Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Saggy wrinkled skin on arms and legs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Judyvh

Mon May 28, 2012 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
After a brief illness I lost around 10kgs of weight most noticeably in my arms and legs, need some help with the crepey loose skin. Age 65 female
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Me too!! I'm 62 and have recently lost 11kg - my arms look shocking. I've tried really abrasive massage and various topicals but nothing is making a difference. Maybe using a Dermaroller with CPs would help.

5% products discount

Tue May 29, 2012 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Me too. I lost 10 pounds in the last 4 years. My arms and legs are really showing it. I have always been under weight but this 10 pounds really made it worse. I have been using Skin Biology Body Lotion for about a year now it has helped, I also use there Lactic Power 10. Sometimes I use Trireductuon cream. I really need to gain my 10 pounds back to really make a difference.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried dry brushing your body? I've read many testimonials of people reporting it helps to tighten up their skin. But, like with most things, it takes a few months to see results with it, so don't give up if you don't see results in just a month or two.

Also, adding some strength training to build a little muscle will help, too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Are you doing regular exercise with muscular training ? Muscle gain will help tighten those zones. Also when you're on a weight loss program, it's good to massage skin at least twice a day with an oil/cream that has toning properties and that helps with skin elasticity.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I lost 10 pounds within 24 hours due to illness. I have the same problem and I don't think it will go back to normal.

I used Lac-Hydrin AHA 12% lotion and cellulite creams from neck down.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
tinareyes.nsedreams.com wrote:
For saggy skin, cellulite, stretch marks, excess fat, try galvanic body spa with the gels from Nu Skin. Check it out on google or youtube.

is it microcurrent?
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
NuSkin is galvanic not microcurrent

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies...

Get thy booties to the gym. Unless you're dealing with major illness, or extreme fat loss and therefore extreme sag, you need muscle to fill up the empty space. I know, it's always about muscle with me! LOL!

Here is one hottie in her 70's. http://ernestineshepherd.net/?page_id=2

There are many women in their late 60's and early 70's who look amazing. Because they work at it. It really can't only be about a great cream. I have no probs with lotions and potions. I have my favorites. But you've GOT to work the tissues that support your body! Bone, and muscles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Ladies...

Get thy booties to the gym. Unless you're dealing with major illness, or extreme fat loss and therefore extreme sag, you need muscle to fill up the empty space. I know, it's always about muscle with me! LOL!

Here is one hottie in her 70's. http://ernestineshepherd.net/?page_id=2

There are many women in their late 60's and early 70's who look amazing. Because they work at it. It really can't only be about a great cream. I have no probs with lotions and potions. I have my favorites. But you've GOT to work the tissues that support your body! Bone, and muscles.

Great advice Claudia,

I just want to add if you are that out of shape get started with water aerobics just to get moving!

NO CREAM will do what you are looking for. Just my little 2 cents!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Marjorie wrote:
Are you doing regular exercise with muscular training ? Muscle gain will help tighten those zones. Also when you're on a weight loss program, it's good to massage skin at least twice a day with an oil/cream that has toning properties and that helps with skin elasticity.

I have to disagree with the muscle training helping...it might help a little...but I am a gym rat and lift weights 3 or 4 times a week. I have super toned legs and arms but my skin is increasingly wrinkled and saggy in spite of my muscularity. I'm hitting 60 this summer. Even the skin on my quads, which are real muscular, has a lumpy almost cellulite-y appearance when I'm not standing straight and stretching out my skin! Sad

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Marjorie wrote:

I have to disagree with the muscle training helping...it might help a little...but I am a gym rat and lift weights 3 or 4 times a week. I have super toned legs and arms but my skin is increasingly wrinkled and saggy in spite of my muscularity. I'm hitting 60 this summer. Even the skin on my quads, which are real muscular, has a lumpy almost cellulite-y appearance when I'm not standing straight and stretching out my skin! Sad

IMO there's a difference between "toned" and built. But I'd have to see for comparison. also, I'd consider without seeing a picture of what you're talking about you may be a person who battles cellulite no matter what they do.

But the needs to stretch out skin to make it look smooth also sounds like sun damage?

I'd be curious to see a picture, . Of a very toned saggy skinned set of legs or arms. Maybe you could crop to maintain privacy?

Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Mountain: If you don't want to show your own pics, perhaps you can find an image on line of well toned and built arms and legs that also have saggy skin.

I do see sag on muscular arms that where once upon a time very fat. The stretch of the skin at one point, maintained for an extended period of time, may make filling out that arm with muscle near impossible.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't a clue how to paste pictures on this site Rolling Eyes I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to computers...but I PM'ed you Claudia, and will send you some photo's. They will show you I'm toned, but I doubt if you will see the skin laxity in the pictures. As I told you in my PM, I DEFINITELY have sun damaged skin, growing up in Miami and living as a Tanorexic for the first 21 years of my life.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I haven't a clue how to paste pictures on this site Rolling Eyes I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to computers...but I PM'ed you Claudia, and will send you some photo's. They will show you I'm toned, but I doubt if you will see the skin laxity in the pictures. As I told you in my PM, I DEFINITELY have sun damaged skin, growing up in Miami and living as a Tanorexic for the first 21 years of my life.

I can't figure how to post pictures here also.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:12 am      Reply with quote
My favorite speedy rememedy for sagging skin is surgery, realizing that surgery is not for everyone and presents its own set of issues, but I was happy with it.

BFG
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:16 am      Reply with quote
mountain girl and Skincare, it's not too hard to learn how to post a picture. Register on photobucket.com and upload the pictures on your computer to that site. Then you copy and paste the [IMG] link over to your post here. You can even edit on photobucket. Hope that helps.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |