Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Lifeline Skin Care
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:48 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I [snip] tried AA which I did not like at all (putting it mildly).

I knew I would never be happy with the LL alone, I may add it in somewhere with the RL [snip]

What didn't you like about the AA? I was going to try it, but without samples I think I'm just moving on with the LL.

I am currently using both LL and Reluma. In fact, I was going to raise the question: is there a good reason not to? I am using RL in the am, and LL in the pm. I did use the RL moisturiser once or twice over the LL but then I got leery about mixing them in one session.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I knew I would never be happy with the LL alone, I may add it in somewhere with the RL [snip]

What didn't you like about the AA? I was going to try it, but without samples I think I'm just moving on with the LL.

I am currently using both LL and Reluma. In fact, I was going to raise the question: is there a good reason not to? I am using RL in the am, and LL in the pm. I did use the RL moisturiser once or twice over the LL but then I got leery about mixing them in one session.

Well aren't you brilliant, excellent way to mix two of these! One in morning one in evening, the goal is great skin, how one gets there isn't as important as the goal! We just all want to know how one gets there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I do not want trouble I will pm you my very personal issues with AA in the very near future. I will say comparing AA and RL I find the RL is doing much more positive for me (my skin). Wink

I agree with Tiny brilliant on using the 2 the way you are, I just can't get past the chemical SS in the LL! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
DM, I don't care for sunscreens at all, they make my face like an oil slick. The LL day serum also made my face too shiny, so I didn't reorder.

I have only reordered the LL night serum. When my Reluma is finished, I will use the night serum in the day as well, with my own SS over the top if necessary (though there is so little sun here my mineral powder will probably do fine over the LL)
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:

I don't like the idea of mixing growth factors from didn't sources, but I have absolutely no "data" to back up my opinion, so hopefully someone way smarter than me (maybe CM?) will weight in on this. I guess logic would dictate that a growth factor is a growth factor and as long as they are from the same species it shouldn't make any difference. I tend to be overly conservative with my skin care Embarassed
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Nooooooooo.... I've run out!! I've only just placed my reorder, so it'll be at least 2 weeks until I receive more Shock
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
Nooooooooo.... I've run out!! I've only just placed my reorder, so it'll be at least 2 weeks until I receive more Shock

I hate when that happens! I started ordering a replacement bottle of stuff with no indicator window as soon as I open the extra I keep on hand. I used to wait until I was 2 or 3 weeks into a bottle, but then I would forget to reorder. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:

I can get you at least two more days worth. Take a metal file or small screw driver and use it to pop off the gray plastic ring on the top. Put your file right above the spout and just pop off the ring. You can then pop out the inner tube and unscrew the top and use a q tip to get a little more out. When you are done with that you can use a small scissors to pop off the bottom and then you can push the little tube out and get even more. I love these bottles because every last drop is accessible. You just need to be creative !
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
karenlee wrote:

I can get you at least two more days worth. Take a metal file or small screw driver and use it to pop off the gray plastic ring on the top. Put your file right above the spout and just pop off the ring. You can then pop out the inner tube and unscrew the top and use a q tip to get a little more out. When you are done with that you can use a small scissors to pop off the bottom and then you can push the little tube out and get even more. I love these bottles because every last drop is accessible. You just need to be creative !

I figured that one out on my first bottle! I let no drop escape! Laughing
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
karenlee wrote:

I hate when that happens! I started ordering a replacement bottle of stuff with no indicator window as soon as I open the extra I keep on hand. I used to wait until I was 2 or 3 weeks into a bottle, but then I would forget to reorder. Sad

I was waiting, hoping a friend would travel to USA again and bring some back (UK) for me. Didn't happen so I bit the bullet and reordered, now I've got the whole customs hoo-ha to look forward to, yay.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
karenlee wrote:

brilliant!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Just giving a thumbs up for customer service from Lifeline - when I told them I had run out, they put an express order through, and even phoned me in London to get my cc details to hurry the order!

Now, I'm just waiting. Using Retin-A while I wait.

(Anyone else use Retin-A with LL? I found I had to be careful - after years my skin was used to RA but using it with LL sort of put it on speed, and I got the peelies for the first time in years)
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Received my order yesterday, gave my face a good dose last night (with Sqoom); now I've finished my Reluma trial, I am using only this, with a little EL moisturizer on top at night.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi there i am really wanting to try the stem cell serums but cant decide which one lifeline or reluma.Also where to by the lifeline one.I found the website to purchase the reluma one.The reluma also seems to be a bit cheaper in price.I live in the uk so need it shipped here.I would be intersted in your comments.xx
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi there i am really wanting to try the stem cell serums but cant decide which one lifeline or reluma.Also where to by the lifeline one.I found the website to purchase the reluma one.The reluma also seems to be a bit cheaper in price.I live in the uk so need it shipped here.I would be intersted in your comments.xx

Hi Marcia

If you google 'lifeline skin care' you will find the company who manufacture and sell the cream - I am in the UK too, and I buy direct from the official site.

I have tried both Reluma and LL, and found LL suits me better - RL was too sticky for me, i found it hard to spread, it clogged my pores and had an awful smell to my nose. LL on the other hand is a thin lotion with little odor which spreads easily, sinks in beautifully and leaves my skin matt looking. The downside (which is why I tried RL) is that it left my skin a bit dry looking. After trying RL though, I went back to LL and just added a standard moisturiser on top.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:

Just saw your post, prob because Karens alerted me, but I have opposite experience with Reluma than Karen. Serum sinks right in, spreads easy, cream does as well. I did try Stemulation and had the tacky experience (others do not), I do love their booster even tho tacky, but love the exfoliation I get from it. That said, those using LL tend to really like it (Bushy has had amazing results). I went with RL due to cheaper it was on sale at time and a lot cheaper than it is now. LL might be cheaper to use if you just use one of them and not both. One has sunscreen (day), night does not. I personally think they are both very good products. A few have complained about smell of RL (others don't notice it), it goes poof within 30 secs for me, others apparently not. Amazing how diff we all are!!! I would advise reading the older Lifeline thread, and the RL thread and a there are a few on Stemulation as well, then you can compare cost and decide which reviewers your skins more like.

which ever you choose, its a long term results product, so its not a try it for a month to see product. If anyone is expecting miracles in a month, forget it. Just thought you'd want to know that before you jump.

Ok long winded but I hope that helps you some.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies thank you for your replies .I have asked LL for a few samples so hopefully they arrive soon.Dont know where i would get a RL sample though.To be honest they both sound like they will deliver results so will just have to buy one and see how it goes .Tiny you right when you say you need to give it time.I never excpect miracles i always give at least 3 months to see some difference.I will keep you posted when i finally choose one.xx
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi ladies thank you for your replies .I have asked LL for a few samples so hopefully they arrive soon.Dont know where i would get a RL sample though.To be honest they both sound like they will deliver results so will just have to buy one and see how it goes .Tiny you right when you say you need to give it time.I never excpect miracles i always give at least 3 months to see some difference.I will keep you posted when i finally choose one.xx

I think your right, they both deliver. Great idea on samples at least that way you know if LL suits you. Not sure if anyone had samples of RL, haven't checked.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies i have been toying with the idea of derma fillers for a cheek enhancment just to give them a wee lift .Also some botox for my number 11 line .I went to see a lady who is well known and a practice nurse and who has lots of background in the buissness.She said i didnt NEED it as i had no sagging but did say it would just enhance what i have .She reccomended juverderm voluma in cheeks and a tiny bit of botox in the frown line.The price would be £450.00 as i dont need a lot.The nurse is the same age as me and she looked great and she told me what she had done.Cheeks and forehead she also said she didnt need it but it made her look less tired and gave her more confidance .The best thing was you could never tell she had anything done.I also use tua trend ,derma roller,collagen lite therapy,pmd microderm ,You name it ive got it and what she did say was whatever im doing is working and to keep it up.What i would like to know is what were your results? and was there anyone who had anything go wrong? .Has anyone had juvederm in their cheeks and did you like it?.The before and afters ive seen online look great but you never know if they are real or not.Would love your input on this .xx
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Sorry ladies the above wasnt meant to be posted here .I meant to start a new post which i will do now.Dont know what the heck i did.sorry xx
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I am about to start month 8 of Lifeline and I continue to be very pleased with the product. It has definitely changed my skin for the better. In addition to the improvements I’ve reported in the past (no more actinic keratosis, no more milia) I’ve seen further fading of brown age spots and uneven pigmentation (about 99% gone), and I continue to see an improvement in fine lines. IPL can fix the pigmentation issues a bit, but the age spots tend to come back over time. That has not been the case for me since I started with the Lifeline.

My skin is definitely thicker. I have added Retin A to my evening routine and vitamin A products have always been virtually impossible for me to use. I alternate my evening routine between Lifeline alone, Lifeline plus Retin A, Lineline plus .5 mm dermaroll and I am not experiencing any negative effects.

I love, love, love the hydration I get from this product. Many if not most of you don’t see that as a big deal, but in my case, my skin became dry and blotchy with age, and Lifeline solved that problem right away.

And lastly, I had lost a little hair from using the Efudex product a few years ago to remove some actinic keratosis on my forehead very close to my hairline. So now when applying Lifeline to my forehead I kind of push it back into my hairline and I am seeing a bunch of new growth in the thinning area. I’m still convinced that this is the best product that I have ever used. It is not miraculous, but I like what I see when I look in the mirror. My opinion is that this is definitely a product for the “mature woman”.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Funny thing about hair growth. I've been using AA and my eyebrows are filling in. Also, I used a gel exfoliant the other day and noticed bits of it stuck on fine hair on the lower part of my face. Luckily they're blond and fine. It didn't make sense till I realized that's where a beard would start be if I were male! I love the prOduct and will continue unless it becomes really noticeable. That said, I ordered Reluma for hair loss!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
I am about to start month 8 of Lifeline and I continue to be very pleased with the product. It has definitely changed my skin for the better. In addition to the improvements I’ve reported in the past (no more actinic keratosis, no more milia) I’ve seen further fading of brown age spots and uneven pigmentation (about 99% gone), and I continue to see an improvement in fine lines. IPL can fix the pigmentation issues a bit, but the age spots tend to come back over time. That has not been the case for me since I started with the Lifeline.

My skin is definitely thicker. I have added Retin A to my evening routine and vitamin A products have always been virtually impossible for me to use. I alternate my evening routine between Lifeline alone, Lifeline plus Retin A, Lineline plus .5 mm dermaroll and I am not experiencing any negative effects.

I love, love, love the hydration I get from this product. Many if not most of you don’t see that as a big deal, but in my case, my skin became dry and blotchy with age, and Lifeline solved that problem right away.

And lastly, I had lost a little hair from using the Efudex product a few years ago to remove some actinic keratosis on my forehead very close to my hairline. So now when applying Lifeline to my forehead I kind of push it back into my hairline and I am seeing a bunch of new growth in the thinning area. I’m still convinced that this is the best product that I have ever used. It is not miraculous, but I like what I see when I look in the mirror. My opinion is that this is definitely a product for the “mature woman”.

Great review and it tells me what I have been thinking, this is (meaning sc stuff) long term and really good. While I've said if I were not seeing results along the way, I wouldn't continue and While I still agree with that statement, I think the bigger results are way down the road. So thanks for filling us in.

Marina, while I am not using LL, I do see a bit more peach fuzz, but its only peach fuzz and easy to deal with. Others have said, I think it was Riley, that if it is growing hair then it also shows its working on some level, so to speak, if it can do that, then theres hope its doing more. I tend to agree with that. Not saying I want a beard and I've been on it long enough to know I won't be getting one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Got this email yesterday. Lifeline 2 pack day and night serum are on sale till 9-30. $43.00 dollars off. If anyone is interested.

https://www.lifelineskincare.com/shop/lifeline-daynight-moisture-serum-2pk?coupon=72HOURS&utm_source=September-26-Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=September-26-Newsletter

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered a free sample...this may be my next SS product since I won't use AA and didn't like the smell of RL. Let's hope the 3rd time is a charm!

Can anyone advise me how I would incorporate this with my Environ products that I should use 2x a day? Thanks!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |