Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
ReFa Pro (Microcurrent, Massager)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I've been searching for something to lift and tone for a while. I came across the ReFa Pro, which apparently is wildly popular in Japan. It makes some impressive claims... Anyone have any direct experience with it? I've been emailing an esthetician who sells it and here's what she says (I also asked her about the NuFace Trinity):

"Thank you for your question. I have been doing micro and Nano current
treatments for 7 years professionally for both face and body, it's
been a huge part of my business, what this offers that none of the
others do is that it is bring up blood flow but not just from the
current but because of the "massage" you can get from the ReFa. The
way you roll it over the skin you can flip it over and it "grabs" your
skin. so you get a gentle current, lymph drainage which helps
sculpting (jowls, neck and under eyes) plus so much blood flow, which
is so important to feed the skin!!!

On the face you will not bruise but for the body you don't want to
"Over do it" . My esty friends and I used the ReFa on our
thighs....WOW! I was so excited with how much blood flow I was
getting that I over did it in an area that wasn't used to getting that
much action:) and I bruised and so did my esty friend. But this was
a good sign to both of us! Another huge part of my career has been
doing blood circulating massage similar to endermology which you can
also bruise from as well, though these systems cost 20 to 30 thousand
dollars...the fact that this little hand held roller could bring that
much blood flow on the meaty part of my thigh, I was impressed.

With some of the other at home mirco treatments the currents are too
strong, particularly NUFace when the voltage is too strong for use
around the eyes and mouth, it means the unit does not self regulate
which means it will deplete the ATP instead of enhance the production
of it. Depleting it will cause faster aging so I don't mess around
with these types of products.

I hope this helps."

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Also, just FYI, another interesting microcurrent is the the BT-Nano, on sale right now (through Bio-Therapeutics - a lot of esthetician use this company).

You can see the YouTube video for the Nano here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UA21ADv6n0

And the ReFa Pro video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a-QdFfmUyQ&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL4B2264DB441287CB

--The BT-Nano is on sale now for $695
--The ReFa Pro is $320

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity,

could you, please, tell me where had you seen BT-Nano deal?

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Luminosity,

could you, please, tell me where had you seen BT-Nano deal?

TIA

Errr. I hope this doesn't double post... Didn't go through the first time...

Here's the email with Bio-Therapeutic's info. I can email the pdfs that are mentioned if you need them. (p.s. would love to know if you have seen the Nano in action? It's hard to find good reviews out there...)

"You emailed in with interest in our Bt Nano. I have attached a detail sheet on the unit for you.

We actually have it on sale now from $995 to $695. The shipping is included and the accessories for it.

I always recommend getting the product Restyfluid as it is a conductive agent and it says there is a DVD but there is not one.

Call me with any questions."

Debra

Debra Oster-Clinton
Sales Consultant
Bio-Therapeutic Inc.
2244 1st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134
P: 206.938.5800 ext 209
F: 206.938.0928
doster@bio-therapeutic.com www.bio-therapeutic.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much!

Both look quite interesting, so hard to decide...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Just to add more information (fuel to the fire!), I talked further with my fellow esthetician and here is further clarification about the ReFa Pro:

"I have seen lifting with this system so have the people that I work with even with one 20 min treatment. The key to healthy skin is consistency , day to day and with the ReFa another benefit is that you can take it everywhere no plugs or gels needed. They make it very easy to use it.

Buying 7,000 to 17,000 system (as I did for my business) that have a very sophisticated complicated wave forms to target specific tone and lifting to generate more cellular fuel can not be duplicated in a $350 system, so what they can not duplicate the Refa Makes up for in the design!!! It is offering the 3 key points to healthy skin 1. removal of toxins and extra fluid build up, this allows more sculpted look, 2. the amount of blood flow and massage is incredible, because you don't expect it to feel like it's grabbing your skin which is why I keep talking about it, this gives color, life and tone to the skin, also continued detoxing. 3rd you get a current plumping and toning that is being supported by the blood flow and the lymph drainage that no other system for home use has.

as a professional that has dedicated my time (totaling 24 years in the health and wellness industry) and career of 12 years in esthetics to learning how to best service my private clients some of which are celebrities that I am solely responsible for their face and body treatments, I believe and stand behind the ReFa for the best home care results. The other product would be to get an LED Light. These two will really work great together."

It looks so tempting... and yet I also have to ask how much facial exercises or massage might not approximate some of the ReFa's benefits? On the other hand, I am really bad at being consistent with the facial exercises. I know I could twirl this thing on my face and the ease factor is a huge draw!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Is the ReFa like a germanium roller except with electricity? I have the germanium and might have used a few times. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Is the ReFa like a germanium roller except with electricity? I have the germanium and might have used a few times. Embarassed

It looks like it does have germanium (check out the first post with the image). The "electricity" part is questionable... the solar panel seems to help produce the microcurrent (along with the rolling motion).

This is the second generation - the first one didn't have the more advanced design or techonology. Frodo, did you see any improvement from the use of your roller?

ETA: I wish cm or Foxe would chime in here! I would love those scientific minds to weigh in on this product!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Frodo wrote:

It looks like it does have germanium (check out the first post with the image). The "electricity" part is questionable... the solar panel seems to help produce the microcurrent (along with the rolling motion).

This is the second generation - the first one didn't have the more advanced design or techonology. Frodo, did you see any improvement from the use of your roller?

ETA: I wish cm or Foxe would chime in here! I would love those scientific minds to weigh in on this product!

I didn't use it long enough to find out, just about like all my other gadgets. I came across it the other day in the bottom of a drawer that I haven't been in for ages.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I actually posted this on skincaretalk.

http://ecobeautysecrets.com/2011/11/can-you-believe-shes-43-years-old/

This japanese lady is 43 but she looks so young. She's seen posing with the Refa roller in one of the pictures. I am unsure if she uses it though. It is being sold in my country and I read that it is very popular in Japan.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I actually posted this on skincaretalk.

http://ecobeautysecrets.com/2011/11/can-you-believe-shes-43-years-old/

This japanese lady is 43 but she looks so young. She's seen posing with the Refa roller in one of the pictures. I am unsure if she uses it though. It is being sold in my country and I read that it is very popular in Japan.

Thank you for the link... I've seen those pictures before and yes, she is a great advertisement for the roller! However, I agree with a lot of the comments in the article, I think 50% of her great skin is genetics. And the rest must come from the 5 hours she spends on skincare a day! LOL.

It would be fun to test out the roller just to see!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I wanted to mention that the product Nuface works on a low level, alternating current, ranging from 0-400 microamps. This output is significantly lower than other forms of electric therapy and reprograms muscles without contracting them so it is not too strong as someone stated in this thread. Like a fingerprint, every person has a distinct electrical signature and microcurrent works in harmony with that signature, balancing the body and dramatically increasing the production of ATP NOT depleting the ATP which supplies energy or life to the cells.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Great post luminosity...curious about this...

To answer a quetion/thought you had....In my experience, facial excercise and massage feels a bit like stemming the tide once you hit 50. They both served me well up until the past year or so... and although i got the lift, the skin was still aginging, despite my best efforts with product and diet....enter microcurrent...for me what the microcurrent has done that excercise/massage hasn't done is build collagen!! i can't speak to the "massage" part of this machine, but my results from professional microcurrent treatments leave me feeling that there is nothing more i need...
(okay,there's always more...)
I am also very interested in getting some definitve information on the Nuface Trinity. This is not the first time i have heard it exhausts the ATP. I have also heard that although they market it as a microcurrent, it is ACTUALLY a galvanic current --.

Anyone scientific enough (CM?) to take a nuface apart and see which current they are using?? Maybe some of us members can pool our money and get a definitive on this....???
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Moongoddes, thank you for that feedback. I became very lazy with facial exercises after not seeing a ton of improvement. However, I became more determined the last month or so. I keep seeing the slide and that extra skin under my chin. Oooooh nooooo.

That lead me to more seriously consider the ReFa Pro since it directly addresses the lower face via massage and (supposedly) some microcurrent as well. Especially since it might help me on those days I don't exercise my face.

But the price! Sigh. If it was half that, I would try it out. But it might be much better to save my money and invest in a good microcurrent machine (or wait for Nanci to release her new gadget). I am also intensely curious about the Trinity and Ezzi-Lift for that matter.

I recently emailed Sing-Hong (of the Ezzi-Lift) and point blank asked him what made the E-L better than say, the BT Nano or the LCL's Bio-Lift. I've been talking to other esthetician's and those are the names that often come up for microcurrent machines. He told me the Ezzi-Lift has a biofeedback feature that the other units don't have... He included an attachment of a testimonial from SpaBiz that raved about it.

I guess more research is needed... Nothing has swayed me even after literally hours of research...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I guess more research is needed... Nothing has swayed me even after literally hours of research

Yes,it is all very confusing -- and when our hard earned money is involved it doesn't leave us much room for err..

My best advise -- (though ultimately just more info to throw into the mix)....get a series of professional microcurrent treatments with the beautiful image machine before you purchase a home device. The results you get from this may negate the need for a home device and/or inform you differently in your search. good luck.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
I guess more research is needed... Nothing has swayed me even after literally hours of research

Yes,it is all very confusing -- and when our hard earned money is involved it doesn't leave us much room for err..

My best advise -- (though ultimately just more info to throw into the mix)....get a series of professional microcurrent treatments with the beautiful image machine before you purchase a home device. The results you get from this may negate the need for a home device and/or inform you differently in your search. good luck.

Thank you, Moongoddess! Perhaps when I can afford a series, that is the best route. After doing more research online today, I'm getting swayed towards thinking microcurrent is not significantly better than my FlexEffect 3rd Edition. The cross stretching seems like it will have a deeper effect than what a home microcurrent machine can give me.

This thread at RealSelf.com was particularly derisive against microcurrent as per the MDs who commented. http://www.realself.com/question/microcurrent-facial

However, I have definitely heard some wonderful feedback from Beautiful Image clients and it bears keeping in mind for when I can afford a professional series.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just bumping this since we have been discussing the Refa in another thread. Supposedly there have been 1 million units sold in Japan; I wish we could find more reviews online. Hopefully, if anyone else has tried it, they will jump in?

I'm still trying to understand: is this really microcurrent? It's supposed to be solar powered? Can anyone compare this to something like NuFace?

I really like how this looks for massage for the body. It looks like it glides perfectly over stomach, under arms, sides, etc..For face though, it seems you can only use it on the sides of the face and the neck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
I'm just bumping this since we have been discussing the Refa in another thread. Supposedly there have been 1 million units sold in Japan; I wish we could find more reviews online. Hopefully, if anyone else has tried it, they will jump in?

I'm still trying to understand: is this really microcurrent? It's supposed to be solar powered? Can anyone compare this to something like NuFace?

I really like how this looks for massage for the body. It looks like it glides perfectly over stomach, under arms, sides, etc..For face though, it seems you can only use it on the sides of the face and the neck.

I've been hoping Sigma could jump in and share her thoughts... Has she given a review in the other thread you mentioned? Last I heard, she was on the fence about it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
RyanA wrote:

I've been hoping Sigma could jump in and share her thoughts... Has she given a review in the other thread you mentioned? Last I heard, she was on the fence about it...

I don't think so Luminosity, I have not seen Sigma post in quite a while!

Good to see you back, it's been a little bit! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ryan -it needs light to charge. If dark it gets power from the lamp or light in room. You can use it all over yr face. I think you are supposed to avoid your eyes and mouth but user manual shows on yr cheeks and forehead which is where I think it messed with my "B"!!

You sometimes feel a tingle. It doesn't vibrate but it does kind of pull at the skin.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Luminosity wrote:
RyanA wrote:

I don't think so Luminosity, I have not seen Sigma post in quite a while!

Good to see you back, it's been a little bit! Smile

Darkmoon! I know I've been a litle mia... I needed to step back a little since being here was becoming way too time consuming, lol. I wanted to see if I could handle my skincare regimen without EDS holding my hand. Laughing Laughing

I can't stay away for long, so you'll see me pop up here and there soon. Very Happy

DebM, how long have you been using the ReFa and what do you mean about "I think it messed with my "B"!!" ???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Darkmoon! I know I've been a litle mia... I needed to step back a little since being here was becoming way too time consuming, lol. I wanted to see if I could handle my skincare regimen without EDS holding my hand. Laughing Laughing

I can't stay away for long, so you'll see me pop up here and there soon. Very Happy

I hear you on that, I had a long break not so long ago!

Just want to say you are missed around this crazy place! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lum - I've only had it about a month. I think i'm going to sell it because I think it messed with my botox and I pretty much want to keep it. Easiest way i feel to avoid a facelift!!!!!
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the double postings. Im typing this on a tablet and for me i should stick to my computer!
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
Sorry for the double postings. Im typing this on a tablet and for me i should stick to my computer!

No problem Very Happy Thanks for the feedback. I wondered about the ReFa... Definitely Botox must not be messed with! Way too spendy for that.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |