Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Crazy or not? Using hand held carpet vacuum 2 tighten skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so I know it's a goofy idea, and of course, not made for this purpose, but....all inventions came from someone thinking....lol.

For years I have wondered if using a lower powered vacccum "like a little Dirt Devil" or smaller light vacuum might help lift sagging skin such as the cups or vaculift. I AM NOT saying anyone should try this, so please, this is just my crazy, saggy mind. But I would assume at a low intensity, it could certainly stimulate blood flow and maybe even work on cellulite....???

Have I lost my cotton-pickin' mind, lol, or um...has anyone else thought of this or tried it? To be honest, I did try it once over a pair of spandex pants...but felt like an idiot...because I know it could be damaging and their is not a Dirt Devil Wink made for this purpose. Specs, strength, etc. I know it's goofy, but hey, we put needles in our face and acid, why not Hoover Vac our saggin butts, lol.
I realize there is Vaculift and cupping but I can't use those....for various reasons.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Umm.... how powerful IS that DirtDevil? Im glad you tried it OVER a pair of pants - that might have saved your skin somewhat.

Kudos to you for thinking outside the box but I would worry about some capillaries getting blown that way!

Im not a fan of the cupping devices either, mind. I know others like them so I wont say more. Just my preference to avoid something like that.

Dermarolling has lots of precise instructions for its use, but DirtDevilling .... ehhhhh...
Laughing

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-explained/

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie

thanks, lol. I know it sounds crazy. I too was worried abt the damage it might do to the skin. But in theory, it should be easy to create something like this. I know they have something called Verseo roller for cellulite but it does not have good reviews. I just think if made my skin care people, or medical people, it would ROCK. Just vacuum it all up...lol. I tried dermaroll several times...but it is so so painful. I have health issues so its brutal. I got mine from place you mentioned.

Do you actually dermaroll your legs????????

thanks for your reply..I just want to Dirt Devil my thighs...(not really). I was thinking more along the lines of a hand vaccum or light one, nothing heavy.....
Bad Grin
fawnie wrote:
Umm.... how powerful IS that DirtDevil? Im glad you tried it OVER a pair of pants - that might have saved your skin somewhat.

Kudos to you for thinking outside the box but I would worry about some capillaries getting blown that way!

Im not a fan of the cupping devices either, mind. I know others like them so I wont say more. Just my preference to avoid something like that.

Dermarolling has lots of precise instructions for its use, but DirtDevilling .... ehhhhh...
Laughing

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-explained/

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!! Shock

No, you should NOT publish this kind of information!! Laughing

I don't have a hand held vacuum cleaner, my mom has one that I know she doesn't use, ... anyhow, so there I go and before writing I've tried my hoover/ vacuum cleaner Rowenta 2000 watts, taken off the carpet device, so was left with the tube and applied to my right buttock thinking it was only strong enough to suck up dust and hair... Arrow WOW! ... Really this could be something worthwhile using!!! I've got a red right buttock right now, don't have skin issues must say, so I may give this a try for maybe four weeks with a bit of oil on skin for the vacuum hose to glide over just to see how it could help with cellulite.
Maybe you could create a blog: Hoover/Vacuum clean your buttocks Laughing !!!
Thanks, I do love this forum!!! Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
LOL Dont let it go as far as "DIY Plastic Surgery" tho... the lady in Chgo who died after injecting her face with hot beef fat? She actually died soon after from a separate cause but it was found out then what she had done. The lengths we go to when the economy sucks. (not so funny really)

I have an image of someone trying self-liposuction with this DirtDevil idea. NOT A GOOD IDEA FOLKS!!! Sepsis *WILL* occur.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
A Tester

Love it...lol. I could be the blogging Bissel girl. I think there is a vacuum called Bissel. HA HA

Like I said, for anyone reading this, I AM NOT advocating this. I am just crazy enough to vacuum my own tushy. I also used an attachment hose the one time I tried it. I just could not stop thinking "what the bleep is wrong with me" that I have resorted to putting a Dirt Devil on my flabby butt. Life is too short not to laugh at yourself, lol. I eat well, work out, am in shape but thin with loose skin, very loose, so why not suck it up while I am cleaning around the house. 5 minutes to vacuum the small second bedroom and 5 minutes to HOOOOVERIZE or DEVILIZE me.
I DO love this forum. I sure do.
Very Happy
ATester wrote:
OMG!!! Shock

No, you should NOT publish this kind of information!! Laughing

I don't have a hand held vacuum cleaner, my mom has one that I know she doesn't use, ... anyhow, so there I go and before writing I've tried my hoover/ vacuum cleaner Rowenta 2000 watts, taken off the carpet device, so was left with the tube and applied to my right buttock thinking it was only strong enough to suck up dust and hair... Arrow WOW! ... Really this could be something worthwhile using!!! I've got a red right buttock right now, don't have skin issues must say, so I may give this a try for maybe four weeks with a bit of oil on skin for the vacuum hose to glide over just to see how it could help with cellulite.
Maybe you could create a blog: Hoover/Vacuum clean your buttocks Laughing !!!
Thanks, I do love this forum!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Youve def crossed the line skincarecat! Laughing
Blogging Bissell girl for sure! Im pretty sure there have been others out there who have looked at that DirtDevil and had the same EUREKA! moment.

Btw. The guys have certainly had this moment too. There is an ED device that is essentially a vacuum tube placed over the offending member and when suction is applied.... well you get the upshot of it. And here is the peer-reviewd research to explain it: **funny how when guys come up with a useful idea they all get together and do a research study, but girls just blog about it and do it anyway!!! Laughing **

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3344556

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie is right, I apologize, I am not suggesting it for others, I just was wondering if people had tried anything like this...or found a method using something other than the usual tools (cupping etc)

I know a lot of us will try many things to enhance our skin/looks, etc. So please don't take this as a suggestion .....maybe we should take down the post. Just because I think of crazy things, does not mean anyone should even consider it. Whomever thought of needling had to be half crazy at first, (lol) kidding...but I do understand how it works. And tools were developed to do that in a healthy way. I hope it's clear I am not advocating for Dirt Devils...lol... for anyone. I hope people are versed enough to know there was a lot of humor in my post, not a method of action to take that I thought was good/bad etc.
- I have an off beat mind and sense of humor.

fawnie wrote:
LOL Dont let it go as far as "DIY Plastic Surgery" tho... the lady in Chgo who died after injecting her face with hot beef fat? She actually died soon after from a separate cause but it was found out then what she had done. The lengths we go to when the economy sucks. (not so funny really)

I have an image of someone trying self-liposuction with this DirtDevil idea. NOT A GOOD IDEA FOLKS!!! Sepsis *WILL* occur.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skincarecat I wasnt scolding you at all! Lawd knows Im crazy that way too and have tried *a lot* of things that would make your hair stand up! (bird poop facials anyone?)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

No worries Fawnie, I'll certainly not go that far, and least try a self-liposuction,... OUCH.. Not a good idea. Wink
Yet the suction of the hoover on healthy skin with cellulite... mmm, I may test it out. Laughing
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
mumbles,

it might leave a few "hickies" too Cool
skincarecat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie

Awesome humor, vacuum humor, a whole new line of comedy is "sweeping" over the nation. Too funny about the ED device. We could probably write a book of bad ideas, but they would be funny.

thanks for engaging in a little CLEAN humor and DUSTING off the old laugh tracks
Laughing
fawnie wrote:
Blogging Bissell girl for sure! Im pretty sure there have been others out there who have looked at that DirtDevil and had the same EUREKA! moment.

Btw. The guys have certainly had this moment too. There is an ED device that is essentially a vacuum tube placed over the offending member and when suction is applied.... well you get the upshot of it. And here is the peer-reviewd research to explain it: **funny how when guys come up with a useful idea they all get together and do a research study, but girls just blog about it and do it anyway!!! Laughing **

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks

No you made a good point, so I am glad you said something, I did not feel you were scolding me. Some people will do anything...and a lot of it is harmful. I burned the *&&%%)$% out of my face trying my first glycolic peel, using retinol before (DOH!) and then being outside in the sun. I never read up on any of it when I was a newbie. I just went for it, and made a huge mistake. Wish I had tried Bird Poop instead...lol
fawnie wrote:
Skincarecat I wasnt scolding you at all! Lawd knows Im crazy that way too and have tried *a lot* of things that would make your hair stand up! (bird poop facials anyone?)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

Laughing I've had to check through google who "Bissell" was,... Laughing
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
skincarecat wrote:
Fawnie
Awesome humor, vacuum humor, a whole new line of comedy is "sweeping" over the nation. Too funny about the ED device. We could probably write a book of bad ideas, but they would be funny.

thanks for engaging in a little CLEAN humor and DUSTING off the old laugh tracks
Laughing

Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
mumbles,

LMAO...The Vacuumed Black and Blue, Hickey Buttocks Bloggers, I can see comparing the best brands for suction and glide now! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Great! How am I suppose to explain a hickie on my a$$ to my husband? Laughing Maybe I could tell him I read about it in 50 Shades Of Gray. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Well here ya go: someone has written a whole article about the cellulite attachment:

http://www.homecellulitetherapy.com/controller.aspx?dID=197&id=568

"The Cellulite Smoother™ gently draws up a skin fold and rolls it, painlessly and deeply manipulating the underlying tissues to break up pockets of cellulite and stimulate circulation through all the skin layers. The increased blood and lymph flows bring fresh oxygen and nutrients to all the layers of skin and even to the tissues below the skin. This improved circulation then flushes away the excess water, fats and cell wastes freed up by the massage improving the appearance of your cellulite."

Right.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Great! How am I suppose to explain a hickie on my a$$ to my husband? Laughing Maybe I could tell him I read about it in 50 Shades Of Gray. Razz

Just ask him in the most innocent way "Honey don't you remember what you did last night?" rofl rofl

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
LM(hickied)AO!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Skip to 3:00 in this vid to see how you TOO! can have sexxy Pete Burns pron lips using this suction device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJ8tZ6kNqg

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Skip to 3:00 in this vid to see how you TOO! can have sexxy Pete Burns pron lips using this suction device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJ8tZ6kNqg

OMG!! Shock Why would they use a model who already has full lips to demonstrate this contraption? Her lips afterwards are laughable! Laughing Talk about your duck lips.

And I love the quote about the bride: For the bride who has everything: a perfect life and perfect lips. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Tiny wrote:
mumbles,

LMAO...The Vacuumed Black and Blue, Hickey Buttocks Bloggers, I can see comparing the best brands for suction and glide now! Bad Grin

I vote you do this, but we will need before and after pic's and if you would please do a video, we could upload it too youtube Laughing Laughing

perhaps you could do a handheld vs a upright Dancing
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ahem! Darkmoon and Tiny, have you tried it?
Serious here by the way.
Crazy as it may seem... try it and THEN give an opinion.
Yes, I know, it is all fun, crazy stuff, laugh, let's have fun... but HEY... I've had a couple "professional" treatments for cellulite and THIS just seems the same to me!! Honest!!
I'm a very sensible person but with that frame of mind I do dare try out procedures that are not the norm,... not crazy, just not accepted.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Ahem! Darkmoon and Tiny, have you tried it?
Serious here by the way.
Crazy as it may seem... try it and THEN give an opinion.
Yes, I know, it is all fun, crazy stuff, laugh, let's have fun... but HEY... I've had a couple "professional" treatments for cellulite and THIS just seems the same to me!! Honest!!
I'm a very sensible person but with that frame of mind I do dare try out procedures that are not the norm,... not crazy, just not accepted.

Cool I'd have to wear sunglasses now to go into the store and buy a vacumn cleaner Laughing Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |