Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Favorite eyeliner for the waterline?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
Goose
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 25
Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Looking for an eyeliner that will not budge on my waterline...What are your favorites?
BellaKai
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Posts: 115
Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Tarte makes great eyeliners for the waterline that doesn't budge and won't irritate your eyes.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 3396
Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Although I find that it's not completely foolproof (ie, waterproof), I really like Chanel's Waterproof Eyeliner pencil. It doesn't sting, is easy to apply, you can sharpen it in order to help with hygiene and it has so far been the longest-lasting and least smudging eyeliner for tightlining that I've yet found. So I imagine it might work well for the waterline.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 1539
Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
smashbox makes one for that area alone, and it has a special brush as well, one thats bent to get were it needs to go!
Alexya
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Dec 2010
Posts: 113
Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite for the waterline is the MAC gel liner. I also have a tightlining kit from Laura Geller that is cake liner. Every so often they put a brush in with the kit, and the brush itself is worth the price of the kit.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is the Smashbox gel with their flat liner brush!

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
jangaming
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jun 2012
Posts: 20
Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:44 am      Reply with quote
i'm using a Japanese brand: Kiss Me. Its liquid eyeliner is great!waterproof, can control the thickness of the line easily. Very Happy
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 1170
Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
My favorite for the waterline is the MAC gel liner. I also have a tightlining kit from Laura Geller that is cake liner. Every so often they put a brush in with the kit, and the brush itself is worth the price of the kit.


Used to love the Mac gel liner too, but I realized after several months of use, that it was the cause of my red, irritated eyes. If your eyes are sensitive, this may not be the one for you!

_________________
Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Posts: 1539
Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Alexya wrote:
My favorite for the waterline is the MAC gel liner. I also have a tightlining kit from Laura Geller that is cake liner. Every so often they put a brush in with the kit, and the brush itself is worth the price of the kit.


Used to love the Mac gel liner too, but I realized after several months of use, that it was the cause of my red, irritated eyes. If your eyes are sensitive, this may not be the one for you!


I actually find any of these can cause "red" in the eyes! No matter how good they are an irratant. At least for me
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
Alexya wrote:
My favorite for the waterline is the MAC gel liner. I also have a tightlining kit from Laura Geller that is cake liner. Every so often they put a brush in with the kit, and the brush itself is worth the price of the kit.


Used to love the Mac gel liner too, but I realized after several months of use, that it was the cause of my red, irritated eyes. If your eyes are sensitive, this may not be the one for you!


I actually find any of these can cause "red" in the eyes! No matter how good they are an irratant. At least for me


I find any liner in the waterline does this in my case, I use the flat brush and just "push" the gel liner up into the lash line which gets it between those lower lashes.

I have never found one I can apply directly in the eye without not only red irritated eyes but black globs in the inner corner eventually!

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 1374
Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've never understood why anyone would want their eyes to look smaller, which is what this technique does.

I like Sandy Linter's technique of dotting liquid black eyeliner amongst your upper lashes after you've applied eyeliner just above your lashes and gone over that line with a dark eyeshadow to set the line. Gives you an intense look without risking eye irritation.

Better yet, start using Latisse! I don't even wear mascara any more.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Thalgo Prodige des Océans Gift Set (coffret) Thalgo Marine Shower Gel (250 ml / 8.45 floz) Skeyndor Essential Wheat Germ Oil Nourishing Cream (50 ml)