Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Actives Vitamin C Serum 20% Ascorbic Acid (L), pH 2
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you. Totally missed that!

Don't feel bad Riley, I missed it too! Laughing

Thanks for setting us straight Kassy!

Wed May 09, 2012 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but have been reading lots of posts while looking for info on all kinds of skin care questions. I, myself, have recently ordered the new SA C serum and powder which I think is a great idea. Just started using it three days ago. Really like it so far. Hope that it will be good for my skin. Never realized that C did so much for collagen, etc. until reading here on the forum. I am impressed with all the great info I have found here. Has anyone else been using it for longer than me? I realize it is new but was just curious what it did, if anything, for anyone else. Thanks. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2012 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Danushka wrote:
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but have been reading lots of posts while looking for info on all kinds of skin care questions. I, myself, have recently ordered the new SA C serum and powder which I think is a great idea. Just started using it three days ago. Really like it so far. Hope that it will be good for my skin. Never realized that C did so much for collagen, etc. until reading here on the forum. I am impressed with all the great info I have found here. Has anyone else been using it for longer than me? I realize it is new but was just curious what it did, if anything, for anyone else. Thanks. Very Happy

Welcome! Very Happy

I usually make my own but for the sake of testing it out I just purchased the kit (so reasonable).

I am about to "trial" it and I will let you know how it compares to my C serum that I know works for my skin!

I only received mine yesterday but, I do like the ingredients in the serum!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Danushka wrote:

Welcome! Very Happy

I usually make my own but for the sake of testing it out I just purchased the kit (so reasonable).

I am about to "trial" it and I will let you know how it compares to my C serum that I know works for my skin!

Please do post your review on the SA C serum when you will have used it for some time. Thank you!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Danushka wrote:

Welcome! Very Happy

Please do post your review on the SA C serum when you will have used it for some time. Thank you!

Absolutely, Will do after I have used it for a while! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah darkmoon I would love to see a review too. I actually mix my LAA powder from skin actives, or osmosis (I have both) to my osmosis replenish antioxidant serum, sometimes to my aloe vera serum. I wonder if it does a similar thing or if Im just stuffing up the PH.??
Confused
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Danushka wrote:

Welcome! Very Happy

How do you like it initially? I can always tell if a C is doing something from first application, is that true for most? TIA
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Danushka wrote:

Welcome! Very Happy

How do you like it initially? I can always tell if a C is doing something from first application, is that true for most? TIA

Hi Tiny,

I first have only tested the serum without the added C powder to get a feel (a friend wants to know) and honestly it had a bit of a tacky feel, however once I applied my other products over it the tacky feeling dissipated instantly.

Now I need to mix the two together and see how that alters the feel of the serum (if it does) and I will know how it works as my skin does respond to LAA in a positive way.

I promise I will report in after I use it mixed tomorrow! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks! My skin actually flushes when I use a C that is working. Or at least I think thats whats causing that. Confused
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Many thanks! My skin actually flushes when I use a C that is working. Or at least I think thats whats causing that. Confused

I just get that "glow" from using my C serums, but remember my skin just never reacts! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I just get that "glow" from using my C serums, but remember my skin just never reacts! Laughing

Ok glow is better word, I used the wrong word, its a rosey color my cheeks get. Which I doubt I even had as a child Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2012 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Ok glow is better word, I used the wrong word, its a rosey color my cheeks get. Which I doubt I even had as a child Laughing

No that is just your word, I can defiantly tell if it is working so I will report in as soon as I use it in the morning! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Any updates yet on what you think about this product DM? It looks interesting. However I am concerned about the essential oils and photo sensitivity issue. Shock What was the conclusion on that? That there aren't enough to be a problem or what? I feel like it's kind of a huge risk to take when dealing with things like melasma, freckling and rosacea... Confused
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Given that many people find L-AA serums of pH ~3 irritating and that the pH scale is logarithmic and that much irritation/ inflammation is invisible, I'd be more worried about the pH than the essential oils and about the limiting effect it would have on the rest of your skincare routine. I don't see the point in using a product with the same pH as lemon juice, when there are gentler yet effective forms of vitamin C to bolster your daily L-AA 'dose' if you are so inclined.

Argh I missed part of this post before posting my question in the other thread. Sorry Firefox! So you would recommend a PH level of about 3 for sensitive types? Do you know of any Vitamin C serums around that PH? I guess I could also DIY one.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 10:42 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:

Argh I missed part of this post before posting my question in the other thread. Sorry Firefox! So you would recommend a PH level of about 3 for sensitive types? Do you know of any Vitamin C serums around that PH? I guess I could also DIY one.

No just not highly acidic nor highly alkaline for sensitive skin, pH 3 is pretty acidic. You could definitely DIY using MAP or AA2G forms of vitamin C, neither of which need a highly acidic pH and both have proven efficacy. MAP recipe at pH ~7.7 http://www.skincaretalk.com/a/map-serum-10
AA2G recipe at pH ~5.5 http://www.skincaretalk.com/a/aa2g-serum

Ready made MAP, have not tried this but the ingredients look good and Devita generally get reviewed positively
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/devita-skin-brightening-s-p_14018.htm

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 10:52 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Firefox7275 wrote:
Given that many people find L-AA serums of pH ~3 irritating and that the pH scale is logarithmic and that much irritation/ inflammation is invisible, I'd be more worried about the pH than the essential oils and about the limiting effect it would have on the rest of your skincare routine. I don't see the point in using a product with the same pH as lemon juice, when there are gentler yet effective forms of vitamin C to bolster your daily L-AA 'dose' if you are so inclined.

Skinactives has an antioxidant serum with MAP:

Product Catalog / Antioxidant Serum with Glutaredoxin and SOD (CHAS)

1/2 oz. is $13.25
1 oz. is 25.25

Not bad for trailing and has very nice ingredients!

http://www.skinactives.com/Antioxidant-Serum-Glutaredoxin-SOD.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both! Very Happy
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 6:02 am      Reply with quote
You can also get Tetra C from lotioncrafter.com

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
You can also get Tetra C from lotioncrafter.com

BFG

That is where I buy mine! Very Happy

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/tetrahexyldecyl-ascorbate-BV-OSC.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Very Happy I'll have to have a peek at that site. I don't think I've looked at that one yet!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:05 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Thanks Very Happy I'll have to have a peek at that site. I don't think I've looked at that one yet!

While there are many suppliers I do like Lotioncrafters, fast shipping and great CS! Smile

You know where to find the listing of suppliers on the recipe index, in the DIY forum?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I haven't looked at that yet! I should though. I've got a large list of what I need for DIY supplies. I think I'll end up having to order from a few different places. I really liked that scale you showed me from Skinactives. And then I need various other things. I'll be ordering several shot glasses to use for my ingredients. (Maybe one for myself during DIYing LOL JK) I've seen pictures of people DIYing and I wonder where they got those little hand mixers and stir stick things?!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:17 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
I haven't looked at that yet! I should though. I've got a large list of what I need for DIY supplies. I think I'll end up having to order from a few different places. I really liked that scale you showed me from Skinactives. And then I need various other things. I'll be ordering several shot glasses to use for my ingredients. (Maybe one for myself during DIYing LOL JK) I've seen pictures of people DIYing and I wonder where they got those little hand mixers and stir stick things?!

Try to find as much as possible in one place, but I end up ordering from a few sources, most suppliers have those mixers under equipment. I bought a few from Lotioncrafters. I get my shot glasses for DIY at the dollar store! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Yay thanks DM! Now I can get a little hand mixer! And the dollar store is a fantastic idea for shot glasses Very Happy I didn't think of that! I might have a peek on ebay too Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 1:28 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Yay thanks DM! Now I can get a little hand mixer! And the dollar store is a fantastic idea for shot glasses Very Happy I didn't think of that! I might have a peek on ebay too Very Happy

If you are like most of us you will break a few along the way so the cheapies work for me! Laughing

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |