Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone here rolling with 1mm dermaroller?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ubar
5% products discount

Mon May 07, 2012 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I'm new to the boards and new to dermarolling. I'm about to place my order for a 0.5mm and a 1mm roller. I'm only 30 and am rolling to try to minimise the first signs of aging - crepey skin, fine lines, lack of plumpness etc.

I'd really love to hear from people who regularly roll with 1mm needles. Most of the feedback I've read is written by people using 1.5mm and up.

I'm interested to know if you use numbing cream for the 1mm, what results you've had and how much (if any) blood appears! There's no way I'm interested in going any higher than 1mm.

I hope nobody minds a newbie posting a new thread on such a hot subject, but there's sooooo much info on rolling and it would really help me to target the 1mm roller. It's quite hard to search the forums because "1mm" is too short a phrase. I think it will be helpful for others to be able to come to one place to read about 1mm rolling experiences.

So - any takers?! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 7:50 am      Reply with quote
ubar wrote:
Hi

I'm new to the boards and new to dermarolling. I'm about to place my order for a 0.5mm and a 1mm roller. I'm only 30 and am rolling to try to minimise the first signs of aging - crepey skin, fine lines, lack of plumpness etc.

I'd really love to hear from people who regularly roll with 1mm needles. Most of the feedback I've read is written by people using 1.5mm and up.

I'm interested to know if you use numbing cream for the 1mm, what results you've had and how much (if any) blood appears! There's no way I'm interested in going any higher than 1mm.

I hope nobody minds a newbie posting a new thread on such a hot subject, but there's sooooo much info on rolling and it would really help me to target the 1mm roller. It's quite hard to search the forums because "1mm" is too short a phrase. I think it will be helpful for others to be able to come to one place to read about 1mm rolling experiences.

So - any takers?! Very Happy

I am in the same shoes as you, I just ordered both a .5mm and a 1mm plus numbing cream for the 1mm! I have no intention of going higher either!

There are some before and after pictures linked to on this thread done with I believe a 1mm.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45509&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=50

HTH

I will let you know once I start and we can commiserate! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I use a 1mm roller without anaesthetic cream - approximately half my face, mostly forehead. My eyes water and nose runs but it is not unbearable. Plenty of pinprick blood. The mouth area is very sensitive, you might want to purchase a three line roller (try OwnDoc) to make it do-able.

The first signs of ageing you mention could indicate simple dehydration, I was surprised what a difference overhauling my routine such that every product respects or repairs the skin barrier. If you have not already eliminate sulphate surfactants, soaps and other alkaline products, alcohol, harsh exfoliants and anti-acne ingredients; add in products that contain the lipids found in a healthy skin barrier (cholesterol, ceramides, stearic and palmitic acids), choose products at pH ~5.5.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
ubar
5% products discount

Mon May 07, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
I use a 1mm roller without anaesthetic cream - approximately half my face, mostly forehead. My eyes water and nose runs but it is not unbearable. Plenty of pinprick blood. The mouth area is very sensitive, you might want to purchase a three line roller to make it do-able.

The first signs of ageing you mention could indicate simple dehydration, I was surprised what a difference overhauling my routine such that every product respects or repairs the skin barrier. If you have not already eliminate sulphate surfactants, soaps and other alkaline products, alcohol, harsh exfoliants and anti-acne ingredients; add in products that contain the lipids found in a healthy skin barrier (cholesterol, ceramides, stearic and palmitic acids), choose products at pH ~5.5.

Thanks. May I WILL use some numbing cream after all... I thought perhaps I could just brave it out but if it's going to stop my eyes watering, what the heck!

Good point about the hydration but I'm already pretty hot on that sort of thing. I use a gentle cream cleanser. I do tend to have dry skin so never use harsh soaps etc. I drink water all day, rarely drink anything else! I take an omega oil supplement. I think it really is the early signs of aging. Good skin doesn't run in my family, none of my female relatives have aged well where their skin is concerned. Oh well... At least I don't smoke or sunbathe, so I'm doing my best. Confused

DarkMoon wrote:

I am in the same shoes as you, I just ordered both a .5mm and a 1mm plus numbing cream for the 1mm! I have no intention of going higher either!

There are some before and after pictures linked to on this thread done with I believe a 1mm.

HTH

I will let you know once I start and we can commiserate! Laughing

Yay! We can compare notes! I'm desperate to get started, I've heard such wonderful things about rolling and I'm confident that I'll get decent results with the combination of rolling and the face creams I'm using.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 am      Reply with quote
ubar,

I am going by those trailblazers here that I have come to trust!

I won't numb for the .5 but I see no need to inflict more pain than needed with the 1mm! This is from a mom who had 2 kids at home and the other 2 no medication, so all were totally natural, I can take pain, but why if there is no reason? Laughing

I am prepping by using my Retin A and C serum prior and will use oil soluble A,D&C after probably just make my own!

We can go through this together and compare notes!
Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon May 07, 2012 9:17 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ubar,

I won't numb for the .5 but I see no need to inflict more pain than needed with the 1mm! This is from a mom who had 2 kids at home and the other 2 no medication, so all were totally natural, I can take pain, but why if there is no reason? Laughing

I couldn't agree with you more! I've got a tube of Emla cream lying around. I used it for the first couple of attempts with my TRIA laser but haven't had to use it since. May as well use it up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
ubar wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
ubar,

I couldn't agree with you more! I've got a tube of Emla cream lying around. I used it for the first couple of attempts with my TRIA laser but haven't had to use it since. May as well use it up.

I just ordered my two rollers and the Emla yesterday!
I honestly think it will be easier to do an effective roll not pulling back due to pain. JMHO Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I use the shorter needles (can't recall whether it is .5 or 1. for the eyelid area where the skin is thinner. This reminds me I need a longer needled roller for my hands.

I don't really think the pain associated with rolling is any worse and likely less than other types of pain (I've experienced much worse)....

That's not really it...the problem, IMO, is *you are inflicting it on yourself* and psychologically, that makes it tough.

With other pain, it happens to you, in this case you are making it happen..

This is why I am expecting the Dermapen might lessen my need to grit my teeth when rolling.

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I use the shorter needles (can't recall whether it is .5 or 1. for the eyelid area where the skin is thinner. This reminds me I need a longer needled roller for my hands.

I don't really think the pain associated with rolling is any worse and likely less than other types of pain (I've experienced much worse)....

[b[That's not really it...the problem, IMO, is *you are inflicting it on yourself* and psychologically, that makes it tough.[/b]

With other pain, it happens to you, in this case you are making it happen..

This is why I am expecting the Dermapen might lessen my need to grit my teeth when rolling.

BFG

That was my thinking in saying I felt I would be able to do a more effective roll if using a numbing agent, it is so against our subconscious nature not to inflict pain on ourselves. (and conscious as well) Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 11:05 am      Reply with quote
ubar wrote:
Firefox7275 wrote:

Good point about the hydration but I'm already pretty hot on that sort of thing. I use a gentle cream cleanser. I do tend to have dry skin so never use harsh soaps etc. I drink water all day, rarely drink anything else! I take an omega oil supplement. I think it really is the early signs of aging. Good skin doesn't run in my family, none of my female relatives have aged well where their skin is concerned. Oh well... At least I don't smoke or sunbathe, so I'm doing my best. Confused

Sounds like you are on the right track! Smile Dehydration and ageing can go hand in hand - we produce less or a different balance of skin lipids over time, and a defective barrier (dry, dehydrated, sensitive or reactive skin) will not block out pollution, UV rays and other nasties as effectively. Are you using a moisturiser like CeraVe or one containing lanolin, West African shea butter or lecithin?

Which omegas and how much, hopefully long chain O-3s from fish body oil (DHA and EPA)? The body will only hold water if it is given the right balance of fats, proteins and carbs in the diet.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
ubar
5% products discount

Wed May 09, 2012 2:57 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

We can go through this together and compare notes!
Very Happy

Looks like this thread was a little premature - I just heard back from Sarah Vaughter at Owndoc and she said that I should use only the 0.5mm roller. I sent her a photo of my skin and asked her advice. So I won't be rolling with the 1mm after all!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |