Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ ::
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
It is very good. I used this in summer. It is not sticky and moisture my face whole day.
It is so wonderful.

Thanks for EDS fans advice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I am also enjoying Devita for an everyday sunscreen. I use the Solar Body Block and it offers me good protection for times I'm not in the sun too long and I love how there is absolutely no white cast.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product. I use the face and body cream.

Sinks in asap and no greasy feeling whatsoever.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I used this product for about 2 months, and had to switch over to another (currently its Burnout). Devita doesn't block enough of the sun for me, even though it says its around 30spf - my skin was getting brown spots (old acne and post inflam. hyperpigmentation issues) while using it.

When I switched to Burnout they faded away again after a bit. My test for a new sunscreen is always by watching for the darker pigmentation to show up...if it does, I know I must move on!
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I adore this SS and use it under my lauramercier foundation. it isnt very matte though so i would be afraid to use it without make up or powder

im looking to try pratima next.
lookwithin
5% products discount

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I loved how Devita looked on how my skin, no whitish cast like the others, it looked like I wasn't wearing sunscreen. However it protected like I wasn't wearing sunscreen either as I did still tan and spot. I wasn't out all day either, just a couple hours.

A sunscreen may look great on your skin, but if it's not protecting you from sun damage, it's not worth it.
budderballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think this works because I wore it out and I got tan. I like that there is no white cast and it absorbs into my skin easily, but it just doesn't work for me. Trader Joe's zinc oxide sunscreen worked great for me. I could apply it once and stay out in the sun all day and I wouldn't tan at all. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore and I thought this could be my replacement but nope! I'll keep searching.
ladyroxanne

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
i've been using the devita solar 30 for about 2 years now and i use retin a. i really like it because it moisturizes and has the sunscreen. with all sunscreens, you need to re-apply every 2-3 hours to get full protection. i've never had a tan and really like how it leaves me skin.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried any Devita moisturizer without SPF?
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe because it is SO sheer it rubs off/sweats off easily, is that why people are saying it doesnt work?

I use it and I do reapply often, but I am getting worried by these posts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use Devita and haven't had any issues.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use Devita and haven't had any issues either. I love the sunblock for body. I get heat rashes very easily from some sunscreens. I never do when I use this product.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I tried Devita for a couple months and like some others on here it did not protect from UVA (tanning rays) enough. Wherever I applied it on my face I got some tanning with just incidental sun exposure. Less than 2 hours in the sun with reapplication. I tested it on the hands as well to be sure. There was a noticeable shade of tanning.
It also caused my eyes to water and sting every time I used it. It would make my eyes water all day even with applying the sunscreen far from the eye area.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Indium wrote:
I tried Devita for a couple months and like some others on here it did not protect from UVA (tanning rays) enough. Wherever I applied it on my face I got some tanning with just incidental sun exposure. Less than 2 hours in the sun with reapplication. I tested it on the hands as well to be sure. There was a noticeable shade of tanning.
It also caused my eyes to water and sting every time I used it. It would make my eyes water all day even with applying the sunscreen far from the eye area.

There have been a number of reports like that, unfortunately. Too bad, as I do like the way Devita feels on my face.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I loved this sunblock, it's the best I've tried and I've tried a lot!! I tend to be very generous with the amount I use and I apply Jane Iredale of Bare Mineral sunblock powder over it.
ellatu
5% products discount

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I switched to physical sunscreens 2 years ago after decades of using chemical sunscreen and continuing to get hyperpigmentation on face, neck and hands. My skin is so much happier with the physical SS. My newest favorite is Devita---it looks and feels wonderful on my face and makes MMU look almost dewy. I avoid the sun--hats, long sleeves, parasols (no kidding) so my sun exposure is incidental--mostly on my daily 2 hour commute. I have had no problem using Devita this summer (no tan, no spots). I must say that the Devita seems to protect my fair skin better than the icky, expensive chemical sunscreen I have used in years past. I am careful about re applying before driving home in the afternoon.
I am very happy with Devita Moisturizing 30spf and the 30 SPF for body.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I still use Devita for my face, it is really good. I consider to use Devita for my body.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I still tanned using Devita and it caused eye irritation and little bumps in my skin.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I also tanned very easily with this on. There is one thing I don't understand. How can a sunscreen that states it has 19% zinc allow so many people to get sun. There are 18 posts on this thread and 6 people (including me) have stated that this sunscreen didn't work for them. I can see if it broke someone out or someone didn't like the texture, smell etc. but a sunscreen with this much zinc should work. Now if someone used it differently (less amount then usual)or in a different location, like a much more humid place maybe you could account for the difference. But I've been using sunscreen for years and I always use the same amount and when I tried Devita I was in the same location as I always am.

Does anyone know why there could be such a difference between this high zinc product and another high zinc product like burnout, that I have used and never got any sun using it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Neutrogena Dry Touch spf55 or Coppertone oil-free face sunscreen spf60?
BTW,do not try any Badger sunscreen if your skin is combined/oily.Even though its ingredients is very safe, the cream is too greasy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Does anyone know why there could be such a difference between this high zinc product and another high zinc product like burnout, that I have used and never got any sun using it?

interesting and thought-provoking question. I don't know the ingredients in DeVita nor have an ingredient comparison to other sunscreens
but
maybe it has to do with those other ingredients and how and frequency rate those ingredients break down when exposed to sunlight...?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've read micronized zinc isn't as effective.
Cat_eyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone used this recently. Recently like in the last 30 days. I hear the formula has changed; and supposedly not for the better.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use it, and have had no problems with Breakouts....

BUT, I do notice in pictures that my face looks Plastic (it shines way too much).. I don't have oily skin BTW..
Cat_eyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
suz48 wrote:
I use it, and have had no problems with Breakouts....

BUT, I do notice in pictures that my face looks Plastic (it shines way too much).. I don't have oily skin BTW..

Crap!!! That is all I need. I have oily skin as well. I do use a mattifying powder so we'll see. I've already ordered it. Wasn't expecting the formula to change.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |