Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need a strong mineral sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Di
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I burn very easy. I even burn in the car from reflection off the dash board with no sun on my face at all. Does anyone know of a really good mineral sunscreen that will actually work for this? I cant use chemical sunscreens at all I have very sensitive dry skin.

Thank you for any help. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 10:18 am      Reply with quote
That is pretty sensitive skin! I like Pratima sunscreen. http://www.pratimaskincare.com/neem-rose-face-sunscreen

Some like the Burnout sunscreen, but I could not use that. It irritated my eczema. http://www.burnoutsun.com/
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 10:42 am      Reply with quote
It might be worth addressing the dry, sensitive skin because strengthening the skin barrier can actually help your skin protect itself from UV light. What factor sunscreen have you been using, are you applying the recommended amount and reapplying frequently?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Di
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I guess I do have really sun sensitive skin. I guess since I have been using a lactic acid once or twice a week. I also use Copper peptides and have been for almost 7 years now. It really helped my skin barrier I use to have a little rosacea, I think. I've been using an spf 35, 5% titanium and 5%zinc sunscreen. I suppose I could try reapplying it while in the car, every two hours. I just wasn't expecting to get a burn when I wasn't even in the direct sunlight, so I didn't think about reapplying in the car.

Thank you both, I'll also check out the websites for the sunscreens you mentioned rileygirl. Smile Those look good.
laleebee
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2012 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Di wrote:
I guess I do have really sun sensitive skin. I guess since I have been using a lactic acid once or twice a week. I also use Copper peptides and have been for almost 7 years now. It really helped my skin barrier I use to have a little rosacea, I think. I've been using an spf 35, 5% titanium and 5%zinc sunscreen. I suppose I could try reapplying it while in the car, every two hours. I just wasn't expecting to get a burn when I wasn't even in the direct sunlight, so I didn't think about reapplying in the car.

Thank you both, I'll also check out the websites for the sunscreens you mentioned rileygirl. Smile Those look good.

A great mineral sunscreen I've used (but have ran out of!) is Shiseido Senka Mineral Sunscreen UV Gel SPF50. My skin is sensative too, but took to this well. It's very light, and applies on easily and smoothly, but leaves the skin with a matte finish, which I like. It's from Shiseido so you know it's good quality and also has the PA+++ rating as well as the SPF 50.
Di
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2012 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, I'll also check that one out. I was looking around today and also found a new one to me, it's called Sunology it's SPF 50 zinc and titanium. It sounds good and I can get it locally

Thank you Very Happy
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Di wrote:

Rosacea is considered a progressive condition, it doesn't resolve with time. Have you also have cut out aggravating factors (topical known irritants, classic trigger foods)? If you do have rosacea it would be helpful to have that professionally diagnosed because ideally any recommendations would be tailored to that.

AHAs will make you more photosensitive, maybe cut that out or down to weekly? Twice a week may be too much for dry and sensitive skin, given the known 'reservoir' effect. UV rays can penetrate glass and cloud, bounce off concrete, sand, snow and water. Boring but reapplication is essential because you will only get 1-2% more protection from a factor 50 compared to a factor 35. Sad

Devita Rx Ultrasolar 50 is sold here at Essentialdayspa and of course elsewhere
"Actives: Zinc Oxide 19% (Transparent), Titanium Dioxide 8%
Inactives: Purified water, Aloe Vera Gel, Capric/Caprylic Triglycerides (derived from Coconut Oil), Stearic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hyaluronic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate (from Vegetable Oil), Soy Lecithin, Vitamin E (Acetate), Allantoin, Comfrey Root Extract, Grape Seed Extract
."

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Di
5% products discount

Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Firefox, I'm really not sure if I ever had rosacea, all I know is, that I tried using Trentinion about 8 years ago, and my skin has been sensitive ever since, especially on my cheeks. My skin was never sensitive before.

I think I will just keep using the sunscreen that I am now since I like it I'll just be sure to reapply when I'm on a long drive or if I'm around any sun glare. Thank you for your help. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |