Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Can a Cream really create LASER "like" results?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Recently a few skincare Companies have come out with products claiming to create LASER LIKE RESULTS ON THE SKIN, without the laser Confused Is this even possible?

example:

Isomers: Relysage, its brand new and sounds like a lot of hype.
http://www.shopnbc.com/ISOMERS_RELYSAGE_Wrinkle_Liberator_1_86_oz/301-402.aspx?storeid=1&sc_fm=Recommendations-ProductPage_1
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I would highly doubt it! Topical skin care can only do so much. Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 am      Reply with quote
having a look at the ingredients (and no I am not a chemist) I am having a hard time seeing what would replicate a laser treatment? Plant Stem Cells....hmm

INGREDIENTS:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Glucosamine HCl, Algae Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Tricalcium Phosphate, Morinda Citrifolia Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Cell Extract, Isomalt, Sodium Benzoate, Argania Spinosa Sprout Cell Extract, Rhododendron Ferrugineum Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Lactic Acid, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I am with both of you, seems impossible to me, but these are the claims being made, they were even showing pictures of the skin without the cream, and skin with the cream on. The skin with the cream on was lit up "RED" like a laser Rolling Eyes
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I am with both of you, seems impossible to me, but these are the claims being made, they were even showing pictures of the skin without the cream, and skin with the cream on. The skin with the cream on was lit up "RED" like a laser Rolling Eyes

OMG, that is too funny about the pictures, what some will pull to sell a product! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

OMG, that is too funny about the pictures, what some will pull to sell a product! Laughing

Memo to self:

I MUST STOP WATCHING THESE SHOWS
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Memo to self:

I MUST STOP WATCHING THESE SHOWS

LOL. I did that back in my late 30's-early 40's and bought way to many things that ended up doing nothing! I found a few gems in all the junk but what an expensive way to learn! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Actually I just watch late at night, if I can't sleep. I just have to remind myself to stop believing what they claim!!!!!!!!!!! They make it all so tempting, marketing at its finest Very Happy
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Dermadoctor has a product that claims to produce laser like results. I've not used it, but it gets good reviews. It's been written up in some magazines as well.

http://www.dermadoctor.com/best-sellers/photodynamic-therapy-lotion-spf-30.html

Claims that noni fruit extract is activated by the sun and converts to 648 nm light.

Also has chemical based sunscreen in it.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Dermadoctor has a product that claims to produce laser like results. I've not used it, but it gets good reviews. It's been written up in some magazines as well.

Claims that noni fruit extract is activated by the sun and converts to 648 nm light.

It's noni, folks. How many MLM schemes of you seen with this botanical wonder? Stem, fruit, whatever. Oh boy. How many decades has that been around looking for a disease it wishes it can cure?

FEBS Lett. 1999 Feb 12;444(2-3):173-6.

Stimulation of ultraviolet-induced apoptosis of human fibroblast UVr-1 cells by tyrosine kinase inhibitors.

Hiwasa T, Arase Y, Chen Z, Kita K, Umezawa K, Ito H, Suzuki N.
Source

Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan. hiwasa@med.m.chiba-u.ac.jp

Abstract

Damnacanthal is an anthraquinone compound isolated from the root of Morinda citrifolia (noni) and was reported to have a potent inhibitory activity towards tyrosine kinases such as Lck, Src, Lyn and EGF receptor. In the present study, we have examined the effects of damnacanthal on ultraviolet ray-induced apoptosis in ultraviolet-resistant human UVr-1 cells. When the cells were treated with damnacanthal prior to ultraviolet irradiation, DNA fragmentation was more pronounced as compared to the case of ultraviolet irradiation alone. The other tyrosine kinase inhibitors, herbimycin A and genistein, also caused similar effects on ultraviolet-induced apoptosis but to a lesser extent. Serine/threonine kinase inhibitors, K252a, staurosporine and GF109203X, rather suppressed the ultraviolet-induced DNA cleavage. Immunoblot analysis showed that pretreatment with damnacanthal followed by ultraviolet irradiation increased the levels of phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinases and stress-activated protein kinases. However, the other tyrosine kinase inhibitors did not increase the phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases but stimulated phosphorylation of stress-activated protein kinases. Consequently, the ultraviolet-induced concurrent increase in both phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinases and stress-activated protein kinases after pretreatment with damnacanthal might be characteristically related to the stimulatory effect of damnacanthal on ultraviolet-induced apoptosis.

Translation: extract of noni root increases cell death (apoptosis) upon stimulation by UV light. Does this sound like an anti-aging effect?
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Before embarking on any lasers, please google: Laser Damage and Side Effects. There are a lot of horror stories out there -- myself included.

Lasers can cause horrific damage if not done correctly or if you are particularly sensitive, etc.

My skin was way better before laser was performed on my skin and people always commented that I had great skin. I alternated with MD Formulations (glycolic acid) and Retin-A -- so personally I think these types of products, if used conservatively, and always use sunscreen for day can and do produce better results than laser.

I think it was Keliu who last year posted a report by maybe Choice magazine that listed the skincare items that are proven to produce real results and that list of about 5 products included Retin-A (probably at number 1) and glycolic acid, I think it also included Vitamin C, but I cant recall the other items on the list.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Glamcat wrote:
Before embarking on any lasers, please google: Laser Damage and Side Effects. There are a lot of horror stories out there -- myself included.

Lasers can cause horrific damage if not done correctly or if you are particularly sensitive, etc.

My skin was way better before laser was performed on my skin and people always commented that I had great skin. I alternated with MD Formulations (glycolic acid) and Retin-A -- so personally I think these types of products, if used conservatively, and always use sunscreen for day can and do produce better results than laser.

I think it was Keliu who last year posted a report by maybe Choice magazine that listed the skincare items that are proven to produce real results and that list of about 5 products included Retin-A (probably at number 1) and glycolic acid, I think it also included Vitamin C, but I cant recall the other items on the list.

Thanks for that! I have heard horror stories on Lasers, I've also seen fabulous results on others, but I will heed your advice and not risk it. I've just added glycolic acid to my nightly cocktail, praying for a miracle Cool. Nearing 50 years old is NOT for the faint of heart.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

It's noni, folks. How many MLM schemes of you seen with this botanical wonder? Stem, fruit, whatever. Oh boy. How many decades has that been around looking for a disease it wishes it can cure?

FEBS Lett. 1999 Feb 12;444(2-3):173-6.

Stimulation of ultraviolet-induced apoptosis of human fibroblast UVr-1 cells by tyrosine kinase inhibitors.

Hiwasa T, Arase Y, Chen Z, Kita K, Umezawa K, Ito H, Suzuki N.
Source

Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan. hiwasa@med.m.chiba-u.ac.jp

Abstract

Damnacanthal is an anthraquinone compound isolated from the root of Morinda citrifolia (noni) and was reported to have a potent inhibitory activity towards tyrosine kinases such as Lck, Src, Lyn and EGF receptor. In the present study, we have examined the effects of damnacanthal on ultraviolet ray-induced apoptosis in ultraviolet-resistant human UVr-1 cells. When the cells were treated with damnacanthal prior to ultraviolet irradiation, DNA fragmentation was more pronounced as compared to the case of ultraviolet irradiation alone. The other tyrosine kinase inhibitors, herbimycin A and genistein, also caused similar effects on ultraviolet-induced apoptosis but to a lesser extent. Serine/threonine kinase inhibitors, K252a, staurosporine and GF109203X, rather suppressed the ultraviolet-induced DNA cleavage. Immunoblot analysis showed that pretreatment with damnacanthal followed by ultraviolet irradiation increased the levels of phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinases and stress-activated protein kinases. However, the other tyrosine kinase inhibitors did not increase the phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases but stimulated phosphorylation of stress-activated protein kinases. Consequently, the ultraviolet-induced concurrent increase in both phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinases and stress-activated protein kinases after pretreatment with damnacanthal might be characteristically related to the stimulatory effect of damnacanthal on ultraviolet-induced apoptosis.

Translation: extract of noni root increases cell death (apoptosis) upon stimulation by UV light. Does this sound like an anti-aging effect?

I wish I could understand what you said here Confused But I take it, its garbage would about sum it up.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm amazed at the claims that cosmetic companies make.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 11:09 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

Anything for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

It is scary. They talk circle around you and before you know it your so confused, you believe all of it and then wonder why you have 80000 jars of miracles in your cabnet Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

It is scary. They talk circle around you and before you know it your so confused, you believe all of it and then wonder why you have 80000 jars of miracles in your cabnet Laughing

LMAO Get ear plugs! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

Yes, they love to talk in jargon.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DrJ wrote:

I wish I could understand what you said here Confused But I take it, its garbage would about sum it up.

Here's the entire study if you're so inclined;

http://www.sld.cu/galerias/pdf/sitios/mednat/stimulation_ultraviolet.pdf

It's always best to study up, so you don't have to rely on the *jargon* from anybody. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Tiny wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Here's the entire study if you're so inclined;

http://www.sld.cu/galerias/pdf/sitios/mednat/stimulation_ultraviolet.pdf

It's always best to study up, so you don't have to rely on the *jargon* from anybody. Wink

Thank you Kassy,

I sadly tend to dive in head first, then search around once I've done it all ass backwards and hurt myself Rolling Eyes
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Did I see it right and does Genistein (soy isoflavone) has a similar, though lesser, effect?
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes, you mean soy isoflavone is toxic and can kill cells too? Shock

(pressed for time to read the study article)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Yikes, you mean soy isoflavone is toxic and can kill cells too? Shock

(pressed for time to read the study article)

This is in plain English maybe a help although it is about food consumption:

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy-alert/soy-isoflavones-panacea-or-poison

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm becoming so sick of reading that EVERYTHING is bad for us. It doesn't matter what we're discussing, someone has always got a horror story. But what are you supposed to do? Avoid everything and stay indoors in case the sky falls? I was listening to the radio today and they were interviewing a young girl (an athlete) who was walking up a flight of steps - she fell and broke her back and became a paraplegic. My own mother died sitting up in bed, she choked on a grape.

So the best advice I can give everyone today is don't walk up steps and don't eat grapes in bed!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Vampires have excellent skin - they spend their days away from sunlight! But there are some disadvantages to that too Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |