Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fifty Shades....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
miss_taken

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Just read in the local paper the author is making 1 million a week due to sales.
Can't lie, I shelled out the cash for all three.
It was trash, but it sure kept me going at the gym Laughing
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Anyone have a pdf?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am disappointed that Alexes Blendel is playing Anastasia Steele.

Here is the trailer:
http://youtu.be/C706KUh32D4?hd=1
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am astonished this has been so successful. I see it as contributory dumbing down of women.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:06 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I am astonished this has been so successful. I see it as contributory dumbing down of women.

aw yes! I thought the same when it got to the part of sub & dom. That was an automatic turn off for me and I had to put the book down.

Did you read all three books? I don't want to say too much here, but the level of confidence in Anastasia....
Well, please let me know if you read all three.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Oh my. I could hardly choke my way through the first one and still didn't finish it. It was so sophomoric. All I could think was ...dime store romance. I'm still scratching my head as to who in the world has made these so popular and why.... Same ones who drool over the Bachelorette and such most likely. Just not for me - that's all. Obviously I'm in the minority. I'll take Harry Potter anyday. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Well, stumbling on this thread had made me feel better!

All this hoohaw about nothing, its all a load of drivel!
This is not writing to me, the author must be laughing all the way to the bank. Just shows what a bit of publicity can accomplish. I think it makes women look ridiculous, getting all hot and bothered about a book, haven't they ever had good sex? It's a bit sad in a way. Just my opinion.

Give me a good story anytime!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
lol

My coworker is reading it now & others just shake their head to it, but at the end to they day, they ask about the story and daily follow-up to know what has happened next!

They just get their own book and read it since they are hooked.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to post in here earlier, but we were still under maintenance.

I just wanted to say that I'm thinking about getting it out of curiosity, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed....If I read it, at least I'll finally get all the jokes.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:03 am      Reply with quote
The best way I can say it is that if you have minimum expectations, you will not be disappointed! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
The best way I can say it is that if you have minimum expectations, you will not be disappointed! Laughing

LMAO! after reading all of these comments, I am going to stick to historical romance novels. At least I know I'll learn something and perhaps even enjoy it Cool
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:02 am      Reply with quote
SS I have to agree with you on this one , Ive dipped into the first one as a friend lent it to me.

Its terrible Exclamation Exclamation Repetitive, boring ,and badly written.
And sooo derogatory to women, and the premise that his abusive past,causes his sadomasochistic behaviour and that he can be changed through this simpering, unrealistic , stupid girl is ridiculous.

If either of my girls was seeing a "man" like this I would just have to risk doing time to rid the poor sod of his miserable existence.

Please everyone don't give this woman any more money, she might just begin to think she can write,just download it for free if you have to read the drivel.
This is probably the first time I have ever wanted to use a book to light my wood stove, it is that good ,NOT.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |