Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Fine Lines/Thicker eyelashes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SJP116

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I know these topics have been overdone but I'm new! Smile What is the best DIY remedy for fine lines and what does everyone recommend for thicker eyelashes? Thanks!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome! Smile The search function - right at the top of the page - is worth getting your head around. If you click on 'search for all terms' and 'display results as topics' it is easy to select the threads you want.

You can't thicken individual lashes AFAIK, but you can make them longer and more of them with bimatoprost (brands Latisse or Careprost). Fine lines ... depends if you are talking about dehydration or ageing or both, where they are on the face, your skin type and current routine. For ageing vitamin C with a retinoid is proven effective, but not all forms suit all skins.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Welcome! Smile The search function - right at the top of the page - is worth getting your head around. If you click on 'search for all terms' and 'display results as topics' it is easy to select the threads you want.

You can't thicken individual lashes AFAIK, but you can make them longer and more of them with bimatoprost (brands Latisse or Careprost). Fine lines ... depends if you are talking about dehydration or ageing or both, where they are on the face, your skin type and current routine. For ageing vitamin C with a retinoid is proven effective, but not all forms suit all skins.

I think you may want to check your facts, you only have the same number of hair follicles you were born with, what you can do is thicken hairs/lashes with unclogged follicles and encourage dormant follicles to start sprouting hairs with enhancers.

You can't create follicles and therefore hairs/lashes that never existed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
An average person has an estimated 5 million hair follicles on his or her body and about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs on the scalp. You are born with the largest number of hair follicles you will possess in your lifetime. No new follicles are formed after birth.

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/skin-and-hair/the-hairy-truth

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:31 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I think you may want to check your facts, you only have the same number of hair follicles you were born with, what you can do is thicken hairs/lashes with unclogged follicles and encourage dormant follicles to start sprouting hairs with enhancers.

You can't create follicles and therefore hairs/lashes that never existed.

Once again, read what I actually posted instead of what you erroneously infer from what I post. Previous discussion on this subject plus review articles
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6443227
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20384750
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2861943/?tool=pubmed

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I read it thanks, along with my Trichology text books...everything you ever wanted to know about all aspects of hair!

Firefox7275 wrote:

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
My understanding is that we are born with a finite number of follicles, but not all follicles are producing hair at any given time.

Some follicles that were not producing hair, can suddenly begin to produce hair (example, hormonal changes related to puberty, meno, etc.)

Correct me if I am wrong.

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
My understanding is that we are born with a finite number of follicles, but not all follicles are producing hair at any given time.

Some follicles that were not producing hair, can suddenly begin to produce hair (example, hormonal changes related to puberty, meno, etc.)

Correct me if I am wrong.

BFG

Exactly my point we can not create MORE follicles, we can with enhancers jump start dormant follicles to produce hair.
Hormones and Meno ect. just cause those small almost peach fuzz hairs to go a wee tad nuts and produce thick dark hair, but that hair was already there!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:50 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I read it thanks, along with my Trichology text books...everything you ever wanted to know about all aspects of hair!

Firefox7275 wrote:

Smile

Emboldened for clarification. More lashes does not translate to more follicles. Rolling Eyes Dormant follicles do not all contain vellus hairs.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hair Follicle

Definition:

The opening of the skin, commonly called the pore, which contains the hair shaft and root.

Oil produced by the sebaceous glands is delivered to the surface of the skin through the follicle. It is this opening in which a comedo may begin.

Hair follicles are found over the entire body, with the exception of the palms of the hands and soles of the feet.

http://acne.about.com/od/acneinformationglossary/g/hairfollicle.htm

A hair follicle is a skin organ that produces hair. Hair production occurs in phases, including a growth phase (anagen), and cessation phase (catagen), and a rest phase (telogen). Stem cells are principally responsible for the production of hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_follicle

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Fine lines of skin has a wonderful treatment called microdermabrasion, though i have never used it but i know this technique is best for this problem and have seen its fantastic result on many people.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |