Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Maybelline Baby Lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Marjorie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
If you like lip balms that add slight color to your lips, you will love this one ! It comes in six varieties with assorted flavor: quenched, peppermint, cherry me, grape vine, pink punch and peach kiss. I tried it in peach kiss which comes out as a soft shimmery nude color. This lip balm hydrates my lips, is not sticky at all and has SPF 20. In other words, it's the perfect lip balm for the summer ! It sells for around 5$ in most drugstores.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hey..thanks! I love shear shimmer lip color..and the spf is a bonus. The look is youthifying. I'm going to get some.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Covergirl Lipslicks was my all time favorite lip balm, but they stopped making it in red. It didn't come out red, a light red/pink color. I am so glad to see this review, I've been searching for another sheer tint that had a red! Thank you for posting this.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I have a number of red lip stains that I adore, then I add some gloss over and keep color almost all day! I may have to check these out next trip to the drugstore! Thanks for posting!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I was excited about this product as well and bought the cherry...color was great, but alas it dries up way too quickly on my lips and left them sticky...so it was a bust for me.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I was excited about this product as well and bought the cherry...color was great, but alas it dries up way too quickly on my lips and left them sticky...so it was a bust for me.

Ok you said magic words, "color was great", for $5 I have to try this Wink .I'll grab one next visit to walgreens (prob today) and see if its drying, I hope not on me.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Ok you said magic words, "color was great", for $5 I have to try this Wink .I'll grab one next visit to walgreens (prob today) and see if its drying, I hope not on me.

Laughing I wish you luck with it!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Make sure you let us know how it us for you, I need to make a trip to Walgreens in the next few days! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Look how we all salivate over a good lip gloss.
Skincare/Makeup is such a fun * spam alert * for me.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Look how we all salivate over a good lip gloss.
Skincare/Makeup is such a fun * spam alert * for me.

Smile

LOL...Who me salivate over makeup, never! Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:32 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Make sure you let us know how it us for you, I need to make a trip to Walgreens in the next few days! Laughing

Ok meeting friends for dinner, I will swing into walgreens and grab one, report after dinner, I am such a sucker for these things, well ok I am with the other girls, anything makeup Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Ok meeting friends for dinner, I will swing into walgreens and grab one, report after dinner, I am such a sucker for these things, well ok I am with the other girls, anything makeup Wink

LOL. you are in good company here with all of us makeup junkies! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I can't guarantee the accuracy of my review, I might say anything after a few margaritas Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I can't guarantee the accuracy of my review, I might say anything after a few margaritas Wink

LMAO. I will be sure to take that into account when I read what you post! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

LMAO. I will be sure to take that into account when I read what you post! Laughing

Sad to report, the rita's got the best of me and I never made it to walgreens, so my promised review will have to wait a bit, since I am now in recovery Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Sad to report, the rita's got the best of me and I never made it to walgreens, so my promised review will have to wait a bit, since I am now in recovery Laughing

AWWWWW, No worries just feel better! One of us will try it out and tell the story! Very Happy

Hope the night was a blast!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone that wants to try this should buy it at walgreens today, its $2.99 on sale. I tried 2 in vain searching for any color but clear, no luck!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Anyone that wants to try this should buy it at walgreens today, its $2.99 on sale. I tried 2 in vain searching for any color but clear, no luck!!

I give up on days they have sales especially on Holidays, it is just not worth burning all the gas driving to different stores just to find they are out! Laughing

I will just wait and see when it is at normal price, I like saving but with gas prices? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I give up on days they have sales especially on Holidays, it is just not worth burning all the gas driving to different stores just to find they are out! Laughing

I will just wait and see when it is at normal price, I like saving but with gas prices? Shock

I hear ya!! I didn't race around to various ones, these both were right on my way! But the sale either did it or its good! They still had tons of "other" sale stuff on shelf! So perhaps
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I hear ya!! I didn't race around to various ones, these both were right on my way! But the sale either did it or its good! They still had tons of "other" sale stuff on shelf! So perhaps

I have several Walgreens close so if I had been out already I would have checked!

That happened when we were talking about their brand of AHA cream, suddenly nobody could find any! EDS good for business? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
It seems to be, then being female, I see the shelf wiped out and "GAME ON" I am on a mission lmao!! I really do want this now
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2012 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
It seems to be, then being female, I see the shelf wiped out and "GAME ON" I am on a mission lmao!! I really do want this now

LOL. I am so like that if I really get it in my head to find something! Laughing

If all else fails I order it online! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Laughing

I have this in the "cherry me" color. It's reddish like you were eating strawberries or cherries. I like it. But it's not broad spectrum spf so it wont protect from UVA rays. Sad ETA: The maybelline baby lips contains octinoxate and octisalate as the sunscreen agents used, which protect from UVB but not from UVA. I like these for color and indoors but not for outdoors. Still a nice lip balm though.

If anyone is looking for a broad spectrum spf lip balm with color, I highly recommend Alba Botanica TerraTints spf 8 lip balm with zinc. There's two colors. I just got the "Bloom" color. Love it. It smells like peppermint and is a very natural light pink flush sort of color. I can't remember the name of the other color but I think it was a reddish one. I want that one next. Very Happy I searched for a long time for a broad spectrum spf lip balm and found this gem! Most spf lip balms don't protect from UVA which is so odd!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Laughing

I have this in the "cherry me" color. It's reddish like you were eating strawberries or cherries. I like it. But it's not broad spectrum spf so it wont protect from UVA rays. Sad ETA: The maybelline baby lips contains octinoxate and octisalate as the sunscreen agents used, which protect from UVB but not from UVA. I like these for color and indoors but not for outdoors. Still a nice lip balm though.

If anyone is looking for a broad spectrum spf lip balm with color, I highly recommend Alba Botanica TerraTints spf 8 lip balm with zinc. There's two colors. I just got the "Bloom" color. Love it. It smells like peppermint and is a very natural light pink flush sort of color. I can't remember the name of the other color but I think it was a reddish one. I want that one next. Very Happy I searched for a long time for a broad spectrum spf lip balm and found this gem! Most spf lip balms don't protect from UVA which is so odd!

Ok I am finding this, don't care on sunscreen, but that color yall are describing OMG
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 am      Reply with quote
LOL Tiny. Laughing

It's not a dark red, and it's not like elegant looking or anything, but I like it. It's a pinky sort of red if you know what I mean. And it smells and tastes delicious. The color and scent kind of remind me of strawberry shortcake (the cartoon character I mean) LOL. Have you ever smelled strawberry shortcake toys and what not? You know how they're scented? That's what the cherry me reminds me of. (I LOVE strawberry shortcake! lmao!) So yeah, it looks like you've been in the garden eating wild strawberries or like your lips are flushed. But it does look semi-fake. You can look up swatches on google I think. I sent my husband to the store to get me the cherry me but they were all out LOL. So I ordered it off ebay!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |