Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Pigmentation and wrinkles! Should I try Osmosis
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kirstya
5% products discount

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am ready to change my skincare range and looking for some advice. I am 35 and have been using 302 for about 2 years. It has done little for me in terms of reducing my pigmentation or assisting with anti-aging. I should add my sister has been using the line for the same length of time and couldn't be happier! I was using Obagi Blender with PSF Night Repair and it completely cleared my pigmentation although of course it is only whilst using the products. I am however breastfeeding and planning to have another baby at some stage so using the Obagi Blender again isnt an option.

I have done some research on Osmosis and thought that perhaps trying Boost, Enlighten and Refresh Eye would be the way to go. There dont seem to be recent reviews on EDS but the old posts mention oranging of the skin... Eeeek! The products use retinaldehyde which I understand is in between retin a and retinol. Rationale is another skinline which seems to use the same principles as Osmosis.

Does anyone have any recent experiences with these lines that suggest it would assist with the issues I am having with my skin? Or any other direction I should go in.

Thanks.
Skintuition

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
*edited to remove self-promotion*

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly is in the Catalyst that it repairs DNA? And, how is it able to give the SPF 15? Would love to hear some information on this product.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
What exactly is in the Catalyst that it repairs DNA? And, how is it able to give the SPF 15? Would love to hear some information on this product.

I would love to hear about this myself, information that is?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:20 pm      Reply with quote

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Skintuition wrote:

So are you using this or just happen to sort of know about it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Skintuition wrote:

So are you using this or just happen to sort of know about it?

SKINTUITION.....
Yes, I would like to know this too! I started a post very recently asking for any reviews on Catalyst as I am very interested in trying it!! I just want to be sure it really does what it promises since it is such an expensive serum.

Also, your comment on real time DNA repair, offering the UVA protection and that when it runs out you just add more...how do you know when it runs out? Is there a time frame, like one application gives you SPF protection for 12 hours ....how long does it take to break down/stop working? When do you know that you need to apply more? Was there a specific article you read, could you supply the link? I would love to read more on this!
How long have you been using it? What benefits have you seen? Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Skintuition wrote:

Skintuition, where did you receive that document if you don't mind me asking? (I am thinking not from Osmosis, as it says "they" don't have access to the independent study that was performed.) Just curious if this was from a place selling the Catalyst or not?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skintuition, where did you receive that document if you don't mind me asking? (I am thinking not from Osmosis, as it says "they" don't have access to the independent study that was performed.) Just curious if this was from a place selling the Catalyst or not?

Bump on that, I would like to know as well if you don't mind. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Bump on that, I would like to know as well if you don't mind. Smile

Triple that! I have been watching this product, but didn't want to bite the bullet until I saw more info.

Can I also ask where you are purchasing your Catalyst? I would prefer to purchase from the same place if they are so forthcoming with valuable info!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
As Riley noted on the original Catalyst thread, here is an incomplete (?) list of the ingredients:

Quote:
Water, Calcium Ascorbate, Alchohol Denate, Proline, Glycine, Glycerin, Lysine HCL, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Zinc Gluconate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Copper Gluconate, Silica, Clear Purified water, enhanced with the following frequencies: Fibroblast Growth Factor, Keratinocyte Growth Factor, Oxygen, ATP, Antibacterial

I believe this comes from a review from Marta at Truth in Aging which can be viewed here:

http://www.truthinaging.com/face/osmosis-catalyst-for-skin-and-eyelash-growth/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
So, the documentation came from your friend who is an esty or directly from Osmosis? How long have you been using it now?
Skintuition

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:27 pm      Reply with quote

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't think Osmosis started selling the Catalyst to the esty's until the beginning of January?

Some of the information from Osmosis does not make sense to me then, as why wouldn't Osmosis have access to the study done on its product?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
So, Johnson/Osmosis is Not the inventor of this product. Interesting. That certainly makes much more sense.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

So, Johnson/Osmosis is Not the inventor of this product. Interesting. That certainly makes much more sense.

That begs the question who is the inventor? Unless I missed that somewhere?

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
This does sound like an amazing product! It will be interesting to hear reviews. I certainly would love to reduce my age by 20%!

Found if for sale on this website for $120:
www.karinherzog-jmilan.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
While searching around on the Internet for more information on the technology used in Catalyst, I came across this international patent application:

(WO/2007/050178) SKIN CARE COMPOSITION FOR ACCELERATED PRODUCTION OF COLLAGEN PROTEINS AND METHOD OF FABRICATING SAME

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=US2006030469&DISPLAY=DESC

Now, I am not saying that this definitely is the prototype for the Osmosis Catalyst but it sounds extremely similar to Catalyst. This patent application dates back a few years so it is possible that the product has been privately tested before Osmosis put their name on the label. The holder of the patent and inventor is listed as Kevin Meehan from Jackson WY.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
This does sound like an amazing product! It will be interesting to hear reviews. I certainly would love to reduce my age by 20%!

Found if for sale on this website for $120:
www.karinherzog-jmilan.com

Here is another link: http://www.newvisage.ca/?p2=/customcode/newvisage/product.jsp%26product_id=426%26catalog_id=54%26parent_id=23
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
While searching around on the Internet for more information on the technology used in Catalyst, I came across this international patent application:

(WO/2007/050178) SKIN CARE COMPOSITION FOR ACCELERATED PRODUCTION OF COLLAGEN PROTEINS AND METHOD OF FABRICATING SAME

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=US2006030469&DISPLAY=DESC

Now, I am not saying that this definitely is the prototype for the Osmosis Catalyst but it sounds extremely similar to Catalyst. This patent application dates back a few years so it is possible that the product has been privately tested before Osmosis put their name on the label. The holder of the patent and inventor is listed as Kevin Meehan from Jackson WY.

That was a great find. It certainly does sound very similar to the Catalyst!
havana8

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
As Riley noted on the original Catalyst thread, here is an incomplete (?) list of the ingredients:

Quote:
Water, Calcium Ascorbate, Alchohol Denate, Proline, Glycine, Glycerin, Lysine HCL, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Zinc Gluconate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Copper Gluconate, Silica, Clear Purified water, enhanced with the following frequencies: Fibroblast Growth Factor, Keratinocyte Growth Factor, Oxygen, ATP, Antibacterial

I believe this comes from a review from Marta at Truth in Aging which can be viewed here:

http://www.truthinaging.com/face/osmosis-catalyst-for-skin-and-eyelash-growth/

Here is what is listed on the bottle: Smile

Osmosis Catalyst
SKIN RESTORATION SERUM WITH SRGF-7
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Calcium Ascorbate, Alcohol Denat., Proline, Glycine, Glycerin, Lysine HCL, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Copper Gluconate, Silica

Application: Shake bottle, then fill dropper. Apply 5–7 drops to a clean face twice daily. Best when mixed with liposomal serums.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Doesn't this look like the same product (a search for Kevin Meehan led me to this)?

http://www.collametics.com/skincare/serum-ingredients.html
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Doesn't this look like the same product (a search for Kevin Meehan led me to this)?

I will stick my neck out and say YES they are the same (more or less). The ingredients lists have the same items but the order is slightly different. I think perhaps they are formulated slightly differently for Osmosis and Collametics but I doubt the difference would make any significant difference. If you look at the patent I linked to, you will see that the ingredients can be formulated at a range of percentages which might explain the difference in list order.

Both seem rather expensive for one ounce. It isn't unusual for a Dermatologist with his/her own cosmetics line to place their own label on a product developed by someone else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Here is what is listed on the bottle: Smile

Osmosis Catalyst
SKIN RESTORATION SERUM WITH SRGF-7
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Calcium Ascorbate, Alcohol Denat., Proline, Glycine, Glycerin, Lysine HCL, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Copper Gluconate, Silica

Application: Shake bottle, then fill dropper. Apply 5–7 drops to a clean face twice daily. Best when mixed with liposomal serums.

Does this mean that you bought this, Havana8? If so, I am really hoping you will do a review of it after you have used it for 1 month.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Skippie wrote:

I will stick my neck out and say YES they are the same (more or less). The ingredients lists have the same items but the order is slightly different. I think perhaps they are formulated slightly differently for Osmosis and Collametics but I doubt the difference would make any significant difference. If you look at the patent I linked to, you will see that the ingredients can be formulated at a range of percentages which might explain the difference in list order.

Both seem rather expensive for one ounce. It isn't unusual for a Dermatologist with his/her own cosmetics line to place their own label on a product developed by someone else.

My thinking is right there with Lacy's on this.

The Osmosis is 1 oz but the Collametics looks like it says 1.5 oz from the picture. Using Osmosis, at the conservative 5 drops twice a day, that seems like it would last for approximately 2 months.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |