Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
olive oil, honey and propolis balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Very nice as a lip balm, for minor cuts and grazes, dry itchy spots, et cetera

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons bees wax
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 gram propolis dissolved in 1 teaspoon of wodka

In a double boiler melt the wax in the oil while stirring. When all is melted and mixed, add the propolis and dissolve/melt that while letting the alcohol evaporate.
Remove from heat, add the honey. Keep stirring until cool enough to pour into a jar.

My propolis I bought from a bee keeper, but you an easily find capsules in health food stores etc. Amazing stuff, proven wound healing agent, infection fighter, antibacterial, antifungal.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Very nice Lotus!
Does the propolis melt easily or should I grind it first into a powder. The propolis Ive seen in stores is granular.

Thanks for posting. I love beewax.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Propolis differs depending on where it is from, and what kind of flowers and trees (yes, trees) the bees used to make it. Some kinds melt at about 60 degrees Celsius, others don't. Overheat it, and you'll have fried propolis.

My propolis is ground to a powder, and that I pre-dissolved in a teaspoon of wodka. Some of the miracle stuff in propolis needs water to dissolve, other parts need alcohol, and the waxy parts need to be heated gently. The way I made it, it's totally dissolved, no gritty parts left or anything.

If you have propolis flakes, look to see if it is an extract or raw propolis. Sometimes propolis is first dissolved in ethanol 70 percent, and then dried, and the residu is a flaky substance that can easily be melted into your wax. If your propolis says it's an extract, that is probably how it's made.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Very Happy Propolis differs depending on where it is from, and what kind of flowers and trees (yes, trees) the bees used to make it. Some kinds melt at about 60 degrees Celsius, others don't. Overheat it, and you'll have fried propolis.

My propolis is ground to a powder, and that I pre-dissolved in a teaspoon of wodka. Some of the miracle stuff in propolis needs water to dissolve, other parts need alcohol, and the waxy parts need to be heated gently. The way I made it, it's totally dissolved, no gritty parts left or anything.

If you have propolis flakes, look to see if it is an extract or raw propolis. Sometimes propolis is first dissolved in ethanol 70 percent, and then dried, and the residu is a flaky substance that can easily be melted into your wax. If your propolis says it's an extract, that is probably how it's made.

Great information Lotusesther,

I have a healing balm recipe in the index with Royal Jelly,but I never have added the Propolis before, I will have to give it a try next batch!

Thanks for posting your recipe! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

OK great! Ill look for teh propolis extract then.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Very nice as a lip balm, for minor cuts and grazes, dry itchy spots, et cetera

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons bees wax
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 gram propolis dissolved in 1 teaspoon of wodka

In a double boiler melt the wax in the oil while stirring. When all is melted and mixed, add the propolis and dissolve/melt that while letting the alcohol evaporate.
Remove from heat, add the honey. Keep stirring until cool enough to pour into a jar.

My propolis I bought from a bee keeper, but you an easily find capsules in health food stores etc. Amazing stuff, proven wound healing agent, infection fighter, antibacterial, antifungal.

OR, you can just buy a 2oz jar of "Egyptian Magic" and not deal with the mess.. Laughing

http://www.egyptianmagic.com/

Ingredients: Olive Oil, Beeswax, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly & Propolis Extract

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy That was sort of the point really. The best magic is the magic you make yourself Wink
stevehughes
5% products discount

Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I must say this will really work as the ingredient use in them are antiseptic and good..They are totally safe and is good for healing purpose..
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
stevehughes wrote:
I must say this will really work as the ingredient use in them are antiseptic and good..They are totally safe and is good for healing purpose..

One caveat I would not use if allergic to bee stings to be safe! Smile

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:36 am      Reply with quote
It’s absolutely all-natural and it’s good germ killing. The very best antiseptic you created Thanks for sharing.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |