Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
PMD
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
Tiny wrote:
I also want to add, microdermabrasion has been around for many years now. I would think, or at least this is my reasoning on forging ahead, that if awful side effects later on were to be seen, we'd be seeing them by now from thousands if not millions of users, who have had these treatments.

Good point. Maybe it's the use of daily facial brush that would be more damaging in the long run than periodic microdermabrasion... With the latter, the skin should at least have enough time to heal prior to the next treatment... correct me if I'm wrong.

You are suppose to do PMD only once a week, so your right there, they say to do that is so your skin can heal. But a sonic brush, at least mine is not spinning, its a different type of cleaning, so again not sure its causing the same type of damage a spin type brush would do.

I hope that helps, again I am not the wisest brain in the room on any of these issues, its just how I've answered these very questions for myself.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
yay! I received my PMD today, 6 days earlier than the date shopnbc gave me; you were right DarkMoon! I ll use it over the weekend just in case I end up with some zaps & bruising.. ans yes Tiny, I am going to watch the video before, lol... thank you!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
yay! I received my PMD today, 6 days earlier than the date shopnbc gave me; you were right DarkMoon! I ll use it over the weekend just in case I end up with some zaps & bruising.. ans yes Tiny, I am going to watch the video before, lol... thank you!

LOL.

I am glad their shipping seems to be fast and mine was not a fluke!

Watch the DVD and just as Tiny advised keep the tip moving! Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
daler wrote:

LOL.

Watch the DVD and just as Tiny advised keep the tip moving! Very Happy Very Happy

yes, I ll.. btw, I used the Vaculifter 3 times in the last one week... it's like a little devil sucking the life outta my face..hopefully it's good! very powerful suction! so far I just notice a little toning of my jaw line but too early to tell... may be I had some fluid retention and VL took care of it... I am lil bruised already cause of VL.. I had to keep on moving that too...
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
daler wrote:

LOL.

At least if you hurt yourself, we can blame it on the vaculift Wink !!! Ok kidding, but go slow, well not with the machine, keep that baby moving.

yes, I ll.. btw, I used the Vaculifter 3 times in the last one week... it's like a little devil sucking the life outta my face..hopefully it's good! very powerful suction! so far I just notice a little toning of my jaw line but too early to tell... may be I had some fluid retention and VL took care of it... I am lil bruised already cause of VL.. I had to keep on moving that too...
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
lol...yeah,keep it MOVING! I ll post an update after I use it!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I want to get one of these - it sounds like it would work great for those pesky blackhead my oily skin likes to get.

daler - I tried your coupon code, but it's already defunct. I've never shopped at shopnbc before, how did you get a coupon?
daler wrote:
Ok, I just couldn't resist anymore!!! I would not had believed the reviews if it were on some commercial website but I respect the reviews here at EDS! just placed my order for PMD and since it was my 1st order via shopnbc I was able to use a coupon for 15% off, here is the coupon if someone wants to use it: Take 15% off your first order. Enter promo code 8508 at checkout.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure if it is still valid foxe but here is the code daler posted.

daler wrote:
Ok, I just couldn't resist anymore!!! I would not had believed the reviews if it were on some commercial website but I respect the reviews here at EDS! just placed my order for PMD and since it was my 1st order via shopnbc I was able to use a coupon for 15% off, here is the coupon if someone wants to use it: Take 15% off your first order. Enter promo code 8508 at checkout.

I was looking for a derm abrasion system for a long time, so it's worth trying! I got myself out from buying the nu brilliance and that diamond tip stuff at nanci's but had to buy the PMD!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I want to get one of these - it sounds like it would work great for those pesky blackhead my oily skin likes to get.

daler - I tried your coupon code, but it's already defunct. I've never shopped at shopnbc before, how did you get a coupon?
daler wrote:

foxe, I just googled " shopnbc and coupon codes", I do it almost every time I place an order on any website and most of the time I get lucky.. so when I googled it, many pages came up and this coupon code was on a page of shopnbc website itself.... may be they change it frequently.. so just try googling it... i hope you find one!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone not sure, you can go to the PMD website and there is a slew of information, from videos, to video testimonial, I just saw all this when I went to see what new disks cost (out of curiosity from Ms. Wisteria's post, there 14.95 for very few, 2 big, 4 small) So we did get a great savings with the extra disks thrown in.

http://www.personalmicroderm.com/

I also think EDS sells the extra tips.

Darkmoon, I did notice the blue disks are for "sensitive", green for "medium" and red are "course".

I find the blue pretty powerful, but should we be using the green Confused I am definitely not "sensitive". But having made "opp's" with the blue alone Rolling Eyes
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2012 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
For anyone not sure, you can go to the PMD website and there is a slew of information, from videos, to video testimonial, I just saw all this when I went to see what new disks cost (out of curiosity from Ms. Wisteria's post, there 14.95 for very few, 2 big, 4 small) So we did get a great savings with the extra disks thrown in.

http://www.personalmicroderm.com/

I also think EDS sells the extra tips.

Darkmoon, I did notice the blue disks are for "sensitive", green for "medium" and red are "course".

I find the blue pretty powerful, but should we be using the green Confused I am definitely not "sensitive". But having made "opp's" with the blue alone Rolling Eyes

I have stuck with the blue for face and green for body with no oops, so I am in no hurry to jump up! I think those are powerful enough and I am not sensitive either! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I thought thats what you'd say Cool
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I thought thats what you'd say Cool

LOL. She does know me too well! Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
foxe wrote:

daler wrote:

foxe, I just googled " shopnbc and coupon codes", I do it almost every time I place an order on any website and most of the time I get lucky.. so when I googled it, many pages came up and this coupon code was on a page of shopnbc website itself.... may be they change it frequently.. so just try googling it... i hope you find one!

Thanks for the info on googling the coupon (sometimes the easiest things are not easily 'seen').

It didn't work for me the first time I tried it, but it did after I cleared my cache. It'll be here by next week's end.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
daler wrote:
foxe wrote:

daler wrote:

Thanks for the info on googling the coupon (sometimes the easiest things are not easily 'seen').

It didn't work for me the first time I tried it, but it did after I cleared my cache. It'll be here by next week's end.

Great! I am planning on using my PMD tonight for the 1st time!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Just did my very 1st PMD treatment! Thank you Tiny for repeated saying " keep it moving" . I can see now why people could leave it at a spot even for a second n it can result in a burn, however I am all fine!!! It was v simple.. I started with my forehead, just in case I screwed up... and then cheeks and rest.. now I just have a slight feeling, like tingling or something.. I used the blue attachment...
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 4:03 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Just did my very 1st PMD treatment! Thank you Tiny for repeated saying " keep it moving" . I can see now why people could leave it at a spot even for a second n it can result in a burn, however I am all fine!!! It was v simple.. I started with my forehead, just in case I screwed up... and then cheeks and rest.. now I just have a slight feeling, like tingling or something.. I used the blue attachment...

Good!!! I started right under my eye, upper right cheek, bad move me, lmao!! Its not that scary as were making it, it is just powerful, I think a good spot to start might be back of hands for 1st time. Then when one does face, they already have it down. I don't want all thinking it will rip their face off, it wont, but there is a learning curve.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
daler wrote:

Good!!! I started right under my eye, upper right cheek, bad move me, lmao!! Its not that scary as were making it, it is just powerful, I think a good spot to start might be back of hands for 1st time. Then when one does face, they already have it down. I don't want all thinking it will rip their face off, it wont, but there is a learning curve.

o yes, it's very easy to use... just keep it moving!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Tiny wrote:
daler wrote:

We all sound like school teachers herding kids to the lunch room....Keep It Moving! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
daler wrote:
Tiny wrote:
daler wrote:

We all sound like school teachers herding kids to the lunch room....Keep It Moving! Laughing

LMAO!!! well I do want to say, ITS NOT THAT SCARY REALLY!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
daler wrote:
Tiny wrote:
daler wrote:

LMAO!!! well I do want to say, ITS NOT THAT SCARY REALLY!!!

LMAO. No it is not, I guess I am fast with my hands, I haven't managed any oops! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
so far 2 treatments, and skin feels smooth to touch and pores visibly minimized! no affect on the dark spots yet but I have high hopes! It has only been 8 days! Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
so far 2 treatments, and skin feels smooth to touch and pores visibly minimized! no affect on the dark spots yet but I have high hopes! It has only been 8 days! Wink

Awesome daler I assume no oops since you keep it moving? Laughing
It will take time for the fading to happen, I was bad and used it way more than suggested at first, but am backing off to once (maybe twice) a week! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
daler wrote:

Awesome daler I assume no oops since you keep it moving? Laughing
It will take time for the fading to happen, I was bad and used it way more than suggested at first, but am backing off to once (maybe twice) a week! Very Happy

lol, yes, keeping it moving! and no oops! twice a week would be too much for my skin, even though its tough but I just don't want to push it and give it enough time to recover...
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had good success on the dry skin on the heels of their feet? I've tried Cure, pedi egg and others but don't seem to be making much progress. Sad

Tue May 21, 2024 1:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |