Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does anyone here use topical enzymes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 9:16 am      Reply with quote
What benefits have you noticed from enzymes? I'm really interested in enzymes because they're a gentle sort of exfoliation and I think they aid in lightening. So I'm just wondering if anyone here uses enzymes and what their benefits have been. Can anyone recommend any good enzyme masks/treatments/products?

Currently using Alba Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme scrub, which I really like and used to use all the time!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 9:29 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
What benefits have you noticed from enzymes? I'm really interested in enzymes because they're a gentle sort of exfoliation and I think they aid in lightening. So I'm just wondering if anyone here uses enzymes and what their benefits have been. Can anyone recommend any good enzyme masks/treatments/products?

Currently using Alba Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme scrub, which I really like and used to use all the time!

I do just mix some from the health food store from pineapple and papaya with water and make masks.

But one I keep in stock is Aloette's Restorative Enzyme Peel:

Description
Your alternative to harsh chemical peels, Aloette’s Restorative Enzyme Peel works right before your eyes to remove dead skin cells and reveal a healthy, hydrated glow—all in just one minute! A combination of natural fruit extracts—including grapefruit, cucumber, papaya and pineapple—and containing 54% all-organic aloe vera gel, our non-invasive 60-Second Miracle Peel gently smoothes and exfoliates without the use of abrasive acids or chemicals and with zero downtime. 2 oz/60 g
Read more about using Aloepure products in the Aloepure Skin Care Products Usage Guide.

Aloette does NOT test its products on animals.

http://www.aloette.com/Skin_Care/Exfoliators/Restorative_Enzyme_Peel

They have a new one I want to try out:

Dragonberry Enzyme Peel

Description
A fresh new twist on an Aloette favorite, our Dragonberry Enzyme Peel provides all the skin renewing benefits of our original 60-Second Miracle Peel plus the added benefits of dragon fruit—an antioxidant-rich tropical fruit native to Central and South America that only blooms at night. As pineapple enzymes gently exfoliate the skin, this exotic fruit, along with cranberry, blueberry and other fruit extracts, infuses the skin with antioxidants to fight free radicals during and after the peeling process.

http://www.aloette.com/Skin_Care/Exfoliators/Dragonberry_Enzyme_Peel

Benefits, it just loosens any dead surface cells and then just gently rolls them off leaving skin glowing and fresh!
I think exfoliation also aids in product penetration. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Ooo thanks DM. Those sound really nice! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 9:50 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Ooo thanks DM. Those sound really nice! Very Happy

You are welcome EG,

I have only used the original but it is aloe based (the whole line) but it is very gentle compared to many "peels" out there! I don't have sensitive skin but I believe it is good even for those who do. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I think I've come across people saying they use this and that it was gentle. I'll have to put these on my wish list. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:06 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
Yes, I think I've come across people saying they use this and that it was gentle. I'll have to put these on my wish list. Very Happy

EG,

I don't buy anything else from the line but I won't be without this one, one reason I haven't tried the Dragonfruit one is because I stocked up and have 4 jars of the original! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:09 am      Reply with quote
LOL! By the time you get around to trying the dragonfruit one, they'll have another new one out. Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:22 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
LOL! By the time you get around to trying the dragonfruit one, they'll have another new one out. Laughing

LOL Probably true EG, I have kept the unused sealed in a cool dark place and no drying out so just maybe in a month or two I will have to try the new one! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I hope you post your thoughts on it and which one you like better out of the two. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 am      Reply with quote
egyptiangoddess wrote:
I hope you post your thoughts on it and which one you like better out of the two. Very Happy

Of course EG I absolutely adore the original, hence the stockpiling. Bad Grin

But when I try the Dragonfruit I will compare the two! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |