Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Can Facial Exercise enhance facial features?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CS23
5% products discount

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I know most programs are designed for folks who have lines, wrinkles ans sag. For someone who doesn't have those problems and looking to enhance their appearance will facial exercise help? My cheeks don't sag, they just are flat. I want to have a nice round appearance.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I beleive that they can. My cheek have definitely gotten more rounded (I say "apply") since I started doing Ageless If You Dare almost 6 months ago . Not a huge difference to others probably, but I can definitely see it, even with the smallest smile I make. And as long as I can see it...that's all that really matters to me. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone is different.

Just like body building. One guy can build legs that are HUGE, another guy can't get past string bean.

I've seen people build their cheeks to the point of looking like they've stuffed them with a golf ball. And I've seen other work very hard, and nothing builds. The muscle is tone, but little to no build.

That has more to do with your DNA. You just have to do the work, and pay attn. to your results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
yes, they can, I have very good improvement in my chin!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I definitely think you can enhance things, and build cheekbones where there are none and lots of youngens seem to do just that using the programs out there. The only thing I think I woudl add is that its important not to try to figure out it yourself. If you do a program, follow it through. When I first started out, the internet wasn't around much, and nor was it used heavily like it is today (and I was a complete technophobe in the beginning too), and so many of the things I share I kind of wish someone had told me when I started out because it would have saved me a lot of time!
CS23 wrote:
I know most programs are designed for folks who have lines, wrinkles ans sag. For someone who doesn't have those problems and looking to enhance their appearance will facial exercise help? My cheeks don't sag, they just are flat. I want to have a nice round appearance.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why there's so little scentific research on the benefits of facial exercise? So far, most of the evidence about its benefits are anecdotal.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="VeronicaM"]I wonder why there's so little scentific research on the benefits of facial exercise? So far, most of the evidence about its benefits are anecdotal.[/quote

IMO, Expense first and foremost.

Big companies with lots of money are not looking to sell you a product you don't have to buy over and over again. Therefore, they are not likely to be excited about paying for big studies. Their ROI depends on finding brand new customers over and over.

Then think about what kind of study you would actually be happy with.

Company funded? Then they have a dog in the fight. So most would refute and insist the data are skewed. Regardless of meeting the appropriate scientific standards. So for example if FlexEffect funded it's own study how much weight would you give it?

In all reality, you would want independently funded, peer reviewed and then published. Right?

Not cheap.

Furthermore, those most interested would be in the beauty industry. Although there is increasingly more interest in a therapeutic market.

And then we're back to why would we study something that a person could pay some $100 dollars for, and never need to buy again? When we could take a drug like botox, and sell it by the unit to people who would rather get their fix with little to no effort.

Supply, demand etc.

If you go to pubmed.gov there are about 130 studies on bodybuilding. That's not really that many given how long man has been bodybuilding.

And really, for as many times as I hear women, in particular, state they can't work out with weights for one reason or another, and I see totally differently results from body to body, I think we're nearly dealing with anecdotal evidence there too.

You can not guarantee identical results with bodybuilding even remotely. It will always be about DNA, dedication, comprehension, diet, sleep, etc.

Sound familiar?

In the end, there is more than adequate anecdotal evidence of positive results to warrant a study.

Who would like to pony up? It would be fun, no???

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |