Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Two week update - brow & eye lift
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am very happy with my results. I am sure it helps that this type of surgery is minimally invasive.

My eyelids still reflect some minor bruising and the eyes are puffy in the AM, exacerbated by current high levels of tree pollen.

My forehead and sides of my head are perfect, restored to the way I looked...I don't know? - 15 years ago? The incision lines are well hidden in my scalp, covered by hair.

I am no longer sporting the face shape of The Joker. My face shape is now mostly symetrical. I can smile with ease now - no lines, no sagging, no crows feet.

Going forward I am going to continue my religious use of retinoids, sunscreen, hormones and occasional peels and rolls.

I don't think I will need filler again for a very long time - my face is smooth and full all over.

I am going to give up the Botox/Dysport. I am convinced they contributed to the sagging in the upper face - hastened it due to my age...search around online - researchers are well aware that Botox and Dysport contribute to face sagging, unfortunately. When I see people getting it in their 30s, I have to wonder what that's going to look like when they get to their late 40s and the aging process comes on in full face.

My face is youthful, full, unlined, tight - except for the jaw line and chin area which still shows a bit of sagging. I will eventually have surgery on the lower half of my face.

I am convinced that for me this is the way to go...versus expensive unpproven lotions & potions, extensive fillers, Botox and laser treatments add up in $$ and surgery is competitive in price and makes the problem go away in a couple weeks.....and here's the thing -surgery is a sure thing. I realize some end up with poor results, but due diligence mitigates that risk.

Peace & Smiling Faces Smile

BFG
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am so happy to hear you are thrilled with the results, been thinking about you!! You were lovely before, and now with such great results, I can only imagine! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Did it take you a while to find the right doctor? Or were you already working with "the one" for basic skin care?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I am so happy to hear you are thrilled with the results, been thinking about you!! You were lovely before, and now with such great results, I can only imagine! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Beautifully said, Ava with wings! Congrats, again, BFG!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for keeping us update, and I'm glad to hear that you are loving your results.

Just curious, did you already try facial exercises for your lower half and maybe didn't get the results you were after?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi BFG,

I am also thinking of having these procedures, and I too am convinced my brow has lowered due to botox use, - I don't even get good results from botox.

I had a consult last week, and the surgeon explained that some people can react this way to botox, no matter how skillfully it is placed.

Did you have an endoscopic brow lift?
With regard to the upper eyes, I have really dry eyes, and they are irritated by the least thing which causes them to shrink and look sunken.

I'm really concerned an upper bleph may cause a similar reaction which may then be more permanent. Do you know from your research if this procedure can negatively affect the eye itself in anyway?

many many thanks

Jackie xx
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the comments.

Jackie, I do not know if bleph surgery can make dry eyes worse. It is listed as a temporary side effect, but it supposed to resolve over time. I sometimes get dry eyes in the wintertime when the air is dry...I found help through artificial tears and Ocusoft wipes.

If Botox isn't working for you...? If it were me, I would stop.

I was happy with the short term results, but the long term effects are not worth it to me...
I think this aspect of Botox should be better publicized.

Sandooch, I did not try facial exercise because when I looked into it, the info I read was conflicting (some claim improvement, others claim it worsened their appearance) and the proponents seemed hawkish and sketchy...but that's just my opinion.
Anyone here who's familiar with my posts can probably guess that would be my position. I am a tough critic of the beauty industry.

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I just want to add my congratulations, and say I am thrilled for you that all has turned out so well! Happy continued healing! You will just get better and better with time. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Very happy for you! You already looked so incredibly good for your age (and beautiful!!), now you must look absolutely stunning!!!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats! I'm happy to hear about your good results. Wondering how you found the doctor? Also if you don't mind sharing, what is the cost of the brow lift vs the eyelid surgery?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I found my doctor through due diligence...I asked here on this forum for recommendations on well respected cosmetic surgeons in my area (Wash DC), then I posed the same question on other beauty and cosmetic surgery forums, then I researched local sources for consumer reviews and professional ratings - when I gathered all the data and compared it, they pointed in the same direction:)

Also, Dark Moon was my first tip off here, so I thank her too.

Each procedure was around $2K - so together, $4K.

I have easily spent more than this in the past few years on fillers and Botox...so no more!

BFg
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:51 am      Reply with quote
So happy you are healing well and happy with the results.
The cost seems so reasonable compared to here in Australia! It's true by the time you pay for years of Botox and fillers, the surgery is a better option.

I would have a facelift in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I'm sure if I was to add up how much I have spent in the last 5 years alone I could probably have had a facelift!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
So happy you are healing well and happy with the results.
The cost seems so reasonable compared to here in Australia! It's true by the time you pay for years of Botox and fillers, the surgery is a better option.

I would have a facelift in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I'm sure if I was to add up how much I have spent in the last 5 years alone I could probably have had a facelift!!

I am so with you on that Bermie! Wink Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've reached an age where there is very little that means anything to me except the dearest members of my family and friends, my face and my overall health, so that's where most of my energy and resources go now.

I forgot to include the $800 fee I had to pay the anesthesiologist....she wasn't there very long. I am in the wrong career field! LOL. But seriously, I was put out for the procedure, so I know her role was important and I am sure she pays big $ for malpractice insurance given what she does for a living.

I know that I paid at least this much for Botox and fillers in the past 4 years. The only place where fillers can make a difference are the undereyes (my opinion and views, no nipping at my heels please!..)...and I think Botox needs to be limited for the reasons I discussed above.

BFG
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, BFG. I think that is a really good deal you got. I had asked a plastic surgeon in my area out of curiosity for the price of a brow lift, and it was over $5K, so I just said thanks but no thanks! $2K is definitely much more affordable, especially when you're getting an outstanding result. On the brow lift, do you recall if the doctor mentioned whether he had to attach an anchor for your skin to grab on to, so it will stay in place?

I agree that sometimes it's more economical to go for a surgery instead of all these temporary fixes like botox and fillers since the results last much longer. Also I just wonder how injecting these fillers and botox over a long period of time can be good for you.

Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi there,

I found my doctor through due diligence...I asked here on this forum for recommendations on well respected cosmetic surgeons in my area (Wash DC), then I posed the same question on other beauty and cosmetic surgery forums, then I researched local sources for consumer reviews and professional ratings - when I gathered all the data and compared it, they pointed in the same direction:)

Also, Dark Moon was my first tip off here, so I thank her too.

Each procedure was around $2K - so together, $4K.

I have easily spent more than this in the past few years on fillers and Botox...so no more!

BFg
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Mine was not one of the more extensive brow lifts...it was the simplest kind, a temporal brow lift (lifts only on the sides) you can research more about them online. I don't have the kind with dissolvable screws...

Oh I forgot to mention - I am now able for the first time in about a year and a half....make a smokey eye look again with eye makeup! I did that for about 30 years until about a year and a half ago when the hooded lids just sunk too far over my own.

yeah!! BFG
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
So there is no anchor for this type of lift like the regular brow lift? I was reading about a regular brow lift and it mentions "In this procedure, small anchors are used to secure the offending tissue once it's altered appropriately. Those anchors are tiny, but mighty. They'll keep your tissue under control for years. Because the incisions are smaller, this procedure is less invasive. You will experience minimal scarring and shortened recovery time."
http://www.medicinenet.com/brow_lift_cosmetic_surgery/article.htm

However, when I researched on the temporal lift as you suggested, I did not see any mentioning of an anchor used. It sounds like they just cut off some excess skin at the incision site, and sew your skin back up? Does that sound about right? A friend of mine had a temporal lift done, but she told me that she looked the same after just 3 months, and when she asked a doctor why that was, he said it was because the anchors were not used to hold the skin in place. I wonder if she was a unique case. Could you post an update after 3 months to let us know if your result stays the same at 3 months as it is right now?

Barefootgirl wrote:
Mine was not one of the more extensive brow lifts...it was the simplest kind, a temporal brow lift (lifts only on the sides) you can research more about them online. I don't have the kind with dissolvable screws...

Oh I forgot to mention - I am now able for the first time in about a year and a half....make a smokey eye look again with eye makeup! I did that for about 30 years until about a year and a half ago when the hooded lids just sunk too far over my own.

yeah!! BFG
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just chiming in to say 'YAY' to BFG... So glad you are happy with your results, and you're on the mend...

Good on ya kiddo, and thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:35 am      Reply with quote
yes, I will report back as time goes on...I do know that sometimes if expected results don't materialize, surgeons will often do another procedure to correct - so it sounds like that's what your friend may need? hopefully she brought this to the surgeon's attention at the time?

My incisions are quite wide - probably three inches long on each side?

I look at my surgeon as a combination of scientist and artist and relied on him to suggest procedures based on what I needed in particular to achieve the look I wanted (myself, but better)....maybe if my sagging was more pronounced or I was older and had significant wrinkling - he would have suggested something more extensive....not sure.

BFG
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow BFG! So happy to hear about your results.

I did not know that using Botox can cause sagging - that's a first for me. I wonder if the skill of the injector has anything to do with that?

Do you know how long your lift should last? At the price you paid, that is such a better deal than going w/ Botox & fillers.

Did you try any facial exercises or gadgets before going this route?

Or did you try rollers?

I would love to see pics, too. Are you sharing?

Sorry for the questions, but thanks for all the info you've given so far.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi foxe - BF mentioned that she does not feel comfortable with facial exercises.
I was not sure what surgeries BF had but now realize one was the temporal brow lift and assume the second was upper eye lift.

I didn't know botox caused sagging either. So glad to be off that boat.
I also didn't know about anchors for a brow lift - obviously no research on my part.

Anyway BF thanks for sharing and glad you are happy. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Really appreciate the personal share BFG and totally happy for you!! Glad it went well and you are aglow with great results Very Happy

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I don't have the time right now to dig up the more indepth articles, but here's a quick link that talks about scientists being aware that Botox, over time causes sagging of the skin:

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/12/botox_could_make_you_flabby.html

The link inside says the same thing. The same reports have emerged about Agiriline (spelling)?

...that anytime you relax a muscle over time, it causes it to sag.

People who make their living off of nonsurgical treatments will tout "noninvasive" like it's the better option and it is a better option for people who can't get time off from work to heal.

I think invasive works better, but that's me.
As I said above, the only exception I believe to this is fillers under the eye...don't want to sound like a broke record here.

Does anyone know if there is a professional organization for people involved in the facial exercise business?...you know, the kind that sets standards, offers certifications, etc.?

Thanks, BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Oh I forgot to mention. My doctors office will give me the before & after shots when I go to the one month out appointment. I can see about posting them after that.

Tks, BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:23 am      Reply with quote
What you said about botox makes so much sense to me anyway, if we think about muscles in general paralyzed muscle will eventually atrophy and that is not good.

I have used argireline with no ill effects, but I save it for special occasions not something I slather on, on a daily basis.

Looking forward to seeing an even more beautiful you in those pics! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi DM,

Thanks...

I am afraid the effects of muscle paralysis are cumulative Sad and likely worse for people past a certain age since the effects are exacerbated by the natural aging process. As I said before, I cannot imagine for those in their 30s, once they reach middle age - what the cumulative effects might be?

On a side note, it always amazes me how these things run in cycles and we don't know until years later the damage we were doing at the time...

sun bathing?
smoking?

you know the list goes on.

Oh well...have a great day! BFG
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |