Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Up to date photos - Facial Exercise Program Founders
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Ok on a discussion, I suddenly realised there are no programs out there with up to date photos of the founders, and close ups. If these programs do work as well as they say they do, then why dont they share them with us, so I got my thinking cap on and decided I was going to email them and ask. Cant hurt to ask I figured so Im sending this email below:

----------------------------------------------

OK being a long time member of the EDS forum, I have been discussing with the other ladies on there and wanted to say upfront how much we all love your programs, but one thing that has gotten our curiousity recently is that there are no recent photos of any of the founders of the programs out there including yours.

I wanted to reach out to you all and see if you had any plans to make a more recent photo available to the public at any point – as we’re all dying to know what someone who does your program long term like you have can expect. Now we’ve been famous for our critiquing of before/after shots on other websites, we’re used to things like camera, angles etc so what we’re hoping for is some upclose shots showing us the quality of your skin, and whether there is muscular build or lines etc in place. Would you be willing to share such photos with us?

With kind regards

Theresa

----------------------------------------------

I'm sending it to these addresses:

(Flex Effect) <customerservice@flexeffect.com>; (Carolyn's Facial Fitness) <carolyn@carolynsfacialfitness.com>; (Facercise) <info@facercise.com>; (Ageless) <steve.royce@agelessifyoudare.org>; (Facial Magic) <customerservice@cynthiarowland.com>; (Eva Fraser) <info@evafraser.com>;
and two other programs I've not done but have heard rave reviews about:

<kseww@aol.com>;
<questions@face-up-exercise.com>;

Any others let me know, and I'll share with you all what responses I get (or don't get!).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 am      Reply with quote
OK first response and its got to get credit for that was from Cynthia Rowland:

Theresa, there are photos on the site, on youtube and many other places of my face, including video. Just go to the site and watch the videos that were compiled in the last few months.

I just had headshots done here in NYC and they, too, will be posted in the next week or so…no photoshopping allowed!

One more thing…I do not have nasal labial folds, my eye lids are tight and taut, my chin is also very tight and there is no sagging in my face. I’m the founder of Facial Magic and have been faithfully following instructions for over 20 years.

Cynthias site is:

http://www.cynthiarowland.com/

and her before/afters section is here:

http://www.cynthiarowland.com/facial-magic/before-and-after.php
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary - Good on you!!!

My only comment on the Cynthia Rowland website before and afters is that the lighting is not the same. The befores are dark, whereas the afters are well lit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Definitely true, but thats true for all the before/afters I've seen so far on all the websites, so I'm eager to see what her New York photos will show for sure as I do think she looks good for her age and youthful. I don't want to go the skinny look that I see Eva has, don't get me wrong I think she looks great, but she is very thin. I see the same with Carolyn Cleaves and I think us girls need some weight on us.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, TheresaMary.

Btw, why do you think Eva and Carolyn look skinny? Their faces look full to me. Is it the neck region or something else? Just curious.

You know, I'd also love to get BMIs on them too, so I can mentally try to adjust the photos in my mind for body fat levels...but I'm sure that will never happen!!...no one wants to share that info ;P

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Well looking at their most recent shots on their websites (and by most recent, its not photos taken this year so albeit they may have changed from this look) but I circle the areas to me which stand out below:

Also just add, I don't think they look bad as such, but you can see in the areas I've circled there is a distinct aged appearance and that could be due to them being healthy and not having fat and as a result it makes these areas more prominent in the photos. Eva's middle face is to die for, but if you look at her neck, you can see the chords and circles that to me is very aging. Yet her upper eyelids are to die for, but then when you look at the sides of her face you can see indents and all sorts not fullness in comparison.

Likewise with Carolyn, and this isn't a good shot but its the most recent on on her website, its taken at an angle and with lighting shining down, so you can't really see the quality of the skin as you can with Eva's, but nonetheless you can see her neck looks aged, and the sides of her face there looks gaunt to me.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, TheresaMary. I think the platysma muscle covers most of both regions, so maybe that is a weakness that they both share? Certainly focusing on the upper portion of the platysma has helped me with that lower cheek/jawline area. I'm curious to see what other responses you get!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I don't see skinny faces when I look at these women who are both pretty slim and should have lost a lot of mass in their faces both from aging and just not being chunky. Instead I see a very defined jaw in both Carolyn and Eva--something I don't see in all instructors. No double chins whatsoever, nor do their jaws just blend into their necks but the skin of their jaws is vacuumed against the jaw to create the sort of jawline folks admire in models.

Also the lower cheeks on Eva's face to me are no different from what I see in these people below who are much younger and not considered to "look old" by most:

I do agree the cords on the neck are usually a give away of one not being young, but c'mon, Eva is in her 80's! Most 80 year olds have more than one cord, turkey necks and one can't tell where their chins end and their necks start. So meh! Eva looks fantastic to me.

I don't know what it is the circle on Carolyn's neck is supposed to be highlighting because I don't see cords there nor anything wrong with her neck. I see a neck I wish I had. Surely she isn't supposed to have a neck that looks like the one below, is she? Laughing
For a better view of Carolyn's neck, check out this video. You can fast forward to the end where she does lower her chin and you can see how beautiful it is and how it isn't just blended into her jaw as you might see in some people: http://youtu.be/8wDJ_ud7Los

Another vid showing her beautifully defined jawline and smooth neck: http://youtu.be/aFO1gGNt3Gg

Also a look at Eva's video made just two years ago shows you that she is not gaunt at all. For someone of her age and with her slim frame, I'd expect a face that didn't have the fullness she has: http://youtu.be/YcyRLKq3aZg

Indeed beauty is in the eyes of the beholder coz these are two of my favorite idols/models of face exercises. And I see the sort of faces I wish for myself when I get to their ages. But it's as we always say: it's all a matter of taste. Lean and svelte appeals to me more than large and chunky; Callanetics/Yoga/dancer results rather than iron pumping/steroid enhanced results. The former is more feminine and aesthetically appealing to me while I find the latter a little too masculine for my liking.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, Courtney Cox's skin looks flawless in that pic.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think it would be fair to state the ages of Eva Fraser and Carolyn Cleaves.

Every time I see a pic of Eva Fraser I am so amazed to realise she is I think almost 80 years old now?
Amazing. Of course she has a beautiful bone structure, that helps.
She's a real inspiration!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Not got lot of time to talk, but wanted to say I've had responses from Carolyn Cleaves, Carole Maggio and Deborah Crowley.

Carolyn Cleaves said:

Greetings! I have to say I’m a bit confused. Most all of us have recent video clips of ourselves that have been posted on YouTube and/or our websites. I have recently posted The Brush – http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/the-brush- and more recently, the Face Firmer – http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/face-firmer-massage-technique - . Deb Crowley has a recent YouTube video clip showing her flawless skin and Cynthia Rowland has many recent video clips showing her beautiful face, as well. Carole Maggio and Tonya Z have a barrage of video clips on the web and you can follow their aging process and see how “good” they look and how well their programs have personally worked for them over the years. Eva Fraser, in her eighties has interviews on the tele in the UK (find them on YouTube) and we just can’t hide the build of our faces or the quality of our skin when somebody else is taking the pictures. The lighting and camera angle of my own interview on the Australian Today show http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/today-show-clip was completely out of my control.

I suppose I could take a frame out of any of my recent video clips and post it on my website, but somehow isn’t a moving picture of us more revealing? You can put any of these clips up on a big-screen TV and scrutinize the heck out of us, if you wish. Can’t hide in a video clip, yes?

Carole Maggio said:

Dear Theresa,

In my monthly newsletter I do print such photos. Are you receiving my newsletters? If you would like to go to facercise.com and sign up and you will get a monthly copy. The pictures I receive are from clients worldwide wanting to share their experience with us. Such as the video clip on my website from Sharon Martin who says she had to stop doing my lips exercises because her lips were entering the room before she was. I have been teaching Facercise since 1981 and have written 4 books and three DVD kits. My books have been printed in many languages so I get to hear from a large cross section of people. My books are even printed in Iran where they had to use a male model because of their beliefs.

My recent picture can be seen under About Carole on my website and in that section there is a video clip from CBS news taken last year where you can see me live which is better than a picture. In my newest book printed last year there are also client pictures.

Deb Crowley

Hi Theresa,

Way ahead of you... was planning on doing just that... it's been 2 yrs since last photo (video) I'll also do close-up / no makeup again

So to me looks like we may see some new photos soon!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Nonie, I do think Carolyn is a very pretty woman for sure, and Eva too without doubt. Hell I even had sessions with Eva herself in her studio about 9 years ago and she was an absolute delight.

Which instructors do you not see defined jaws in out of curiousity? Almost all of the ones I look at have that very look (defined jawline). Even Tom Haggerty who is closest to Eva’s age and still very active on his own forum.

I suppose to me it’s the combination of factors of all of those things and not a single one of them, which when blended together creates an aged look. I mean Eva you’re right is in her 80’s and its by no means to discredit her, as I think she is an amazing woman and she is still very active nowadays for which I give her full credit for. Also looking at her site, there are now some instructors she’s trained to teach her system, and some of them look amazing to me!
egyptiangoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, what facial exercise program do you do? And who do you think looks the best out of all of these women?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I do not do one program, but have during the last 10 years sometimes tried different ones at different times for a lengthy period, and nowadays I do a combo of exercises that suit my face very well, borrowing from several. I still like and do things from Facial Magic, FlexEffect, Maggio's and Eva Frasers too plus other stuff. Which do I think looks best, well for me Cynthia Rowland is undoubtedly very feminine and pretty in my book, but I do also like Deb Crowely - her eyes are gorgeous. I like Eva Frasers mid face, but there are some parts which I dislike too. I don't think there are people who I would say look terrible because of facial exercisees. I even think Susan Denny looks very good too and she's in her 60's and I emailed her too.
egyptiangoddess wrote:
TheresaMary, what facial exercise program do you do? And who do you think looks the best out of all of these women?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
You know, given the responses TheresaMary sent, I get the feeling that what would really be helpful are to see photos with no make-up. I am particularly super-curious to see what Carole Maggio and Cynthia Rowland look like without makeup, as they both seem to wear a lot. And Eva, too, if nothing else for inspiration!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaMary! It's interesting that you say you do different exercises from different programs. I guess once you do several for lengthy periods, you can then figure out which ones to do for the effect you're after. That's a really great idea!

cm, I'm not sure they'd let us see them without makeup! Laughing
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:19 am      Reply with quote
With or without make up, facial exercise is about contours and sag. Which these ladies don't have. Question is always, how straightforward are they regarding surgery and fillers?

That said, even when compared to women the same age who have used fillers and had plastic surgery they look very, very good and natural.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
With or without make up, facial exercise is about contours and sag.

True...I was just thinking that contours can be made to look more than what they are with clever make-up tricks, like contouring and highlighting.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have spent all evening trying to load a couple of pictures that i took of Louise today on my phone, while we were walking our dogs in the sub-tropical English summer along the Oxford canal. She is sans make-up,in daylight, squinting (?) and asking how far to the pub.However i am falling foul of some uploading issues with the Forum.I will get my daughter to do it tomorrow.
In meantime the images are on the ageless site,filling up the Hotspots page.
Until tomorrow Smile
Nanella
5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Question is always, how straightforward are they regarding surgery and fillers?

Exactly. Surgery, fillers, Botox, non-invasive professional treatments, devices, topicals, sunscreen, stress, diet, DNA, etc. There are a myriad of factors, cosmetic and physiological, that are going to play a significant role in the aging process and you simply can't tell what forces are at work by scrutinizing the pictures of one person touting their own program. Particularly when there is no way to verify whether or not the ladies in question have had work done.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to cause offense, but it's unwise to base your selection of program on the founder's pictures. I know the posters here are smarter than that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Ageless Steve Royce wrote:
I have spent all evening trying to load a couple of pictures that i took of Louise today on my phone, while we were walking our dogs in the sub-tropical English summer along the Oxford canal. She is sans make-up,in daylight, squinting (?) and asking how far to the pub.However i am falling foul of some uploading issues with the Forum.I will get my daughter to do it tomorrow.
In meantime the images are on the ageless site,filling up the Hotspots page.
Until tomorrow Smile

Here you go, Steve...

5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Sandooch, thanks very much for posting those photos

I'm not at all computer savvy plus I have big fat fingers so I appreciate a lot that you've helped me out
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Loulou is a real cutie. Excellent candid pictures… 50 and looking 35

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Ageless Steve Royce wrote:
Sandooch, thanks very much for posting those photos

I'm not at all computer savvy plus I have big fat fingers so I appreciate a lot that you've helped me out

No problem!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Deb,you've made my day! You've always looked really cool, pretty and natural.

I think all the facial exercise veterans have a look that's different to anything surgery could achieve. I'm looking at Eva Fraser's photo and wondering what on earth people think would produce that lovely thick, supple skin... No tightness. Nobody in their 80s looks like Eva, however much surgery they've had.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |