Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Skin care trend: snail cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of Aqua Cell Snail cream in a Missha order. When I finally got the courage to try it, I liked it a lot. It smells wonderful! And the small sample left my skin feeling soft and moisturized for days. If you are new to the idea of snail cream, this is a good introductory article.

http://www.chasingelixir.com/skincare-trend-watch-snail-cream/
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Although she never got around to trying it, this was recommended to my mom during her radiation treatment after the cancer bit.

Sounded very interesting!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Although she never got around to trying it, this was recommended to my mom during her radiation treatment after the cancer bit.

Sounded very interesting!

I think if one can get past the thought of snail slime on the sidewalk if it is effective then why not! Very Happy

I always think of lipstick using Cochineal extract aka carmine made from crushed red beetles and we put that on our mouths!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I was happy to read the snails are not harmed. The Missha ones are even fed ginseng! It makes sense that the slime helps protect the shell.

Just another skin care adventure!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
7Destiny wrote:
I was happy to read the snails are not harmed. The Missha ones are even fed ginseng! It makes sense that the slime helps protect the shell.

Just another skin care adventure!

Yes the poor beetles have a much worse fate! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Darkmoon... Not just for lipstick...

Just heard about this I think last week???

http://gawker.com/5897463/thats-beetle-juice-in-your-vegan-frappuccino

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

OMG! I knew of it's use in processed foods, but a vegan drink?!? That is so wrong! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered some samples from Amazon of one to try:
Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream
We will see how it goes, but I am fascinated!
We have lots of snails at my house, which I am fond of. Since I am always moving them to keep them from harm/getting stepped on, maybe they can pay back a little good karma, haha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:35 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I just ordered some samples from Amazon of one to try:
Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream
We will see how it goes, but I am fascinated!
We have lots of snails at my house, which I am fond of. Since I am always moving them to keep them from harm/getting stepped on, maybe they can pay back a little good karma, haha.

That is so sweet, keep us posted once you give it a try. Very Happy

I am like you I don't even like stepping on an ant!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Marie Veronique eye serum which contains snail slime (ok Laughing ...technically it is listed as Helix pomatia (edible snail)).

It's a decent product, but fairly expensive ($80 for 1 oz). I won't repurchase, it just didn't do much. I do not have sensitive skin, but there is something in here that flushes my skin (turns it pink) for about 10 minutes after using. No harm done from it, but just odd.

http://mvorganics.com/by-function/repair/eye-serum

Here are the ingredients:
Camellia sinensis (green & white tea), Citrus aurantium bigaradia (neroli) hydrosol, Vitus viniferi (grapeseed oil, expeller-pressed), emu oil, Rubus idaeus (red raspberry seed oil), Euterpe oleracea (acai oil), Actinidia deliciosa (kiwi seed oil), Rosa Rubignosa (Rosehip seed oil), Argania spinosa (argan oil), vegetable glycerin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), kombucha extract, gotu kola extract, Gingko biloba extract, arabinogalactin, Coffea arabica (coffee fruit extract), n-acetyl glucosamine, niacinamide, Helix pomatia (edible snail), Dipotassium glycyrrhizate (licorice) extract, dimethylaminethanol (DMAE), gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA), guarana, Vacinnium myrtillus (bilberry extract), Vitamin K, Polypodium leukotomos (Calaguala fern extract), potassium sorbate, xantham gum, Cosmocil CQ*, lecithin, Lonicera japonica (honeysuckle), Rosemary oleoresin, Helichrysum italicum (helichrysum) essential oil, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) essential oil, Curcuma longa Rhizome (Curcuma) essential oil
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I've used the Marie Veronique eye serum which contains snail slime (ok Laughing ...technically it is listed as Helix pomatia (edible snail)).

It's a decent product, but fairly expensive ($80 for 1 oz). I won't repurchase, it just didn't do much. I do not have sensitive skin, but there is something in here that flushes my skin (turns it pink) for about 10 minutes after using. No harm done from it, but just odd.

Camellia sinensis (green & white tea), Citrus aurantium bigaradia (neroli) hydrosol, Vitus viniferi (grapeseed oil, expeller-pressed), emu oil, Rubus idaeus (red raspberry seed oil), Euterpe oleracea (acai oil), Actinidia deliciosa (kiwi seed oil), Rosa Rubignosa (Rosehip seed oil), Argania spinosa (argan oil), vegetable glycerin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), kombucha extract, gotu kola extract, Gingko biloba extract, arabinogalactin, Coffea arabica (coffee fruit extract), n-acetyl glucosamine, niacinamide, Helix pomatia (edible snail), Dipotassium glycyrrhizate (licorice) extract, dimethylaminethanol (DMAE), gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA), guarana, Vacinnium myrtillus (bilberry extract), Vitamin K, Polypodium leukotomos (Calaguala fern extract), potassium sorbate, xantham gum, Cosmocil CQ*, lecithin, Lonicera japonica (honeysuckle), Rosemary oleoresin, Helichrysum italicum (helichrysum) essential oil, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) essential oil, Curcuma longa Rhizome (Curcuma) essential oil

That is a long list to try and pick out what caused your redness!
Anything in there aside from snail slime you have never used on your face?

Escargot anyone? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

I've used most of the oils in the past. My hunch is that it is one of the extracts - a few are unique.

I do recall seeing a couple of reviews on the eye serum previously where others mentioned the flushing.

DarkMoon wrote:

Escargot is yummy IF you can get past knowing what you're eating!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

I've used most of the oils in the past. My hunch is that it is one of the extracts - a few are unique.

I do recall seeing a couple of reviews on the eye serum previously where others mentioned the flushing.

DarkMoon wrote:

Escargot is yummy IF you can get past knowing what you're eating!!

I adore Escargot ShastaGirl,

I am an adventurous eater and a garlic lover! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

OMG! I knew of it's use in processed foods, but a vegan drink?!? That is so wrong! Sad

Not a vegan drink - but it got the vegans complaining.

This line from the article gave me a chuckle:
Quote:
You can't win, Starbucks. Pump those bevy's fully of chemicals and the people are outraged. Switch to Mother Earth's walnut of the animal kingdom, and piss off all the vegans. Where your coffee brews, war shall follow.

You can't make everyone happy. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:28 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Not a vegan drink - but it got the vegans complaining.

This line from the article gave me a chuckle:
Quote:
You can't win, Starbucks. Pump those bevy's fully of chemicals and the people are outraged. Switch to Mother Earth's walnut of the animal kingdom, and piss off all the vegans. Where your coffee brews, war shall follow.

You can't make everyone happy. Laughing

That is really funny, so true you can't make everyone happy! Bad Grin

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I purchase some eye cream from a local Korean beauty products store. Not sure about the name of the product as it was written in Korean alphabet. It had snail slime in it and it did wonders to my dark ring. The effect is temporary though. I love the texture and the smell though and would use it any day.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I saw this being advertised on Univision, which is the Spanish tv station where I live.

However, I'm not sure how this actually works. It does seem pretty popular nevertheless.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I tried some samples and my skin did not like it! I broke out in little tiny bumps, ugghhh.
The smell wasn't bad and the texture slimey enough but not overly so, just did not agree with my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I visited Korea recently, and not a lot of time for beauty products shopping but of course I made some time to look around... That snail stuff was everywhere, in sheet masks and every imaginable product. Seemed like whenever I approached a counter the first word I heard was "snail".

At the time I'd never heard of snail products and it seemed a bit icky, so just picked up some pearl and ginseng sheet masks and a cream from Sulwhasoo... and the most beautifully packaged, fabulously bling lipstick I've ever seen from History of Whoo.

Hmmm... maybe I need to look into these snail products
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Since it's been a while, I thought I would bump this thread and ask if everybody is still having luck with snail products. Assuming you've been using them long term. Smile I've never tried snail mucin myself. Just curious. Thanks!
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I tried a sample from Missha I think. I thought it lived up to the hype if you get over the ick factor but if you used creams from the 70s, 80s they might have had placenta in it. Just another natural product as long as it's safe.

I quite liked it but with most Asian lines, it had that overly floral scent.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Mizon's snail recovery gel cream (in the little 45 ml pink tube) and it's pretty good. Nothing to write home about, but a nice cheap-y lite moisturizer that seems like it's doing some good. Smile
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Missha Aqua Cell Sanil Cream sounds something new to me and it interests me. I'll look for that and get more information before I give it a try.

I have read many interesting information and learned quite a lot that I did not know before. Thanks to EDS.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I use Tony Moly snail mask. It is quite good. Your It csn moisture your skin immediately after used.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |