Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Weleda
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever used any products from Weleda?

What have (positive, neutral, or negative) heard about them?

And what do you think of their line?
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I don't like it. Many many years ago I tried their rose damascena line. The cream was off - but I only found that out after my skin became inflamed. You just don't notice with all that rose scent. The rose oil capsules were nicer but didn't do much.
A friend of mine also had dermatitis because of a Weleda cream that was off when she bought it. It's very nice they don't use chemical preservatives, but the consequence is a short shelf life.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Weleda Skin Food for years and never had any issues, I don't use it for my face (too heavy for my skin) but as a great hand or foot treatment! Mine has never gone off. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
The Weleda cream I am using at present is dated 11/2013 which would be at least two years from manufacture. Might be a problem if your supplier doesn't have good stock turnover or poor storage conditions. Question IMO like all skincare ranges Weleda has its stars and its turkeys. I love the Baby Calendula face cream which, like Skin Food, contains lanolin. But I found the body lotion greasy and the shampoo/ body wash to be more drying than I like (my skin is sensitive and easily dehydrated).

Several Weleda products score highly in the 'Anti-Ageing Beauty Bible' or the 'Green Beauty Bible', for which products are tested by a panel of consumers. These include the Pomegranate hand cream, Wild Rose night cream, Wild Rose face masque, Lavender body wash, Birch cellulite oil and the foot balm. Skin Food is raved about by celebrities and beauty writers.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of trying their body washes.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I want to try this product also due to organic and natural but I am not sure is it suitable for me. It is quite expensive for a small tube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I am using their Pine Reviving Bath Milk and i think it's great product.

Interestingly, it's almost impossible to buy it in US. At the same time there are plenty of other types of Weleda bathing products, but not the Pine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 am      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
I want to try this product also due to organic and natural but I am not sure is it suitable for me. It is quite expensive for a small tube.

You can get Weleda products at deep discounts at VitaCost.
ErinJoy27
5% products discount

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 am      Reply with quote
They are alright for me. I've used the Almond Cream, the Rose Cream (night and day), the Skin Food, the Cold Cream and the Pomegranate Serum. They all smell really amazing, but I find the Cold Cream was my favorite. I'm scared of the alcohol in their products.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:46 am      Reply with quote
ErinJoy27 wrote:
They are alright for me. I've used the Almond Cream, the Rose Cream (night and day), the Skin Food, the Cold Cream and the Pomegranate Serum. They all smell really amazing, but I find the Cold Cream was my favorite. I'm scared of the alcohol in their products.

It depends on the specific alcohol some are actually good for the skin! Smile

What purpose does alcohol have as an ingredient in skin care products? Is alcohol drying to the skin?

ALCOHOL FREE

For many years cosmetic manufacturers have marketed certain cosmetic products that do not contain ethyl alcohol (also known as ethanol, or grain alcohol) as "alcohol free."

Some consumers select "alcohol free" products because they believe ethyl alcohol dries out their skin or hair.

However, "alcohols" are a large and diverse family of chemicals, with different names and a variety of effects on the skin. This can lead to some confusion among consumers when they check the ingredient listings on cosmetic labels to determine alcohol content.

In cosmetic labeling, the term "alcohol," used by itself, refers to ethyl alcohol. Cosmetic products, including those labeled "alcohol free," may contain other alcohols, such as cetyl, stearyl, cetearyl, or lanolin alcohol. These are known as fatty alcohols, and their effects on the skin are quite different from those of ethyl alcohol.

Isopropyl alcohol, which some consumers may think of as drying the skin, is rarely used in cosmetics. It is used in our Skin Prep Toner however. The purpose is for prepping the skin for a peel which involves deep cleaning and oil removal on the surface of the skin.

To prevent the ethyl alcohol in a cosmetic from being diverted illegally for use as an alcoholic beverage, it may be "denatured." This means that it contains an added "denaturant" that makes it undrinkable.

Denatured ethyl alcohol may appear in the ingredient listing under several different names. You may see the abbreviation SD Alcohol (which stands for "specially denatured alcohol"), followed by a number or a number-letter combination that indicates how the alcohol was denatured, according to the formulary of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF). Among the specially denatured alcohols acceptable for use in various cosmetics are SD Alcohol 23-A, SD Alcohol 40, and SD Alcohol 40-B.

The term "Alcohol Denat." was introduced in Europe as a generic term for denatured alcohol in the interest of harmonizing ingredient names internationally. It frequently appears on products that are marketed both in the U.S. and abroad. You also may see a dual declaration, such as "SD Alcohol-40 (Alcohol Denat.)."

http://www.fairlightcosmetics.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=92

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 am      Reply with quote
ErinJoy27 wrote:

In some of the products the alcohol is there because it is the solvent for the plant extracts. With the baby calendula cream it is well down the ingredients list, so I rub the cream in my hands which allows this to evaporate off. There are no fatty alcohols in any of the Weleda products AFAIK.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
tgurl
5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
i have tried their gentle cleansing milk n it works good on me...p.s. i have sensitive combination skin.
jangaming
5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
i would like to try weleda's eye cream. dunnno is it work?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
jangaming wrote:
i would like to try weleda's eye cream. dunnno is it work?

Here's some information that I found about Weleda's eye cream on other forums: http://www.google.com/search?q=forums+weleda+eye+cream+reviews
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Weleda makes great products, their rose cream for those having reactions is very strong. It always made me flush a bit, some swear by it. I loved it for hydration, was too young to know if anti aging when I used it.

They also made a cleansing milk that was and is, if they still make it fantastic. Their calendula cream is very good too!

They also make a great arnica oil

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Did you know Weleda is associated with the Steiner system? Look at the logo of both. The fonts are the same.

I have used drops of Weleda lavender bath in water to wash my face in. It calms the skin and gets rid of redness.

Also I use their sleeping drops.
hexstatic

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there! Does anyone have tried the Weleda Toothpaste, i'm very curious about them. Thank you Smile
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hey there! Does anyone have tried the Weleda Toothpaste, i'm very curious about them. Thank you

I use the Weleda toothpaste for children on my daughter's teeth but have never tried using the adult one on mine. Would be interested to know what it's like. Am currently using Aloedent and am very happy with it.
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I love the pomegranate hand cream (smells like sangria- yum!). It has the best texture. I also like Skin Food for when my hands get super dry.

I've also used the almond cleansing milk (nice for dehydrated, sensitive skin), the sea buckthorn body wash (really nice and moisturizing), the sea buckthorn body oil (I like the performance but it smells a little too tangerine-y) and the cellulite oil (great smell, nice texture- didn't notice a difference in cellulite, though).

I used to use the toothpastes and I think they're good, but I now prefer Eco-Dent tooth powders.

I remember trying the Iris skin care and not being impressed by it.
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Oops! I totally forgot to mention one of my Weleda staples: Everon lip balm! I love it. Nice texture and beautiful vanilla-rose scent.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |