Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
How can I prevent my lotion from balling up?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I started using a hydroquinone cream a couple of months ago and am seeing great results. I was mixing it with my prescription Retin-A cream (as instructed by my derm) and all was good. Now that it's heating up outside I'd like to switch to my prescription Retin-A gel (the cream is too rich for my skin in the summer), but it doesn't apply well with the hydroquinone cream. I've tried mixing them together, but it makes it pretty gooey and balls up upon application. I've also tried applying the Retin-A gel first, waiting half an hour or so, and then applying the hydroquinone, but it still balls up. Does anyone know how I can use these together without having them ball up? Or does it even matter if they ball up? Am I still getting the same effectiveness of both products? TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like the ingredients of each preparation are incompatible, if one is repelling the other you are unlikely to get the same benefit. Can you apply them at different times of day? What has your dermatologist advised?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2012 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I haven't spoken to my derm about this issue, but I'll ask. I could go back to the Retin-A cream since they mixed well, but I've had issues with the cream in the summer in the past... I may not be able to continue with the hydroquinone either, and just use the Retin-A gel for the summer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
If your doctor told you to mix the two together, then I would ask the doctor because they should know what is compatible.

As for buying your own skin care products, I do worry about this being a problem. I am trying to stick with the same brand.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
As for buying your own skin care products, I do worry about this being a problem. I am trying to stick with the same brand.

The hydroquinone is actually part of a kit that I bought (Skin Tx). It came with a retinol cream to use with the hydroquinone, but since I was already using Retin-A (cream at the time of purchase - I usually switch to gel in the summer), my derm suggested I skip the retinol and use my Retin-A. I don't want to lose the effectiveness of either product, so maybe I'll actually switch to the retinol cream that came with the kit, as long as it doesn't become too greasy in the summer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Are you using the recommended pea-sized amount of your Retin-A cream? That would contain relatively little oil.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I do use just a pea sized amount of Retin-A. I have to admit that I haven't used the cream in the summer for quite some time (I just automatically switch to the gel since my skin tends to be on the oily side and I have prescriptions for both), so maybe now that I'm "older" I might be fine with it. I definitely notice that the gel seems too drying in the winter...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |