Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best program to use
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CS23
5% products discount

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone prefer one facial exercise program over another(i.e flexeffect or facercise) for muscle development.

Which one targets the muscles better?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 am      Reply with quote
This is going to be one of those impossible questions for anyone to answer because it will very much depend where a person starts from, what their goals are and their whole lifestyle gumo.

For me, I've done Facercise and whilst I still do one or two exercises I'm not completely blown away by it. I've also done Eva Fraser, Facial Magic and FlexEffect to name but a few and probably everything else out there, and have to say that FlexEffect remains one of my stables to go back to. I also intermix with other things though. At the moment I'm loving the Yumana ball workout on the face, feels so relaxing and gives my face an immediate lift.

For muscle development though, can't remember but someone was saying that if thats a goal you need to work the muscles and no amount of visualisation of energy can do the same as applying resistance to a muscle and moving it. GO FIGURE!
CS23 wrote:
Does anyone prefer one facial exercise program over another(i.e flexeffect or facercise) for muscle development.

Which one targets the muscles better?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi CS23 Smile,

There are lots of differing opinions out there. A good place to start is

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

which has links to many of the main threads on facial exercises. I'd recommend reading through those thread rather than hoping people will chime in here because that question has been asked a lot already and over time people tend to be less responsive over time. So you're more likely to get better responses by looking back on some of the older threads.

In general, I tend to tell people that the facial exercise programs with the greatest followings on EDS over the years are FlexEffect, Loulou's Ageless If You Dare, Carole Maggio's Facercise, and Carolyn's Facial Fitness.

Other common but less cited programs that some people like are Facial Magic, Facelifting Through Exercise, Eva Fraser's Facial Fitness program, Rawesome Flex, Tom Haggerty's program, Happy Face Yoga, and Rose Tran's facial yoga program. I hope I haven't forgot any of the big ones here.

After going through that information or if you can narrow down what you are looking for a program (e.g., short vs. comprehensive, particular areas of the face, toning vs. building), then let us know and I think we can be even more helpful. Hope this gets you started Smile

5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Hi CS23 Smile,

There are lots of differing opinions out there. A good place to start is

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

which has links to many of the main threads on facial exercises. I'd recommend reading through those thread rather than hoping people will chime in here because that question has been asked a lot already and over time people tend to be less responsive over time. So you're more likely to get better responses by looking back on some of the older threads.

In general, I tend to tell people that the facial exercise programs with the greatest followings on EDS over the years are FlexEffect, Loulou's Ageless If You Dare, Carole Maggio's Facercise, and Carolyn's Facial Fitness.

Other common but less cited programs that some people like are Facial Magic, Facelifting Through Exercise, Eva Fraser's Facial Fitness program, Rawesome Flex, Tom Haggerty's program, Happy Face Yoga, and Rose Tran's facial yoga program. I hope I haven't forgot any of the big ones here.

After going through that information or if you can narrow down what you are looking for a program (e.g., short vs. comprehensive, particular areas of the face, toning vs. building), then let us know and I think we can be even more helpful. Hope this gets you started Smile

Wow, thanks for the info. I am more interested in the muscle building programs. I have always had a thin face, and would like to build muscle in the cheek area.

For 4 months, I tried a variety of exercises such as the cheek developer(facercise) and others from youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMJX0xIWj-w&feature=relmfu). I also used other exercises for the nose, chin and jawline.

Unfortunately, i didn't see any growth in my muscles. That's why I'm asking which programs are meant for muscle building.

thanks
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Ah, okay, great. Then to help narrow down your search more, if you want a program that focuses on muscle building, then I would steer you towards FlexEffect, Ageless If You Dare, and Facial Magic, Carolyn's Facial Fitness, and Facelifting through Exercise as your short list of programs. And I think that when building is the primary goal, most people on EDS tend to go for FlexEffect or Ageless over the other ones listed above, with maybe CFF and Facial Magic coming in 3rd and 4th place (my best guess). Here is a rundown of the programs I mentioned:

FlexEffect: Includes more than 50 different exercises targeting all areas of the face. Includes the most extensive set of adjunct techniques including massage, skin and bone remodeling techniques. The most comprehensive program out there. 12 and 24 minute programs (or you can do your own). Support available through forum with trainers. My personal favorite program by far...love it Smile

Ageless: 10 core exercises focusing on the cheeks, eyes, and neck, plus a handful or so of additional exercises. Includes massage. Major Pro: short 5 minute routine with a 2 day cycle, focusing on muscles that tend to be most problematic. Con: Doesn't include exercises for all muscles of the face. The one caveat about Ageless is that the business practices there leave a bit to desire, but recently it seems that people have been ordering that program without any problems. No support available.

* Carolyn's Facial Fitness (CFF) has a very extensive website with lots of information. It's definitely worth a read through. I think her program involves 20-25 exercises done in 15 minutes. Her program incorporates an interesting massage-like element into the exercises, from what I understand. Carolyn gives a lot of support personally, so gets rave reviews on that.

* Facial Magic: If my memory is correct, I think someone once told me that the program has something like 14 exercises, but I could be totally off base. You use gloves during the exercises. Sorry, don't know a lot about this one.

* Facelifting through Exercise: Not sure how many exercises. A couple to a few people who have tried this program really like it, but it is an older program in that there isn't a critical mass of people doing the program today, as the creator is no longer around.

HTH Smile

5% products discount

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Ah, okay, great. Then to help narrow down your search more, if you want a program that focuses on muscle building, then I would steer you towards FlexEffect, Ageless If You Dare, and Facial Magic, Carolyn's Facial Fitness, and Facelifting through Exercise as your short list of programs. And I think that when building is the primary goal, most people on EDS tend to go for FlexEffect or Ageless over the other ones listed above, with maybe CFF and Facial Magic coming in 3rd and 4th place (my best guess). Here is a rundown of the programs I mentioned:

FlexEffect: Includes more than 50 different exercises targeting all areas of the face. Includes the most extensive set of adjunct techniques including massage, skin and bone remodeling techniques. The most comprehensive program out there. 12 and 24 minute programs (or you can do your own). Support available through forum with trainers. My personal favorite program by far...love it Smile

Ageless: 10 core exercises focusing on the cheeks, eyes, and neck, plus a handful or so of additional exercises. Includes massage. Major Pro: short 5 minute routine with a 2 day cycle, focusing on muscles that tend to be most problematic. Con: Doesn't include exercises for all muscles of the face. The one caveat about Ageless is that the business practices there leave a bit to desire, but recently it seems that people have been ordering that program without any problems. No support available.

* Carolyn's Facial Fitness (CFF) has a very extensive website with lots of information. It's definitely worth a read through. I think her program involves 20-25 exercises done in 15 minutes. Her program incorporates an interesting massage-like element into the exercises, from what I understand. Carolyn gives a lot of support personally, so gets rave reviews on that.

* Facial Magic: If my memory is correct, I think someone once told me that the program has something like 14 exercises, but I could be totally off base. You use gloves during the exercises. Sorry, don't know a lot about this one.

* Facelifting through Exercise: Not sure how many exercises. A couple to a few people who have tried this program really like it, but it is an older program in that there isn't a critical mass of people doing the program today, as the creator is no longer around.

HTH Smile

Thanks a ton Smile. Have you tried Rose Tran's yoga facial toning. I read somewhere that sister sweets saw good results in her cheek area using the program?

btw, i especially liked your post in "Reps/ Sets in Facial Training vs Body Training." Even though I was training for maximum muscle growth, I was using very high rep ranges. So instead of exercising for growth, i was only toning. Maybe that's why i didn't see any growth in my cheek area.

Also, do you use the cheek developer from facercise? If you did, did you notice any muscle improvements?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CS - I think the results from Rose are more isometric in nature than 'concentric. I did FlexEffect for a few years - faithfully. I felt like my face ebbed and flowed Laughing ... Had some good effects - blood flow and massage being part of it but overall effect was sometimes "off".
Rose Trans exercises are more in static positions, rather than being dynamic through a range of motion. For that reason they may be less "building" but oddly with the building exercises of flex effect I had less actual fullness than I achieve with Facial yoga. I also use some products that give my face fullness.

Agelesssexy70 has an exercise that incorporates dynamic tension and absolutely provides a lift and fullness. You will want to experiment. it's really the only way. I've tried several programs - faithfully with full commitment to results and have a few favorite flex effects and a few favorite Facercise and love all of Rose Tran's.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |