Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

elicina
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dburke

Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:03 am      Reply with quote
anyone experience with this product
from you guys - let me know
leelee

Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
hi, dburke. i've used elicina. while it's not a miracle and won't suddenly evaporate every blemish on your face, it DOES work. it will help smooth your skin and diminish redness. i've been using it for 3 months and my skin hasn't looked better in years.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the effects were subtle.
I'd forgotten about this product and might just buy it again.
When I used this for a couple of months, one of my hypercritical male friends asked me what I was doing to my skin, it looked great.
Thanks for jogging my memory about this one.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
is this the product that is made from SNAILS? Surprised
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, you make me smile.
I know you are opposed to animal testing and killing animals for use in cosmetics. And I'm with you on this one.
The cream comes from the snail secretions. The website in Chile assures people that they are humanely treated and not killed for their secretions.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, you make me smile.
I know you are opposed to animal testing and killing animals for use in cosmetics. And I'm with you on this one.
The cream comes from the snail secretions. The website in Chile assures people that they are humanely treated and not killed for their secretions.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Queenpedauque,

Snail secretions.... how interesting, please tell us more about it!Surprised How is the product harvested or collected....is it pure snail secretions or is made into a complex? Are they the secretions from ordinary run-of-the-mill garden snails?? What does the substance look and feel like, and is it used as a specific treatment product for blemishes and the likes?

I just love this forum..! I learn about so many things here !! Very HappyWink

Summertimegirl
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:43 am      Reply with quote
They are a certain chilean snail. The product is cream like and although it is 80% snail extract, it really seems like a lotion.
People claim to have good results with scar fading.
I used it for aging skin and my skin looked good but no instant miracles. I used it for only 2-3 months.
It's not really expensive (about 30$USD) so it may be worth a try for some.
I didn't use it very long but saw some subtle benefits like more even skin color.
I'm thinking of adding it again.

Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Kinerase does the same thing as far as evening out skin tone. Of course, if you'd rather use poop than chemicals......well, it's a toss-up! LOL Alexis
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Queenpedauque and Alexis !

I was more just interested in the novelty that this product is made from snail secretions-- I'm always fascinated by stuff like this and I love it when people share their skin experiences be it bad or good. Like food, I've always got an open mind to trying new things, if it's unpleasant or doesn't work I just don't revisit. I'll have a go at anything once, so I'm not adverse to trying out snail poop! :P

What does the Elicina substance/ lotion smell like?

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,
I didn't notice any scent but I am not very good at picking up smells. (allergies, too much dairy,etc)
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:38 am      Reply with quote
SNAIL POOP for the face?!!!

Now I've heard everything! LOL--Or maybe that should be BOL (barf out loud).Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:37 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:

SNAIL POOP for the face?!!! Now I've heard everything! LOL--Or maybe that should be BOL (barf out loud).Very Happy

:oMG, Alohagirl, why are you so HILARIOUS! I just died laughing! BOL indeed! :P
Mabsy

Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
What does the Elicina substance/ lotion smell like?

Depends on what type of grass the snail's been eating..... :P Sorry, I couldn't help myself! It's been one of those days and I need some comic relief *blushes*

Queenpedauque - is this product just in lotion form or does it actually get added to a number of different skincare product (I mean for example, cleanser, moisturiser etc). Were you putting moisturiser over the lotion you were using or did you treat it as a moisturiser? This product sounds quite intriguing, I wonder if they actually have it in Australia...

Thanks,
Mabsy Smile
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Just 1 product that looks like a lotion but is 80% snail extract. It doesn't feel slimey or oily and actually can be a bit drying if you don't use moisturizer.
As I said, it wasn't a miracle product for me but it appears that people have found it to work well on scars especially. It did help the general appearance of my skin though.
I too am intrigued by unusual products that have a little bit of theory to back them up.
Now I've heard about something made from sunflower pollen but I'm so happy with my skincare products right now, I will just keep my eye on it and not purchase.
The snails come from Chile but there is a company that is harvesting the extract in Canada under the Chilean company's supervision. I imagine that's happening in other countries too and the Chilean company has always done international shipping:)
Mabsy

Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Queenpedauque! Sounds very interesting indeed. Summertimegirl - are you going to try it?

Mabsy
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I tried the snail stuff last year and the cream was ok but it didn't prevent me from breaking out into spots.

But, maybe it just didn't suit my skin, but it may suit other people though. As everyone's skin is different, it's good to experiment with skin products and find a range of products that sut your needs.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Does it work to acne scar?
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I think snail secretions/excretions is probably where I draw the line. Why isn't there an emoticon for hurling?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |