Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Skinceuticals Redness Neutralizer -- anyone tried it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
birgit

Thu May 03, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
It claims to change the way your face responds to flushing stimuli if you have rosacea, "reducing redness by as much as 30%". I'm skeptical of pretty much any product that claims to reduce redness, but Skinceuticals is a reliable line. Of course it's expensive (though at $65 pretty reasonable compared to their other products), so thought I would check here to see if anyone has been using this and seen results before I invest another 8 wks of my life trying something that doesn't work. It was just recommended to me by an esthetician as a replacement for prescription Finacea (which I'm using for blemish and redness control). Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Does Finacea work for you? If it does why switch? I haven't used the SC product but IMO it would not replace Finacea. I'm not a fan of products that use mystery ingredients "NeuroMed Complex"...just say what it is! This also contains shea butter which would likely not be great for your blemishes.

If you are looking for something to reduce redness I would check out Replenix CF serum or cream. Many dermatologists are a fan of this product and it gets great review on MUA.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used it because the skin care brand that I am sticking with has a similar product and I would get that if I need it.
birgit

Sun May 06, 2012 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ha, "Neuromed Complex"! That's actually what led to my posting on this particular product. I'm normally inclined to pass up products w/mysterious miracle ingredients, but SC has been fairly reliable for me.

The Finacea works, I think. After 2 yrs. of use, I maintain a slight reduction in redness and it's OK but not perfect for blemishes. It doesn't seem to do anything to control hormonal breakouts. I'm thinking of switching because it's not fantastic, it's expensive, and I'm concerned about dryness. Using both the Finacea and Renova (doc looooves the Finacea), I'm seeing some texture improvements but seem to still have more fine lines. I really want to add some exfoliation back into my routine but don't want to overdo it.

The Replenix sounds really interesting, though, and the reviews are great. Thanks for the suggestion -- would I use this in addition to the Finacea?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Finacea is good for rosacea and mild acne. It wont help hormonal breakouts.

I currently use both Finacea and Replenix CF. For me one doesn't replace the other,as Replenix CF wont do anything for preventing pimples.

How are you using Finacea and Renova? Alternating nights? or AM and PM? The Renova base isn't the best choice if you are breakout prone.
birgit

Mon May 07, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Do you notice good things w/the Finacea/Replenix combo? F&R -- I use a.m. and p.m. My doctor recommended that I use the R as my night cream, but after several weeks of this my skin looks a bit crepey and pulled/saggy on the surface, especially around the eyes, despite feeling firmer and more even in general. It's returning to normal after adding a moisturizer on top of the R at night, but is was not fun to go through. Would love to ditch the very high priced Renova for a generic, but I thought the base was needed for sensitive/dry skin. Maybe I should switch to a generic plus the Replenix and a good moisturizer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Between the Finacea and Replenix CF I definitely noticed a reduction in redness and mild rosacea has been clear.

What you describes is typical for Tretinoin usage. Many give up before they get past that dry/crepey stage. The Renova is a more emollient base then the generic tretinoin cream but it may work just fine for you.
birgit

Mon May 07, 2012 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |