thanks for giving me hope, Tiny! Thicker lashes...here I come. Laughing

Hi sandooch,

This explains the growth cycle of lashes and hair for that matter, on thing is to be aware of when you hit the phase where shedding happens as many find a massive drop of lashes all at once with the enhancers. It is best once you reach a goal to cut your usage back and just maintain! Smile

Eyelash Growth
Much like any hair on the body, your eyelashes go through a growth cycle. This cycle is made up of three clear phases: anagen, catagen and telogen. The length of time that a single lash remains in one of these phases varies from person to person, but you can expect the hair to go through all three before it eventually falls out.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/72424-eyelash-growth/#ixzz1wvcKe3Jg
http://www.livestrong.com/article/72424-eyelash-growth/

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, on the Careprost Facebook page they say that after 16 weeks you only have to use Careprost once a week to maintain results. Shock I was thinking every other day. I'm a bit nervous to go all the way down to only one time each week.

Before I started with RapidLash, I swear that it seemed I would find 2-3 eyelashes on my cheeks most days. After using RL for a while, I hardly ever found any fallen lashes. Then when I switched to Careprost, some lashes started to fall out again. Made me a bit nervous, I must say. But they soon stopped falling out, and now I can honestly say that in the almost 16 weeks that I've been using Careprost I can only remember seeing 2-3 lashes either on my cheek or in my sink. Amazing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Yes, on the Careprost Facebook page they say that after 16 weeks you only have to use Careprost once a week to maintain results. Shock I was thinking every other day. I'm a bit nervous to go all the way down to only one time each week.

Before I started with RapidLash, I swear that it seemed I would find 2-3 eyelashes on my cheeks most days. After using RL for a while, I hardly ever found any fallen lashes. Then when I switched to Careprost, some lashes started to fall out again. Made me a bit nervous, I must say. But they soon stopped falling out, and now I can honestly say that in the almost 16 weeks that I've been using Careprost I can only remember seeing 2-3 lashes either on my cheek or in my sink. Amazing!

It sounds like you had a good start to go on!

I have seen some who use it every 2-3 days for maintenance, I am sure you will find what works best for you. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
We must be on the same wave length right now. I was thinking of the hair growth cycle, and started a post yesterday,about how one's lashes would get thicker as one set of lashes stays longer and another set comes in. Then got interrupted, and lost it.

I wish I could show you a picture of the mom I met at a kindergarten tour a few years back. Her lashes were easily an inch long. And they were very clearly hers.

Crazy stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Suddenly I have images of women with little art things in their lashes. Tiny barrets and beads!

Come on, you KNOW you want to bead your lashes!

Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Suddenly I have images of women with little art things in their lashes. Tiny barrets and beads!

Laughing

Mine aren't quite there yet, Claudia, but that was too funny! Wink

I wonder if that woman with the 1-inch lashes had used any eyelash enhancing product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Laughing

Mine aren't quite there yet, Claudia, but that was too funny! Wink

I wonder if that woman with the 1-inch lashes had used any eyelash enhancing product.

Oh, I'm quite confident she did. No one has camel lashes. They were literally touching her eyebrows. I didn't ask. I just sat staring at her. Which was probably annoying. Although a bit much, they did look kind of cool.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Actually CE a very good freind of mine, has always had the most amazingly long lashes, I mean they are amazing!!! And this was long before any serums to enhance, so some woman really are born with them! Just few and far between Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Cross posting as I think some misinformation about growing new hair follicles has been spread lately:

An average person has an estimated 5 million hair follicles on his or her body and about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs on the scalp. You are born with the largest number of hair follicles you will possess in your lifetime. No new follicles are formed after birth.

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/skin-and-hair/the-hairy-truth

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Cross posting as I think some misinformation about growing new hair follicles has been spread lately:

An average person has an estimated 5 million hair follicles on his or her body and about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs on the scalp. You are born with the largest number of hair follicles you will possess in your lifetime. No new follicles are formed after birth.

But some woman do report growing more than one hair out of folicle at lash line Confused So I guess more can grow just not a folicle? Would that be right?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

But some woman do report growing more than one hair out of folicle at lash line Confused So I guess more can grow just not a folicle? Would that be right?

I think that would be rare, what happens is those tiny little fine baby hairs that are barely noticeable are encouraged to grow long, thick and dark!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:50 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I think that would be rare, what happens is those tiny little fine baby hairs that are barely noticeable are encouraged to grow long, thick and dark!

awww ok! well that makes sense, is that why some people claim thicker hair on head too! Baby fine grows out not as fine?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

awww ok! well that makes sense, is that why some people claim thicker hair on head too! Baby fine grows out not as fine?

Yes, you can not create any new follicles it is just a basic biological fact!

You can do things to make hair thicker and also extend time between fall out! Smile

Even just clogged follicles on the head if cleared of debris will help hair grow in thicker!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Arg! I did a huge long post, with pictures, and it didn't post. I hate it when that happens. Mad

Okay, gang, here is my last update with Careprost after 16 weeks of use, from no lashes at about a year and a half ago to a nice length today. All pictures are without mascara and no eyelash curler. Smile

Before any lash enhancer:
After 12 weeks of RapidLash:
After 4.5 week with Careprost:
After 8 weeks with Careprost:
After 11.5 weeks with Careprost:
And today, after 16 weeks with Careprost:

And a quick comparison from no lashes to BAM!

Needless to say, I'm pretty darn happy with this product and will be starting maintenence (twice a week) today.

And for those of you who may remember my other thread wondering if my lashes could ever get as long as my teenage daughter's lashes using Careprost, I think I actually surpassed hers in length, just not fullness. Razz What do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are neck and neck on length sandooch! Way to go!!!

Just like my daughters yours has those super dark lashes that really pop on their own, I think that makes for a fuller look.....darn genes skipping generations! Bad Grin

Yours look amazing! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
LOL...I will take neck and neck, DarkMoon. Thank you for your kind words.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
LOL...I will take neck and neck, DarkMoon. Thank you for your kind words.

It is true sandooch, it would need a photo finish ....and _____wins by a hair! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
BAM is right.

Amazing stuff!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I think yours are longer, only reason is your eyes are different, you have more upper lid than she does! EITHER WAY you both have beautiful eyes!! and lashes! Even though mine are long on their own, there pale Crying or Very sad without mascara I look lashless, with it I have them LMAO!

wheres the ruler, Laughing
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tiny! It probably helps that I'm looking slightly upwards. Wink

You know, lots of women with light eyelashes say that Careprost darkened theirs for them. Something to consider.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I think yours are longer, only reason is your eyes are different, you have more upper lid than she does! EITHER WAY you both have beautiful eyes!! and lashes! Even though mine are long on their own, there pale Crying or Very sad without mascara I look lashless, with it I have them LMAO!

wheres the ruler, Laughing

That is my issue also as I said before they look like little spider legs, you know the small house spiders with almost transparent legs! Laughing

I am hoping the ReLuma lash serum will darken mine up as it says!

I agree both sandooch and daughter have gorgeous lashes and eyes! Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |