Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Nothing personal Dr. J, but I am hoping this product does not work for anyone! I just did the math on buying this product every six weeks for a year and OMG the cost is $2,666.00 or so. If it only lasted a month, the cost is $3,720.00. Crying or Very sad

It generally lasts 6-10 weeks depending on usage. Cellese plans a significant loyalty discount to users who stick with it. Glad you revealed your "wish" so I could mention that.

I would be very interested in a loyalty programme. I have no problem is "treating" myself to something - but I do have a problem with paying out a significant amount of money on a regular basis once the "instant gratification" feeling has left me.

Couldn't agree with treating myself more, but if I understand this type of product correctly, it can take months, perhaps a year to show significant results, or was I reading all this wrong?

I agree that it would probably take twelve months to see any real definitive change to skin health. I'm tossing up with maybe the money would be better spent on a laser treatment. But even laser treatments work on the principal of the more the better.

Bethany, a Visia analysis might be useful - I'm a little disappointed that Cellese hasn't bothered to do something like this.

Having done Fraxel previously, I am a little leary of more lasers....I think it may have cooked my melasma and made it more resistant to exiting. Sad But for some people I think lasers may definitely be the path to faster results.

I think the last time I did Visia before and after a product trial, I gave it 3 months and did saw a significant difference. (results are posted somewhere here on EDS) The product line was ZO Skin Health (retinol based), which is no longer available direct to consumers. Unfortunately, my derm that had the equipment also closed down, so I will have to find a new place.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. J, since you were able to divulge the percent of retinol in the accelerator would it be possible for you to divulge the percent of niacinamide in the serum? TIA

I think it's doing wonders to the brightening of my skin.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
foxe wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Nothing personal Dr. J, but I am hoping this product does not work for anyone! I just did the math on buying this product every six weeks for a year and OMG the cost is $2,666.00 or so. If it only lasted a month, the cost is $3,720.00. Crying or Very sad

I did the math too, and came up with the same numbers. this one is WAY too expensive for my taste. And I spend a lot of $$ on skin care products. Wink

You guys are speculating but don't have all the facts. BTW, you belong to a special (to me at least) "cohort" - the online community. The company sells the vast majority of its products through professional channels - dermatologists, spas, and estheticians. , There are several programs being designed especially for this cohort. I mentioned loyalty. There is also an affiliate program. They are additive. I can't give out numbers yet but you guys are not even in the ball park. So stop worrying about the cost of liking the product or becoming addicted. The better you like it, the less it could cost. Try to get that offer from your local drug dealer!

Is the loyalty program only applicable if you buy both products or will there be a deal if you just buy the serum as well?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Interesting stuff. I have an autoimmune disease (AS), along with related skin conditions, etc. In order to keep my AS under control, I need to take an NSAID daily. It would be good to see how I fare with Ante Age.

Still waiting to be able to use a UK billing address (they're trying but are experiencing problems with setting it up at the moment). As soon as I am able, I shall give it a try and report back.

DrJ wrote:

Autoimmune disorders are marked by a hypersensitive immune system. Indeed part of how they mediate their effects is via cytokines.

Cytokines can promote would healing by regeneration, or by scarring. With automimmune disorders, healing tends to be scarring. One cytokine in particular, fibroblast growth factor (FGF) beta-1 has a role in creating fibrosis (bad collagen, scar like) in many organs, including lung. Fibrosis and sclerosis (scarring) is often a component of AI disorders. There is a lot of work going in looking at factors that affect cytokine patterns to ameliorate autoimmune disorders. I read a paper recently about autoimmune encephalopathy involving cytokine manipulation for benefit.

Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder, and we are aware of one person with a mild case who has used our serum with good results.

Rosacea is not classically autoimmune, but does represent a sun "hypersensitivity" involving inflammatory cytokines. Our own Dr. George has serious rosacea which he swears is cured by our products. He recently skipped his daily AnteAGE for 4-5 days, and it flared for the first time since he had started. Within a day or two of restarting it faded away again.

We cannot recommend our products to treat any disease, but offer this to help understand the inner working of cytokines.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Still waiting to be able to use a UK billing address (they're trying but are experiencing problems with setting it up at the moment). As soon as I am able, I shall give it a try and report back.

Dr. J - Paypal is the answer to your problems here!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:02 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
majorb wrote:

Exactly, an added benefit to the consumer is not having to input your CC info on multiple web sites. That can be an invitation for our nasty little hackers out in cyberland!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
majorb wrote:

Good thinking, bethany! Very Happy
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
bethany wrote:
majorb wrote:

Good thinking, bethany! Very Happy

Good thinking indeed. We should have it set up within the next 24 hours.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:
foxe wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I did the math too, and came up with the same numbers. this one is WAY too expensive for my taste. And I spend a lot of $$ on skin care products. Wink

You guys are speculating but don't have all the facts. BTW, you belong to a special (to me at least) "cohort" - the online community. The company sells the vast majority of its products through professional channels - dermatologists, spas, and estheticians. , There are several programs being designed especially for this cohort. I mentioned loyalty. There is also an affiliate program. They are additive. I can't give out numbers yet but you guys are not even in the ball park. So stop worrying about the cost of liking the product or becoming addicted. The better you like it, the less it could cost. Try to get that offer from your local drug dealer!

Is the loyalty program only applicable if you buy both products or will there be a deal if you just buy the serum as well?

Hi jom. Individual or bundle. Any product.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:40 am      Reply with quote
bethany,

Could you give us a ballpark estimate of the cost of Visia analysis?

Also..anyone, I understand it to be a before/after type of analysis, to reveal the extent of photodamage?

Thanks, BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
bethany,

Also..anyone, I understand it to be a before/after type of analysis, to reveal the extent of photodamage?

Thanks, BFG

BFG, there was previously no cost for me, but we'll have to see how a new derm handles it for me.

Here is an overview of the the tool:
http://www.visia-complexion-analysis.com/visia-complexion-analysis.asp

Here are my previous results from almost 4 years ago:

1st analysis:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=406406&highlight=visia#406406

2nd analysis:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=399026&highlight=visia#399026

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
bethany,

Just talked to the place I will be going...it is $60 for the analysis, but that cost is waived if you purchase products or have any type of service done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 am      Reply with quote
A quick observation in regard to eczema - I get eczema patches on my hands during wintertime (am located in Alberta, Canada) with handwashing aggrivating it further... and I do a lot of that due to the number of baby diapers I change in a day!

When my AnteAGE products arrived 4 days ago (I ordered both the serum and accelerator), I tried them on my hands first. Wasn't intending to use them regularly on my hands, I had simply done that when I opened the package to get a 'feel' for the product. In short, I was amazed at how much better my hands felt (not itching) and looked (marked decrease in red, scaly patches). Applied the product again that night and was delighted in the morning - in my opinion, it worked as well as my topical corticosteroid cream (0.1% Prevex B, mild prescription strength). Really very pleased!

Glad to hear there might be a loyalty program down the road, as given how well it worked I might be tempted to use it regularly on my hands during wintertime.

Enjoying it on my face too, with no irritation or breakouts, skin feels calm and hydrated. I did try using the accelerator + serum during the day but found it a bit much when combined with my sunscreen and cosmetics. Nightime I use both, but daytime is serum only.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
A quick observation in regard to eczema - I get eczema patches on my hands during wintertime (am located in Alberta, Canada) with handwashing aggrivating it further... and I do a lot of that due to the number of baby diapers I change in a day!

When my AnteAGE products arrived 4 days ago (I ordered both the serum and accelerator), I tried them on my hands first. Wasn't intending to use them regularly on my hands, I had simply done that when I opened the package to get a 'feel' for the product. In short, I was amazed at how much better my hands felt (not itching) and looked (marked decrease in red, scaly patches). Applied the product again that night and was delighted in the morning - in my opinion, it worked as well as my topical corticosteroid cream (0.1% Prevex B, mild prescription strength). Really very pleased!

Glad to hear there might be a loyalty program down the road, as given how well it worked I might be tempted to use it regularly on my hands during wintertime.

Enjoying it on my face too, with no irritation or breakouts, skin feels calm and hydrated. I did try using the accelerator + serum during the day but found it a bit much when combined with my sunscreen and cosmetics. Nightime I use both, but daytime is serum only.

Thanks for reporting in myamax. Sounds like you're having great results!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Hi jom. Individual or bundle. Any product.

Great! I'm enjoying the serum a lot!
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:

Note to Dr J Re: Future product development ... how about a nice hand cream or body lotion?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Note to Dr J Re: Future product development ... how about a nice hand cream or body lotion?

I was thinking about that myself last night....aging hands are an eyesore!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
myamax wrote:

Excellent idea. A lot of trial users found it worked great on neck, decolletage, hands, and arms. Several had marked vitiligo that reversed with AnteAGE. We have a body product in the pipeline that can actually bathe in (as well as apply as a lotion).

BTW - Can I get you good folks to help us make a list of priorities for product line expansion? We have preliminary work going on for an the lotion/bath, an eye cream, a lip balm, a facial scrub, and a new kind of peel ("what if you could peel and heal simultaneously?"). What would you all like to see (and in what order?). TIA
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
How about a product that is easy that addresses Plaque Psoriasis?
One of my pig headed sons is lazy about treating his! I can't say I blame him with the messy group of products he has been prescribed.

A Body leave on product would be awesome if affordable!

Can we also have a thread on all auto immune diseases, maybe in the lounge? I have questions regarding internal treatment?

EDIT:

1) Eye Cream that won't irritate (I haven't braved the products on my eyes)

2) Body Product leave on

Could you elaborate on a peel that heals? Sounds intriguing?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

BTW - Can I get you good folks to help us make a list of priorities for product line expansion? We have preliminary work going on for an the lotion/bath, an eye cream, a lip balm, a facial scrub, and a new kind of peel ("what if you could peel and heal simultaneously?"). What would you all like to see (and in what order?). TIA

Hard to choose - it all sounds so good. I'm really curious about the peel, sounds interesting, do tell more please. After that my preference would be the body/hand cream and I think they should both contain retinol and niacinamide. How does it work that you can apply it as a lotion and bathe in it? Then the facial scrub, eye cream and last the lip balm.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
How about a product that is easy that addresses Plaque Psoriasis?
One of my pig headed sons is lazy about treating his! I can't say I blame him with the messy group of products he has been prescribed.

A Body leave on product would be awesome if affordable!

Can we also have a thread on all auto immune diseases, maybe in the lounge? I have questions regarding internal treatment?

EDIT:

1) Eye Cream that won't irritate (I haven't braved the products on my eyes)

2) Body Product leave on

Could you elaborate on a peel that heals? Sounds intriguing?

Peels are pretty simple minded. Apply acids of various strengths and types to the skin to kill the outermost layer of cells. This forces your skin to produce a new layer which will be smoother and will rid of some blemishes and spots. The lighter you are to start with the better, as people of color are at risk of healing in a blotchy fashion pigment wise.

AnteAGE signals cells to mobilize a healing response, even if no injury (which is roughly rejuvenation). If injury is present, it amplifies the natural process of healing (which diminishes with age). It works at the dermal level as well as epidermal.

In one sense these two effects are antagonistic, but at another are complimentary. Since the whole idea of doing damage (peels, dermarollers, lasers, dermabrasion, etc) is to induce healing, then AnteAGE can help. Theoretically it makes you skin responsive as though you were younger (back when you had a larger stem cell population). So healing should be quicker, less chance of any scarring (micro or macro), more infrastructure amplified (collagen & elastin). And because it seems really good at evening coloration, it may prevent the tendency for peels to blotch.

To support the hypothesis, you can occasionally find studies (e.g. peel or laser) showing responses across age ranges. Results are generally better in younger subjects (even though there is more work to be done for older faces, so you would think the delta would be greater).

Accelerate healing from a peel? Allow you to tolerate "stronger" peel with less discomfort and less "down time"? Shorten time between peels? Amplify the effect of a peel?

This is all just theory at the moment, with the occasional anecdote. We plan to study this all soon.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Hmm, why a separate eye cream? What purpose would it serve?

I vote for a facial exfoliator, one that can be used by anyone (meaning even with sensitive skin - best I have used so far is the ZO exfoliating polish)first. Then the lip product for those of us with chronically dry lips.

How about a nice cleanser?

The peel sounds interesting in theory.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Excellent idea. A lot of trial users found it worked great on neck, decolletage, hands, and arms. Several had marked vitiligo that reversed with AnteAGE. We have a body product in the pipeline that can actually bathe in (as well as apply as a lotion).

My priorities would be (1) a body lotion and (2) a hand/foot cream. While some of your trial participants may have used your products on their neck, decolletage and arms, they didn't have to pay for them (your serum and accelerator are somewhat expensive). I also think they may have been from a slightly different demographic than most of us. After the trial, they may have continued to use your products on areas other than the face but that gets expensive for the average consumer. I am guessing (hoping?) a body lotion and hand cream would be more economical.

I don't use a separate eye cream (I don't have eye issues), and I am guessing your current products are probably fine to use around the eyes anyway (since they don't contain any fragrance). But some women do like a separate product for that area, particularly those with dark circles, bags, lines, and dryness. What issues would you expect your eye cream to address?

The lip balm is an interesting idea; would it be a pigmented product? Personally I prefer a lip treatment with no colouring otherwise I tend to view the product as makeup (consumer perception does matter)! Men may not like a pigmented lip treatment; they are potential customers too (although fewer in number than women).

I don't do chemical peels, so I can't really comment on that product. I don't use bath/shower products or facial scrubs that contain "actives" simply because they are short-term contact end up going down the drain. Besides, they and are usually more expensive. I save my cash for leave-on products; I'm a very simple consumer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DrJ wrote:

I vote for a facial exfoliator, one that can be used by anyone (meaning even with sensitive skin - best I have used so far is the ZO exfoliating polish)first. Then the lip product for those of us with chronically dry lips.

I will be brave and use the Anteage on my eyes tonight and if no irritation and tearing I would drop the eye cream off my list! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Hi rg, the idea with the eye cream would be to supply cytokines along with added anti-bag, anti-circle ingredients in something more creamy than serum.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |