Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Reassurance about getting fillers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TraLa
5% products discount

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

I am new to this whole world of "fillers". I am 43 and I have always had a very drawn and tired looking face with excessively lined eyes, given that I am a very happy and positive person, it makes me sad that my outer doesn't match my inner. To be honest, I have always felt like a supermodel trapped inside a very less than ordinary body...

I have been getting botox now for about 3 years and on Thursday I will be getting a couple of mls of juvederm voluma in my cheeks (to the value of $1400).

When looking at my face, I have always felt the problem was my eyes, but my injector tells me the problems is in fact my cheeks (nothing like a new flaw to take your attention away from the old flaw).

I am not telling anyone about the procedure and I have read your posts in here at length regarding jabbing and pumping - which I have found to be informative, nerve racking and exciting. I guess I just wanted to tell someone, so there you have it.

I am realistic with possible results. I know I will never be beautiful, I just want to look the best I can, I guess the chance of coming away looking even worse is quite worrying, but you have to be in it to win it!
TraLa
5% products discount

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Today is my big day!

I am feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

Fingers crossed it is an improvement.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
TraLa wrote:
Today is my big day!

I am feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

Fingers crossed it is an improvement.

Best of luck TraLa,

I am sure all will be just fine! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yep! I agree; I think you will love your results. I can't wait to hear about your experience and how you're enjoying the outcome.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my God!

I am so happy!

I had one ml of Juvaderm Voluma injected into each cheek and the result is simply fabulous. When I say that, I don't mean I look like a different person, I look the same just not so hollow, if you know what I mean. It is wonderfully subtle.

At the moment I still have two very white triangular marking on either cheek, but I am told this will go down in around 4 hours.

It is so nice to share my news with someone as I am not telling ANYONE in my real life!

Such a great outcome!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
TraLa wrote:
Oh my God!

I am so happy!

I had one ml of Juvaderm Voluma injected into each cheek and the result is simply fabulous. When I say that, I don't mean I look like a different person, I look the same just not so hollow, if you know what I mean. It is wonderfully subtle.

At the moment I still have two very white triangular marking on either cheek, but I am told this will go down in around 4 hours.

It is so nice to share my news with someone as I am not telling ANYONE in my real life!

Such a great outcome!

Congratulations TraLa!

I am thrilled for you that you are so happy with your results! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on your results! What made you decide on Juvaderm Voluma as opposed to something else like Radiesse or Scuptra?
2dagym
5% products discount

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Very happy for you. I love my Juvederm. I had my doctor put some in my cheeks after having my nasolabial folds done. I feel though that I need to have more added but to be honest I don't trust my doctor's skills as much as I wish I did. I have been considering getting another doctor but haven't been able to find any reviews on doctors' performance on fillers.
TraLa
5% products discount

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am completely new to fillers. The reason I chose Juvaderm is because that is what my injector recommended. I have been seeing her for botox for 2 years or so and in that time I have come to trust her opinion.

It was certainly expensive, but I truly feel it was worth it. The funny thing though, I always felt my face looked old and sunken and incorrectly felt it was my eyes that were the problem, when it was my cheeks!

She was telling me today that she really loves the results Juvaderm gives. She doesn't use a blunt cannula type needle to give it either, she uses a fine needle, she was explaining as to why but to be honest I was too busy concentrating on breathing to take it in...

In your opinion, are the other fillers better for cheeks?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Voluma is supposed to be the longest lasting cheek filler, which is why it is more expensive than Restylane Plus.

Sculptra is not a filler as such - Sculptra is injected into the dermis to encourage the growth of collagen so results aren't immediate, they take about six months to appear.

ETA: I just corrected a mistake I made in comparing the fillers!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I like Juvaderm voluma for the cheeks too! I have had it twice now. It's not cheap though.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I don't want to become one of these people who are addicted to filling but I am so scared I am in fact going to become one of those people addicted to filling! Ha!

I have noticed loose skin at the sides of my mouth as well, is voluma best for that area or is there a less expensive alternative?

I have lost around 20kg, and I swear 5kg left my face! My body looks okay, but my face was so gaunt. I would even have people ask if I had not been well - that is how hollow I was looking. I am by no means underweight, but I am cursed with a long thin face and a wider than average body!

And you are right, Bermie, it is super expensive!
TraLa
5% products discount

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh this place is great! Given this is a secret I have yet to share with anyone it is so nice to be able to come in here and share. I am loving fillers!

I had a ml or Restaline put in on Monday to zap the little creases at the sides of my mouth. I love the fact it is so subtle. I don't love the fact I have a bruise on my right so though...

My injector has recommended I get some Stieva A 0.025 and use it every second night. I have read up on it in here however I do have one concern. I have very dry skin and I am not at all prone to acne. Do you think it would be beneficial for me? My injector assures me that it is the best thing you can do for your skin, but after reading up on it I am unsure how it will help my skin.

Thanks
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 am      Reply with quote
TraLa wrote:
Oh this place is great! Given this is a secret I have yet to share with anyone it is so nice to be able to come in here and share. I am loving fillers!

I had a ml or Restaline put in on Monday to zap the little creases at the sides of my mouth. I love the fact it is so subtle. I don't love the fact I have a bruise on my right so though...

My injector has recommended I get some Stieva A 0.025 and use it every second night. I have read up on it in here however I do have one concern. I have very dry skin and I am not at all prone to acne. Do you think it would be beneficial for me? My injector assures me that it is the best thing you can do for your skin, but after reading up on it I am unsure how it will help my skin.

Thanks

So are you from australia too? I think but not 100% thats its an Aus product. Its our version of Retin-A (retinoids) and I use it too. I started with .025% and now am on 0.5%. I really love it and its great for anti-aging in the long term If you google or search here about it you'll get lots of stuff come up.

Im glad your fillers have been going well. My injector recommended perlane (sp) filler for my under eye area. My eyes look a little sunken and tired looking.

Not sure if anyone is familiar with this one???I think she uses the same for other areas. TraLa did the injections hurt more that botox ones ?? (its the only injection I can compare) LOL
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to add congrats on the weight loss. 20kg is a great job, well done Smile
TraLa
5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi there!

Yes I am Australian.

Just like you said, my injector wants to start me on 0.025 and work up. She said to get an amount the size of a pea to rub over my face and use it every second night for a month, then work up to using it every night. I am seeing my doctor on Monday to get my script.

I am pleased to tell you the injections of filler hurt far less than botox, I actually had a bit of botox while I was there, but keep in mind my fillers were in my mouth creases.

I am really interested in filler under my eyes but I am concerned due to the skin under my eyes being super thin.

It is so nice to be able to talk openly about this stuff.

Let me know how you go!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Good to know, but yeah I assume that the under eye area would hurt more. My skin is a little thin there too and she's said I only need a tiny bit, but I'm still unsure. Confused

With the StievaA thats how I did it. I still haven't managed to get to a daily use of it. My skin gets dry and peels a bit around my chin/mouth area everytime I try to...so every second night its been for the last few months.I have combination skin too, that's not really prone to sensitivity and its certainly not dry. Just remember to wear sunscreen during the day as its so important. Start off really slow with it, even every three nights if your skin gets irritated, and a pea size does my face and neck too.

PS If your from Sydney I'de love to know where you get injections done..Just PM me if you don't want to say publicly....its cool if you don't, just never can get any good recommendations here as most EDSers from US/Canada/UK and its not like many of my friends in real life do this stuff. You're right its great to talk openly about it though Very Happy Thnx
GL
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I am in Australia too!!

Yes you will definitely find fillers addictive. I love them and I am lucky in that I find the more you get the less you need (if you can understand that?) it seems to last longer.

I am in Melbourne and have gone to a few different places, no bad experiences, some really good but terrible expensive. Its a bit hard because I love how one does my lips but not keen on how she did my cheeks first time. When I used a different person loved how they did my cheeks not so much the lips!!

I also use Retin A .025% and .050% a few times a week. I have dry sensitive skin with no acne either so I know what you mean about dryness. I wait about 45 mins and then apply a moisturiser. I buy mine from AllDayChemist (india) very cheaply!

so glad you are happy with your results. I would like to know where you go too? if you are in Melbourne? Its always good to hear others experiences.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am on the Sunshine Coast and I go to the Vie Institute here and I can't praise them enough. Jan Marett is my injector and she is like a magician! She gives me clear and honest advice. I could be described as a plain woman and I just want to make the best of what I have. You are right. Very Expensive. I agree with you that a little squirt now will save you a big squirt later. Apparently the filler encourages our body to produce its own - something or rather. Ha! I really need to listen and retain more...

Bermie do you have that link to the place you buy your cream from? I have a feeling my doctor won't prescribe it to me. My doctor is a grumpy Dr House type. Thankfully what he lacks in bedside manner he makes up for in skill. I have asked him about the cream before and his response was "why would you be so stupid as to put a cream on your face that you don't need for sheer vanity?!"

I do have very thin and loose skin under my eyes and I am a candidate for bleth, I can't wait to hear how you go with your filler Dionie!

Good luck!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear about your dr. Its really funny as I was the one who told my dr about it and asked for him to precribe it LOL. You can buy it fromwww.alldaychemist.com as Bermie2 wrote. They send to Australia without script, for now.I think the retino is the generic one.

I find the generic ones are really cheap online but the non generic are soooo expensive. Stieva A is not generic and its much cheaper than the ones overseas that are not generic. At least I know what I'm getting too. Is there another dr who you could go to?I just ask for a script whenever I go. With young kids I'm always at the drs.

Bermie2 its great you've have succeess too. Im working up to daily use of retinoids and I think the key is using moisturiser afterwards too. I think I may do that about 45 min afterwards tand see how I progress. Great to meet another Aussie. Very Happy

BTW I've just contacted a dr who does fillers here in Sydney and Ill be getting fillers in the next month. She seems really good and even advised me we will go v slow and maybe do it twice rather than all at once in case of problems.She did say this area requires alot of skill and she uses restalyne which is better for under eyes as its not as thick as perlane.I sent her a photo and she thinks Im a candidate for it. Fingers crossed, but I'll keep you posted.
GL too.
TraLa
5% products discount

Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link.

Feel a tad silly not realising that all it took was to add awww. in front of All Day Chemist to create it...

I am seeing my Doctor on Monday, fingers crossed he is in a good mood and will give me a script without too much grumbling and tsk tsking.

To be honest when my injector was telling me about it, I was so caught up with my filled smile lines I didn't really take it what it does. I have tried to have a look online but it always refers back to acne, which is 100% not why I will be using it.

If either of you could break it down into terms which are easy to understand I would be really grateful.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Here's a good place to start :
http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/tretin.html

It talks about lots of actives in general, their benefits and uses.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
That's the link I was going to post!

If you have no luck with your doc I would recommend Alldaychemist. I do use a separate account as I have heard stories about fraudulent action on people's account, although I have never had any problems. Postage is a flat $25.00 though so I usually do a bulk order (I actually order my blood pressure tablets and other things from there too!) otherwise it would work as just as expensive as here.

Start off slow with the Retin A as it can definitely cause dryness. I still cannot tolerate every night. I am actually thinking of switching to one of the gentler forms of retin (see the info on that link). I used to use Isomers Retiniacin and loved it, thinking I may go back to it, or maybe Environ products, they have retinal palmate? and Vit C.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks girls.

I will let you know how I go on Monday. When my injector explained how to use it I sort of zoned out looking at my smile!

I really can't see my doctor advising a plan of action, as far as the cream goes. I am thinking of starting every third day for a week or two (pea size, that I remember...), then every second night. Does that sound like a plan?

Happy Friday to you both.

Now it is off to earn the money to pay for my fillers!
TraLa
5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Got my Stieva A!

I would like to report with no grumbling from my doctor, however to say minimal to mild grumbling and tsk tsk-ing would be more accurate.

I can't believe how cheap it is!

Fingers crossed it helps to slow the process on my poor old face.

Going to ease in to it by using it every third day for 4 weeks then every second day after that.

Does that sound like a workable plan?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |