Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Using Oils to Remove Makeup - Irritating to some?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Jojoba oil and Sweet Almond Oil to remove my makeup. I've been doing this for about a year. In this time, I have noticed a little bit of blotchiness on one cheek.. when I went for a facial a few months ago, my esthetician asked if I had any allergies or something because of what she was seeing on my skin.

After seeing (the ever so wise and amazing) Firefox write several times that oleic acids can be irritating, I'm wondering if this could be the culprit.

The problem is, if I don't use this to take my makeup off with, what should I use? I used to just use a cold cream from the drug store, but I really don't feel like it gets the makeup off as well as oils. What do you like to use to remove your makeup?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Could it also be clogging your pores?

Just a guess.
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
No, it's not really clogging my pores at all. I just used it to remove my makeup then I cleanse with a regular cleanser. I don't tend to have clogged pores and I experience very few breakouts.
tmeyer66
5% products discount

Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe try a different oil blend, kukui, Hazelnut and Grapeseed are somewhat astringent and may help if you have a bit of congestion.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, just try different oils. I think grapeseed & almond are high in oleic acid.

And why don't you try throwing some poly80 into your oils so they rinse off? That way you don't need to follow up with a cleanser or cloth. I just started doing this and its awesome.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Earth Science A-D-E creamy cleanser is fabulous for removing makeup. Lots of people love that one, myself included! Or perhaps look into Borage oil. Lots of people love that one as well. Smile
wkw1203
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I had used oil to remove makeup, but it clogged my pores and caused acne.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I love Silkia Camellia Oil for removing my eye makeup. It leaves my skin smooth and, best of all, I'm not allergic to it.
LaRoche-Posey Dermo-Cleanser works well to remove my facial makeup.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:01 am      Reply with quote
It may be that these two oils that you are using are not right for your skin. Whilst Jojoba oil is supposed to be close to skin lipids – like many things out there – there are many different types. I recall an aromatherapist telling me that jojoba oil in its natural form is solid like a wax, and needs to be melted down to be used. Likewise Almond oil is quite thick and heavy. Maybe switching to a lighter oil would be more beneficial. I have dry skin so for me I like the thick oils and they definitely moisturise my skin but I have a friend with oily skin who can’t stand heavy oils and she uses a green avocado organic oil – and she loves that but it took her a while to find the right one. A lot of the avocado oils you get over here are not green in colour but yellowy and so they have been heavily processed. She uses the green oil to take off her makeup without any issues whatsoever and it doesn’t clog her pores either (which was something she had a lot of issues with – with her former types).
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
With many skincare ingredients it's important to experiment, but this is particularly true of oils for some reason. Experiment, experiment, experiment until you find one that does the job without the side effects.

I know someone who swears by using lard to remove her mascara. Who am I to judge? LOL.
amber_flower
5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 am      Reply with quote
cherallynne forcella wrote:
I love Silkia Camellia Oil for removing my eye makeup. It leaves my skin smooth and, best of all, I'm not allergic to it.
LaRoche-Posey Dermo-Cleanser works well to remove my facial makeup.

+1 yes, me too! I like Silkia Camellia Oil
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe add in a bit of Castor oil?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
yeah, just try different oils. I think grapeseed & almond are high in oleic acid.

And why don't you try throwing some poly80 into your oils so they rinse off? That way you don't need to follow up with a cleanser or cloth. I just started doing this and its awesome.

Sounds great.
MANISH MAHAPATRA

Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 am      Reply with quote
[b][i][u] I KNOW THAT WOMEN WANT MAKEUP TO LOOK BEAUTIFUL BUT MAKUPS ARE MADE UP OF CHEMICALS HARMFUL TO HEALTH AND YOUR SKIN YOU USE MAKEUP TO LOOK BEAUTIFUL BUT FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. USE SOME NATURAL SUBSTANCES TO LOOK BEAUTIFUL. USE TURMERIC,CUCUMBER, MILK ,LEMON ,ROSE WATER TO LOOK FRESH AND BEAUTIFUL. IF YOU HAVE IRRITATION USING MAKEUP. FOLLOW THE STEPS TO REMOVE IRRITATION -

1.WASH YOU FACE WILL COLD WATER
2.APPLY OIL AND THAN AGAIN WASH YOUR FACE WILL COLD WATER AND SOAP.
3.APPLY LEMON WATER TO YOUR FACE.
4.USE CUCUMBER TO COVER YOUR FACE.
5.USE ICE AND RUB GENTLY ON FACE.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |