Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
acv mole removal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jamie777

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i have recently removed a large raised mole 1cm x .5cm in size, the scab fell off and the area is now pink and is larger then what the mole was, there is still a very very slight bump but i can deal with that as long as the pink skin goes back to normal. i have tried a few times to remove this mole with no success but this time it has worked, though at the moment it looks really bad. its made me very self conscious.

will it ever go back to normal or is it scarred and staying how it is?
how can i accelerate the healing process?
i used apple cider vinegar ive heard this doesnt leave scars as it breaks up scar tissue is this true?

thanks
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
jamie777 wrote:
Hi, i have recently removed a large raised mole 1cm x .5cm in size, the scab fell off and the area is now pink and is larger then what the mole was, there is still a very very slight bump but i can deal with that as long as the pink skin goes back to normal. i have tried a few times to remove this mole with no success but this time it has worked, though at the moment it looks really bad. its made me very self conscious.

will it ever go back to normal or is it scarred and staying how it is?
how can i accelerate the healing process?
i used apple cider vinegar ive heard this doesnt leave scars as it breaks up scar tissue is this true?

thanks

I am not sure I would think it will eventually return to normal.

Did you have it checked by a doctor before removing it?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:48 am      Reply with quote
no i did not unfortunately
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Jamie777, I saw a product advertised on Mike Adam's "Natural News" site that you might want to check out. It's a natural and organic product called H-Scar that's supposed to reduce the appearance of all types of scars. The company also sells a natural mole removal product, and it's suggested at their site that H-Scar can be used to heal the area the mole was removed from more quickly.

I have not used either of these products myself, so I can't vouch for their effectiveness, but just wanted to pass the information along so you could check for yourself and see what you think.

The H-Scar is here: http://www.amoils.com/scars.html

Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
It usually takes approx 3 months or so after surgery for skin to look n feel normal... mederma is great to take out the redness from scars in addition to flattening them especially for new scars....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Studies show that tamanu oil is supposed to help reduce inflammation and scarring....it is one of my favorite oils because it can reduce pimple redness by half overnight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Applying acids is not going to speed the collagen remodelling, you risk causing irritation/ inflammation. AFAIK acetic acid doesn't have keratolytic properties anyway. IMO you would be better off applying actives with proven healing or collagen inducing properties.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
jamie777

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the replies guys, is it best to apply products asap or later on when the skin is as good as it will get?
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Why don't you just apply neosporin to the area? That's what most derms have people do after removing a mole anyway and keeping it covered.

I have heard of using acv to remove moles in the past, but I was skeptical as to whether or not it really worked.

I have read that if you use this method, you should apply Aquaphor to the skin surrounding the mole so that it doesn't burn your skin.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased Dermatend today...it is supposed to get rid of moles. Can't wait to try it. I have done acv...and it sort of worked for me. I think if I would have stuck with it ..eventually it would have gotten rid of the mole. I just want something faster and more precise. I'll report back if it works.
jamie777

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
when i apply pressure to the area then take it off the redness is completely gone for a second or two and looks like normal skin, is this a good sign that pigmentation will return?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
jamie777 wrote:
when i apply pressure to the area then take it off the redness is completely gone for a second or two and looks like normal skin, is this a good sign that pigmentation will return?

how long ago did you have the mole removed?
jamie777

Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
jamie777 wrote:

4 or 5 days ago
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
jamie777 wrote:
thanks for the replies guys, is it best to apply products asap or later on when the skin is as good as it will get?

Depends which products you are referring to. Don't apply anything now which has a destructive action or is a known irritant, for example acids, only products that encourage healing and collagen production. Once the skin is fully healed (under the surface, not just superficially) then you can risk acids or irritants.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
jamie777

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
jamie777 wrote:

Depends which products you are referring to. Don't apply anything now which has a destructive action or is a known irritant, for example acids, only products that encourage healing and collagen production. Once the skin is fully healed (under the surface, not just superficially) then you can risk acids or irritants.

what about the use of "ScarAway"(silicone sheets) read positive reviews everywhere, available on amazon. when does the wound internally heal?
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:23 am      Reply with quote
jamie777 wrote:
daler wrote:
jamie777 wrote:

4 or 5 days ago

o yes, you ll be fine, 4, 5 days is not enough time for skin to heal, even a scratch takes longer to fully heal...I would suggest not to irritate the skin by touching, rubbing, or applying acids and like... it takes time for skin to repair.. give it a month at least... and in 3 months time it should be all fine...
skinhelp
5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
What did you actually use to remove the mole?
jamie777

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:39 am      Reply with quote
skinhelp wrote:
What did you actually use to remove the mole?

apple cider vinegar
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:24 am      Reply with quote
jamie777 wrote:

what about the use of "ScarAway"(silicone sheets) read positive reviews everywhere, available on amazon. when does the wound internally heal?

Wound healing rates vary from person to person and with the depth of the wound. IMO give it two to four weeks after the surface heals and the erythema has gone before you use anything drying or irritant.

If you have to repeat this process don't allow the wound to scab over, because this slows healing and is higher risk for scarring. Instead purchase some flexible, semi permeable wound dressings from a pharmacy: Tegaderm or a cheaper equivalent. You can leave one in place for up to five days so they work out quite economical. Wounds heal better in a wet environment and the dressing will act as an 'artificial scab'.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry and I have nothing against removing a mole at home IF it has been checked by a doctor first to rule out any possible pre-cancerous conditions. These moles are some of the most common signs of something possibly dangerous if not treated properly!
Please have any mole checked! Smile

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:17 am      Reply with quote
the mole is growing back, im just going to leave it be and get it removed by a doctor which i should have done in the first place....
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out a book from the library called Edgar Caycee Remedies. One of the things he said to do was to put castor oil on it, twice a day, massage it in.
I was going to see if there was an internet source for his remedies, a print out of common things like this.
Would that not be cool, if it worked? So simple.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Why is apple cider vinegar always recommended for the treatment of moles, warts, nail fungus, etc, and not ordinary malt vinegar?
Is acv stronger?
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Why is apple cider vinegar always recommended for the treatment of moles, warts, nail fungus, etc, and not ordinary malt vinegar?
Is acv stronger?

AVC has other healthy attributes to it, enzymes, its a live fermentation, lots of potassium..

Here is a site where they are discussing the very same thing, one person said the castor oil I mentioned did not work, the avc did: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/moles3.html
aprilbree

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I used ACV to kill a wart. It worked! I tried a couple of moles using the way others did in earth clinic and didn't do much. But I think I didn't do it right. With my wart, I soaked a cotton ball with ACV and taped it to my wart. I left it there overnight. The next day, my wart was a deep crater, but the skin around the wart was red, raised, and tender. Then I read on earth clinic that others recommended putting vaseline around the mole or wart for that reason, as the ACV can "burn" the skin. I did it again for another night. Then my wart turned black and the scab just fell off a few days ago. It took about two weeks all together. With the mole, I scratched the top of it with a needle like the others did, and used the tip of a cotton swab to cover it. I put ACV on the swab, but it wasn't as soaked as the one was with the wart. I had it taped there for a few hours but it didn't seem to have any affect on the mole. I was not diligent, and will retry here in a couple of weeks (after my appointment with my derm to have my annual mole check.)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |