Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vampire Facelift yesterday....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Ugh...I hate having to re-write this post. I wrote a LOOOOOONG one yesterday evening, and then suddenly it disappeared because the site went into "routine maintainence." Dang!.....

I drove to Knoxville, TN yesterday to the YearsYounger Med Spa to see Dr Kevin Stamey, for the Vampire Face Lift (really just Plasma Rich Platelets, also known as PRP.) Dr S is a Medical Doc, not a Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon, and I really liked his approach, which is more on the "natural" side. My face was prepped for 30 minutes with a heavy, sticky, numbing agent "made in a compounding pharmacy." I was completely numbed out...VERY strong stuff that took 5 hours to totally wear off. Anyway, ten minutes into that numbing period, a vial of blood was drawn, then taken in to "spin," to separate plasma and platelets. After 30 minutes, he brought in the vial, added an activator, and began injecting the areas of my face that I had previously expressed concern about: the orbital area around my eyes, nasolabial lines, area above upper lip, and around the corners of my mouth. I did not feel any pain, but could feel a little burning when he injected the areas around the corners of my mouth. He also injected my lips which gave them a nice little poofiness for a while!! The injections lasted around 10 minutes, then he ended the procedure with "La Pag." This involves dragging the needle across the whole face and injecting the platelets more superficially all over, kind of coating the face with the serum. He recommended leaving that on as long as possible, so I didn't wash my face until 8 hours later. I didn't look horrible after the injections, and loved the way the lines on my face were temporarily diminished and filled out. There was some redness around the injection sites but they are not visible today. Mostly I just have some puffiness under my eyes, and one tiny little bruise at the corner of my mouth. I've gone to work now, and no one has noticed anything. I was very diligent about taking Arnica for a few days before and eating a lot of pineapple too (bromelian) and I believe that really helped minimize bruising (because I am a big bruiser~!) The whole appt took 1 hour and 45 minutes and cost $325. They informed me that it will take 3 months to "see" the results. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 am      Reply with quote
what a pain having to write all that twice.

Sounds like a very interesting procedure. I am trying to visualize the needle dragging and thats the only bit that puts me off.

The price sounds good. I am sure when Tiny was talking about this before the prices quoted were higher. So sounds all in all like you got a great deal.

I am definitely interested in your long term results. Please do post how it looks when it settles down etc.

Ty for posting this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:47 am      Reply with quote
This sounds really interesting!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:24 am      Reply with quote
OMG I want to do this, but here I can't find it under 1500!!! I can't wait to here your results!

Bravo!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
OMG I want to do this, but here I can't find it under 1500!!! I can't wait to here your results!

Bravo!

opps ment to add, and thank you so much for such a detailed review!! Sorry you had to do it twice
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Sounds like a very interesting procedure. I am trying to visualize the needle dragging and thats the only bit that puts me off.

The price sounds good. I am sure when Tiny was talking about this before the prices quoted were higher. So sounds all in all like you got a great deal.

I am definitely interested in your long term results. Please do post how it looks when it settles down etc.

Ty for posting this.

Yeah, I agree...the La Pag (pronouced very french) is weird. I was so numb I couldn't tell what he was doing and I still am a little confused by it, but I do see one small needle-drag mark on my cheek. I asked him to explain it a couple of times, and felt embarrassed to ask him again, when I didn't really "get it." Rolling Eyes I tried to google La Pag but didn't find anything. This appartently is part of the technique they learn at Vampire Lift School Smile

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
loopylori wrote:

Ty for posting this.

Yeah, I agree...the La Pag (pronouced very french) is weird. I was so numb I couldn't tell what he was doing and I still am a little confused by it, but I do see one small needle-drag mark on my cheek. I asked him to explain it a couple of times, and felt embarrassed to ask him again, when I didn't really "get it." Rolling Eyes I tried to google La Pag but didn't find anything. This appartently is part of the technique they learn at Vampire Lift School Smile

LOL@ Vampire Lift School MG! Laughing

Congratulations, and thanks that is a very detailed review.

Please keep us posted on your results, I am fascinated by this. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your report! A tv personality over here has had a vampire lift and some other work done and wrote about it. Very natural effect, she was very enthusiastic about the procedure. I hope you will post updates! It will take time to get the full results I understand, but what I saw from that tv personality it's definitely worth the wait!
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for taking the time to re type that! Hate when that happens.

Sounds interesting, and very reasonably priced, something similiar is a lot dearer over here in Australia, about $1200 I believe for a full face.
Please keep us updated with your progress, thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

Bravo!

Where are you Tiny?

Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:35 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Bravo!

Where are you Tiny?

Texas, but I do have a car Laughing
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
V interested in your results MountainGirl! Please keep us up to date!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
MG~ Thanks for your report, interesting. Did Dr.S say how long the results should last?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
MG~ Thanks for your report, interesting. Did Dr.S say how long the results should last?

No....he didn't say how long the results would last, but I might just call his office tomorrow and ask that!

Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
brierrose wrote:

No....he didn't say how long the results would last, but I might just call his office tomorrow and ask that!

The La Prag, sounds like a smoothing treatment! I can't wait to hear your results!
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm not too far from you geographically! Good luck with your results. I've seen before and after pics of people who have had this done and it's like they just keep looking better and better. It's honestly amazing from what I've seen. It's so natural looking too! The new few months should be really exciting for you. Smile
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
The active ingredients in platelet rich plasma are cytokines and growth factors released from platelets. Why would the results with PRP (lysed platelet) injections be any different than deep needling plus targeted cytokine cocktails? Not sure how much PRP has been discussed around here. Interesting stuff. I'll start a new thread so as not to overwhelm this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
The active ingredients in platelet rich plasma are cytokines and growth factors released from platelets. Why would the results with PRP (lysed platelet) injections be any different than deep needling plus targeted cytokine cocktails? Not sure how much PRP has been discussed around here. Interesting stuff. I'll start a new thread so as not to overwhelm this one.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts DrJ. I'm very interested in the comparison of PRP to deep rolling. The only difference my novice mind can conclude, is that the cytokines and growth factors in PRP would be more concentrated when injected in specific areas of the face (?)

Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Mountaingirl,

how does your face feel today? Do you notice anything? I know it takes a bit of time, but any swelling, ect?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
My face looks fine today...no sign I had anything done (especially when compared to dermarolling with a 2mm roller on day 2.) I do feel that my skin is a little plumped out from inflammation, and do still have a little puffiness under each eye, which can't be seen with my glasses on. I didn't get to call the Doc today, to ask, how long it would last...but I'm already thinking that I would like to do this again in about 6 months to keep the regeneration going!

DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
My face looks fine today...no sign I had anything done (especially when compared to dermarolling with a 2mm roller on day 2.) I do feel that my skin is a little plumped out from inflammation, and do still have a little puffiness under each eye, which can't be seen with my glasses on. I didn't get to call the Doc today, to ask, how long it would last...but I'm already thinking that I would like to do this again in about 6 months to keep the regeneration going!

Glad you are recovering quickly. Did your physician recommend every 6 months?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Thanks for the update! I think the swelling would be expected, lack of it, might concern me, that enough was NOT done lmao!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:28 am      Reply with quote
There are other threads here about PRP.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34350

I had it done a couple of years ago. It cost me $850 for one syringe in Australia and I had two treatments in my neck (one syringe each time). Can't say it did a thing for me.

As far as effectiveness is concerned - the opinion of doctors appears to be divided. Many are skeptical. It certainly hasn't been accepted as a total winner by the majority of plastic surgeons.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
There are other threads here about PRP.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34350

I had it done a couple of years ago. It cost me $850 for one syringe in Australia and I had two treatments in my neck (one syringe each time). Can't say it did a thing for me.

As far as effectiveness is concerned - the opinion of doctors appears to be divided. Many are skeptical. It certainly hasn't been accepted as a total winner by the majority of plastic surgeons.

Keliu, I remember you posting that you didn't get any results from the treatments you had. Since it was your neck and not your face, I am wondering if there are areas that are less responsive?? I suspect that most Plastic Surgeons would NOT want PRP to be effective. That would render them superfluous.... Wink

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:51 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I suspect that most Plastic Surgeons would NOT want PRP to be effective. That would render them superfluous.... Wink

Not really - they're making huge money out of Botox and fillers - PRP falls in the same category as that. I don't think it would ever be a solution for facial sagging.

I'm inclined to think that, like everything, you need to have numerous treatments to see real results. And at $850.00 a go, that isn't an option for me. If I were only paying $350.00, I definitely would have more treatments.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |