Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
My first IPL hasn't worked ???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

I went for my first IPL for broken caps yesterday the dr said that my skin had responded well at the patch test so she wasn't going to use a high strength on my skin.
This morning when I looked at my skin I can't see any real improvement considering the good reviews other people have said about IPL my face still looks a bit puffy but the redness is still there I'm supposed to go back in a month for another one but am not sure if she has used a strong enough light or am I expecting too much for 1 treatment?,its just with her saying I respond well but to me it looks like I haven't what should I do?
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 1:12 am      Reply with quote
How soon did your dermatologist tell you to expect to see the results?

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 am      Reply with quote
She didn't she just said she would see me in a month she initinally thought 2 or 3 treatments but when she said I responded well yet I see no improvement I was confused.
I've read on here of people having fantastic results after one IPL with caps gone but if I respond well why are mine still here she said herself they were very superficial I was just concerned when she said she wasn't going to use a high strength because I respond so well??

I thought that a stronger strength of light was needed to get to the red broken caps
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 am      Reply with quote
IPL was no good for me and my broken caps. They faded a bit and then came back each time. I have been speaking to someone else about this who has told me IPL is better for pigmentation rather than broken caps and Vbeam laser is better for the caps.
Everyones skin responds differently to treatments but I have read that most people who do IPL or laser for broken capillaries need to do it a few times to see results and then perhaps yearly for maintenance. I'm a little worried about laser at it destroys the vein and worry that more broken caps will start showing up elsewhere because of it. But if they get worse I may try it.
GL and I would definitely discuss further if you are unsure, with a professional...perhaps someone else if you are in doubt of what she has told you.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 am      Reply with quote
I will definantly mention about the Vbeam when I go back I'm not sure if she does it though, but after she did the IPL she said she was going to use a bit of laser not sure what she meant by that if it was different to the IPL or just a different IPL device to target harder areas around my nose she did that it a few spots near my eyes and nose but at the time I caught a whiff of a burning smell only for a few seconds which worried me abit at the time however I see no reaction on my face, all I see today is slight swelling under my eyes round the cheekbone area everything else looks the same.
I am very disappointed so far I am on a budget and can't really waste money on treatments that aren't going to work but why whould she say I responded well I did have a couple of small bright red ones which have faded but the paler ones are still there and although superficial because they are patched together they seem redder than they probably actually are.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 am      Reply with quote
IMO you really need to find out from your dermatologist when you should expect to see the results. Slight swelling IS a reaction, you have inflammation which means the healing cascade is kicking in at the cellular level. You are just stressing yourself out thinking the treatment did not work and feeling aggrieved that a higher level was not used. I have seen many examples online of people burned and scarred by IPL that was turned up too high.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 4:34 am      Reply with quote
You are so right Firefox! I've been looking in the mirror all morning wondering why I can still see my caps but yes the swelling is definantly there so something is happening Embarassed
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I think the broken caps will look orange in color before they reabsorb so maybe look for that change before you get mad!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Interesting. My hubby and I went in to see my doc at the med spa. I have had several (okay bunches) of IPL's thru the years. But this time after the 7 days and all bruises faded, I still had the caps. The only bruises, etc. were from the initial test marks. Not a happy camper. But they had archived my chart since I had not been there in a couple of years, so they didn't know the strength, etc. and it was like starting from scratch.
Now the hubby had the Yag laser on a few prominant veins on his nose that had been bothering him and it was perfect. Yes, it smelled like burning flesh but it took care of them and they are gone. GRRRRRrrrrrr, he was just the driver! Not even there for treatment! Dr. Sneed had mentioned while they were doing my IPL and the hubby decided to try it.
So maybe the V Beam might be something to check out.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |